The Corroboree
incognito

Muscle mass

Watched the new batman, how awesome is bane?? Anyways I'm inspired to put on bulk muscle mass, just for shuts and giggles ;)

Anyways are there any bodybuilers here? What's a muscle growth supplement that you use that really works??

Forget those costly high carb, products that make you half fat.

Eat meat and greens.

Lots of it and then work your ass off at the gym regularly.

It's a simple formula but needs a lot of discipline and a lot of hard work.

• Like 2

steroids, lots of steroids

• Like 8

I've been having 'vital greens' every morning for about 3 months, and although it's not the roid pumping supplement most go for, it really packs a hell of a lotta punch. It's been enough to keep me motivated, and that says A LOT especially for me who's a lazy bugger and can't seem to stick to anything for a longer than week - I'll find out what the blokes have at work - They've been trying to get me to the gym and onto their regime of suppliments and stuff for 2 years - They are buff as buff and they've got bodies that models would litterally sell themselves for. Spirulina is one that I can recall off the top of my head, but they've got these big fancy tubs of stuff they drink after they worki out.

Halycon is right though - unless you actually utilise the energy these things give you with physical excercise, they don't 'work'. You'll just get fat b'cos your body will store all the excess... Annoying as it is, it's a bit of hard work, but the more you do it the less hard it is, until the point where you'll find yourself searching endlessly for things to tucker you out, and can't find any! Oh to be at that point without climbing the mountain... :wub:

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 1

Use to be a bit of a gym junkie when I was younger. I'm no expert, and the 'sciene' is always changing. However the basics are...

Most important thing is growing thing in growing muscle mass is lifting heavy weight with good form, and your diet.

Start with the macro nutrients;

- Protein (muscle growth)

- Fat (hormone production)

- Carbohydrates (energy)

You might want to use protein supplements if you daily protein intake isn't adequate. Not necessary, but helps to ensure you meet macro goals.

Next you'll want to take care of micro nutrients. Supplement with a decent multivitamin.

Then... once you've gotten into the swing of things and you are working out regularly, you might want to start using pre-workout drinks/stimulants. Although this is really not going to help until you, until you know what your doing in the gym.

Then... Might look at adding BCAA's pre-workout or mid workout to prevent muscles being broken down for energy during workouts.

Then... might look at adding Creatine into the mix - this will make your body retain more water, so you'll look bigger, and it will aid your muscular endurance and strength, which will lead to greater gains if you're pushing yourself. Again this isn't going to help without proper technique and isn't much use until you body has already adapted. Also once you stop using creatine you will "shrink" slightly as the water weight dissipates.

Nothing will get results better than hard work, blood, sweat, and tears.

There is a Ausbb forum with some decent threads on starting out. Look for shiz Fadi posts. He was a world class weight lifter and body builder and certainly knows his shiz.

• Like 1

My work is rather physical, I'm by no means fat, I just wanna bulk up purely for the hell of it, just for a few months while I break a super heroes back.

Started doing 50 morning pushups and situps for the last couple of weeks.

Considering getting of the erb until next year, so exercise and pumping guns may fill that void a little. Got a good weight set so yeah big guns here I come!!

Edited by incognito

I am a Beefcake.

Everyone is into Craze by Driven Sports these days as their preferred pre-workout sup. People use it for going out and my instructor recommended insufflating it.

I prefer hard work but am going to try it for partying this weekend.

• Like 1

its mostly about food, and intensity of the workout. mind muscle connection, not necessarily just heavy weight.

then lots of rest and sleep and more food for recovery.

being bigger as in muscles that look good, doesn't mean they are 100% function, people 1/2 my size lift way heavier, don't let your ego dictate your workout, if you want that look, bodybuilding is about hypertrophy.

it becomes a lifestyle, eating, resting, preparing quality food so your can eat healthy every day at any hour... forget about supplements until your newbie gains start to calm down (12-18 months).

