The Corroboree
niggles

Poll: Whos a vegetarian?

POLL: Who's a vegetarian?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have been, wish I still could but my iron and b12 levels shot to the shit. For six months I was total vego - purely for ethical and weight loss reasons and then I incorporated fish into my diet for the second six months. I ate my first piece of meat just under a year before I quit it on Dec 22 2011.

Im trying to just eat occasional chicken and perhaps freerange lamb, not beef or pigs because they seem to sentient.

• Like 1

I've been trying to incorporate larger amounts of vegetables into my diet. Given an option between a meal with meat in it and it's vegetarian or vegan equivilant i'll choose the vege option.

Hence why i'm finally growing my own veges. I don't think i'll ever stop eating meat. My folks have a few acres which we raise some cattle on and eventually have them killed and stuck in the freezer. While it's still meat, it's somewhat a healthier alternative than supermarket meat.

It's just a matter or me finding some good recipies to stick to.

i'ma level 5 vegan

i also pocket mulch

26 or 27 years with no pig, cow, sheep, chicken, croc' 'roo, etc...,.....BUT.... I occasionally have extreme cravings for a piece of fish ( like every 3-4 months), so i scab a small portion that i have served my family, but then i have extreme feelings off guilt and feel sick for a few hours. I think my body calls out for what it is lacking?. If i have omega 3 and 6 in the form of flaxseed oil, i find it gives me vertigo ( i know i can get omegas from other sources but in small amounts(?)). So I voted 'yes, vegetarian' and was going to vote 'i eat fish' also, but its rarely, so i voted veg'. I eat dairy. Love cheese. I occasionally eat eggs, but really want to give them up. Did you know an egg is a chooks period.?

Did you know an egg is a chooks period.?

You sure have a way with words, Amaz.

• Like 1

Seems like a good thread to raise a long-held point of confusion. For the people who take the cruelty & exploitation of animals into account, I'm surprised to have spoken to several vegans who think that honey is acceptable within their ethical guidelines.

HI Marcel !

Lol @ chicken period, I said that to my ag teacher back when I was in year 8 and he shot me down so so hard. He had a explanation behind why it wasn't a period but I've forgotten, he can screw himself though all I know is unfertilised egg = rags haha

And to keep this post on topic, I love chicken to much to give up meat, I don't eat much lamb pork or steak because I don't like the taste.

Love meat, always make sure it's ethical if I buy it myself. If it's already dead and infront of me, I'll eat anything. I call myself an ethical meat eater. I have no problem eating an animal aslong as it has lived a happy, cruelty free life before it was killed. You may say why? Wat does it matter? But it's only in death that we realize just how important it is for that animal to have had a happy content life.

• Like 2

abandoned

Edited by dworx

"god"

abandoned

Edited by dworx

i say "god" because i dont believe in "god" and i dont agree with people saying things about "god" in a way that suggests that the existence of "god" is 100% true and everyone knows this and it's commonly accepted as true...

so it was my attempt at correcting your statement in a way i feel is more accurate.

god is an ugly word

When God said "thou shalt not kill" did he say that about just other people or was it a general statement???

Edited for TYPO :)

I don't believe in GOD, well atleast not that god. Not saying non existence, just I hold no weight in those words. Hell, every human knows wats right and wrong. It's internal, we don't need to be told that killing is bad. I also know internally that I eat meat, humans are at the very least insectivorous. From a "science" stand point.

• Like 2

abandoned

Edited by dworx

"When God said"

whether you believe in "god" or not, the words above imply a statement of fact

abandoned

Edited by dworx

I became vegetarian 10 years ago because I decided not to eat any more meat until I had killed the animal myself.. I never got around to it.

In our culture it isn't necessary for an animal to die for me to eat healthily so I don't see myself doing it unless it becomes necessary.

That said, I might go fishing with my nephew soon when he gets out of jail, just so I can man the fuck up.

• Like 3

I live for tbone steaks

• Like 1

I eat meat, I would be a lot happier to pay a lot more for genuinely cruelty-free meat.

Did you know an egg is a chooks period.?

But hot damn what tasty periods :)

• Like 1

Mmmm runny eggs for brekkie

• Like 1

I love my red meat way too much to even consider giving it up.

And chicken, I love that too.

Also fish, mmm.

Pork too, porky goodness.

I became vegetarian 10 years ago because I decided not to eat any more meat until I had killed the animal myself.. I never got around to it.

In our culture it isn't necessary for an animal to die for me to eat healthily so I don't see myself doing it unless it becomes necessary.

That said, I might go fishing with my nephew soon when he gets out of jail, just so I can man the fuck up.

I agree, Im suspicious of produce from stores, particularly meat.. I'd much rather produce food myself. I'd happily eat meat or eggs that were grown under my own care.

It seems hard to meet my food standards, busy life often gets in the way of what I'd like to be doing.

I have been killing animals since I was 4 I think. Not for cruelty, infact the opposite. To feed carnivors under rehabilitation. I was always taught to do it with respect for the animal. Quickly and painlessly or not at all. Hunting rabbits from ike 10 and eaten many, the rest were fed to carnivors. cats and foxes to save our native animals, rats to save my plants, a .22 with rat shot and a torche strapped to the gun works wonders :wink: If they r in the torche beam, they are also within the pellet spread. I've gutted more animals of more species than I'd care to think, lab bred rats smell the worst. I went for the longest period where I only ate fish I caught myself, but now stick to locally line caught sustainable species. free range chicken, freerange eggs, free range bacon, lamb and beef. But I am living in an area rich with this produce, infact I don't eat lamb, but have just been given a frezer full of free range lamb, so guess I am eating lamb for this month. Can't let a life perish for nothing.

• Like 6