• Like 1

Fuck it I'll get implants

• Like 6

just start doing 50 pushups 50 situps and ten min of skipping in the morning when you get up then have some protein for breaky eggs are great with some tuna it will seem like a bitch the first few weeks but it will pass then when its warm enough hit the pool and do laps. vital greens is awesome it has so much goodness in it creatine is another must have i am naturally big so i put on heaps of mass when i train i am a landscaper as well so i get enough exercise. its also good to get a protein powder i use mussusi its low in fat its great tasting a lot of the others are full of fat so always read the label if you can keep to a routine you will be bulking in a couple of months just remember pain is weakness leaving your body push yourself instead of watching tv on the couch incorporate weights into it just a couple of ten kilo dumbells is a great start you can pick them up cheaply from cash converters

you could try this one:

wake up early

salute the sun a few times to get your zen on

strong as fuck coffee

exercise bike from cruise to flat out over 10-15minutes till the endorphines and caffeine combine to turn you into some sort of crazed push-up/crunch doing animal

50 push-ups

50 crunches

repeat these 3 times (150 each)-work up to that over first two weeks

lots of oaty muesli for breaky

6 bananas for smoko or lunch

6 more thu rest of the day

eat whatever else you want all day

squeeze in some surfing, bodyboarding, swimming or yoga whenever possible

chin-ups till you cry before bed

in no time you will be a "god damn sexual tyranosaurus just like me"

Fuck it I'll get implants

I'd love to see you as a 36DD, you'd be hot ;)

• Like 1

in no time you will be a "god damn sexual tyranosaurus just like me"

What, no good with your hands?

must... get.. mind... out... of... gutter....

Boom boom chhh ;)

chickawawah!!

edit: should also mention that I did this for about 3 months once and since then have only managed to do it for about 1 day every 2-3 months or so.......i spend about a week telling myself im going to start the next day and then do it once and then cant be fucked for ages but yeh still a god damn sexual tyranosaurus

no good with my hands but have really big feet :wink:

Edited by eatingsand

50 reps is too many for training to look like the people in avengers etc. its more conditioning/endurance than muscle building.

more like 4 sets of 8-12 for pushups, 5 sets of 5 chinups. hindu squats are great. maybe a kettlebel would make things easier for simple at home exercises (if your not upto joining a gym).

but really, pushups are not that effective beyond some muscle tone, to build you will need heavier and start employing other techniques.

for now anything is better than nothing, but in a month or two you should be ready to take it up another level.

ps checkout Steve Maxwell, he's an old dude in great shape and gives good advice, and instructionals.

• Like 1

don't you need to do those 300 work outs to be like the movie stars? i thought thats what they're all doing these days:

low reps, heavy weights, keep increasing weights and push the end of each set to failure (and get a spot to push out one or two more)

more protein than you strictly need in a bioavailable form (whey/casein is good)

caffeine before workout, orange mid session, protein shake immediately after, then keep feeding muscles every few hours and get good sleep and rest

work something like chest/triceps one day, back/biceps the next, legs/shoulders the next do that twice a week and one day off

choose exercises that will hit your target body parts three or four times each session

do multi-joint exercises: dips, bench press, squats etc.

if you bulk up easily, string your workouts together with aerobic stuff to keep cut: bridges/planks or jumping squats etc between sets

or if you tend to be lean and hard gainer, throw in some classic strong man exercises to keep the testosterone flowing and bulk up quicker

you have to work hard in every session, have well-timed, properly balanced nutrition and lots of solid rest

following a similar regime I put on 10kg of muscle in 6 months a couple of years back, and I am something of a hard gainer

oh and get a goal in mind: Blane or something. look at lots of photos and imagine yourself getting like that, also keep records of workouts and take photos to monitor your progress

*edit Your reps should be explosive and as fast as p[ossible (while still controlled) on the positive part of the rep, and slower on the negative rep.

Edited by chilli
  • Like 1

so you people believe, one can turn an indurance muscle person into a weight lifter? i don't think so.

i don't think andy schleck or cadel evans could be turned into bodybuilders without heavy steroid use.

who needs a smelly gym, if one can ride a cycle in nature, and clean up the house to get a total workout?

• Like 2

indeed you can, but you can't turn them into a weight lifter if they are training like an endurance athlete.

its the way the body adapts to different stimulus. fantastic machine we live in.

indeed you can, but you can't turn them into a weight lifter if they are training like an endurance athlete.

its the way the body adapts to different stimulus. fantastic machine we live in.

so a natural endurance muscle body, can be a good weight lifter? maybe but it's still against the natural body, some people are endurance and some are weight lifters, becoming the other one, is very difficult.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

What do you mean by weight lifter? Training for strength, size or endurance all involve lifting weights. Some people's bodies are better suited to one kind or another, depending on ratio fo short twicth muscle fibers, but anyone can bulk up lifting weights the same way anyone can build endurance usuing weights. Different goals will be easier for different body types, but that doesn't mean they can't do something different.

Edited by chilli
  • Like 2