The Corroboree
niggles

Poll: Whos a vegetarian?

POLL: Who's a vegetarian?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

fancypants, as humans there is more than one we we can create life. for every piece of meat, sew 2 seeds or colonize 2 agar dishes or something. would certainly be a better world if everyone did that, far less damaging than the amount of babies your way could cause lol

I have been a vegetarian for about 3 years now I don't eat any animal at all but I do drink milk and eat cheese.

The reason for me being a vegetarian is simple I don't like how animals are treated before and after death or how they are killed If i ever was going to eat an animal it would have had to die of natural causes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Jabez.

Btw I said vegan's get deficient in stuff not vegetarians. I've seen dietician's for many years, just so you know I'm not making it up.

Yeah fairy, I never said any different.

btw, your the one who cries like a little bitch because I make a comment about being a man and then tell me I'm the one with daddy issues. lol.

Edited by jabez

you have a point.

but considering this - http://en.wikipedia....ous_populations

it seems that the most common view of god is that of a singular masculine entity, and also with god there is also goddess which is the female equivalent, do you see my point?

I see your point, but it seems to be in conflict with your previous points. You are challenging social norms by relying on what is normal. If your going to hate a god, hate a god. Dont hate on anyone who believes in a god as the varience is massive (as per your link). I personaly do not believe in a god and aknowledge that religion has been a negative force for many throughout history, but still respect the rights of any individual to believe, practice and talk about any god, religion or practice anywhere, anytime without persecution.

Back on topic, i eat meat, but im trying to reduce my intake because i think im eating too much (as most of probs do). Need to throw more fresh uncooked plant matter into my diet.

Wtf has 'god' got to do with vegies?

I am a vegetarian for spiritual reasons more than anything. I do care about the animals too though. In the Hindu religion, meat is considered as being in the mode of ignorance . If you were to offer the 'god' (Krsna) deity food, it should be in the form of fruit, vegetables, herbs, grains, nuts, etc.. but no dead animals.

:)

• Like 1

I see your point, but it seems to be in conflict with your previous points. You are challenging social norms by relying on what is normal. If your going to hate a god, hate a god. Dont hate on anyone who believes in a god as the varience is massive (as per your link). I personaly do not believe in a god and aknowledge that religion has been a negative force for many throughout history, but still respect the rights of any individual to believe, practice and talk about any god, religion or practice anywhere, anytime without persecution.

Back on topic, i eat meat, but im trying to reduce my intake because i think im eating too much (as most of probs do). Need to throw more fresh uncooked plant matter into my diet.

am i wrong in thinking that when someone says "When God said "thou shalt not kill" did he say that about just other people or was it a general statement???" they are talking about the "god" that is written in the bible?

my argument might not be perfect, but i feel that the point i am trying to make is significant... i am not hating on people for their beliefs, not that dworx even believes in god... i am trying to raise awareness about social norms and hyper-reality, and why i think it is bad to perpetuate those things.

• Like 1

Jabez, I'm a girl, therefore I am a little bitch, silly boy.

• Like 2

am i wrong in thinking that when someone says "When God said "thou shalt not kill" did he say that about just other people or was it a general statement???" they are talking about the "god" that is written in the bible?

my argument might not be perfect, but i feel that the point i am trying to make is significant... i am not hating on people for their beliefs, not that dworx even believes in god... i am trying to raise awareness about social norms and hyper-reality, and why i think it is bad to perpetuate those things.

fair enough, i still dont feel your objection was warrented. quoting something as old and boring as the bible shouldnt be a contraversial issue.

when will people realise i am a passionate douchebag?

love you

• Like 2

You have the passion, thats for sure :P

good on you chnt. You are one of sanest people on this thread.

God bless

chnt - sane man

KILL YOURSELF! YOU ARE THE SPAWN OF SATAN, KILL YOURSELF!

abandoned

Edited by dworx
  • Like 1

i am not suggesting that there is nothing out there... i am saying that any single belief ie christianity/catholicism, is most likely incorrect, because there are infinite possibilities, and none of them can be proven or disproved.

having personal beliefs is a good thing, i encourage it, "think for yourself, question authority" as tim leary would say, believing what millions of others believe i discourage, and trying to force a certain set of beliefs onto others through social conditioning, fear and other means i think is wrong.

do you get what i am saying? i think that you may have misinterpreted that last paragraph because i agree with you there, i am not at all including personal beliefs into what i am talking about, but only collective belief systems like christianity and all that jazz.

In the Bible, YHWH gives the animals for food and requires that they be sacrificed to please him. "Thou shalt not kill" actually means "thou shalt not murder," and refers not to the killing of other animals but only humans and especially those of the Hebrew tribes (it was ok to kill people from other tribes).

abandoned

Edited by dworx

doh!!

Edited by dworx

abandoned

Edited by dworx
  • Like 1

In the Bible, YHWH gives the animals for food and requires that they be sacrificed to please him. "Thou shalt not kill" actually means "thou shalt not murder," and refers not to the killing of other animals but only humans and especially those of the Hebrew tribes (it was ok to kill people from other tribes).

Yeah but child sacrifice was endorsed in exodus so it all depends on which part of the bible you read, even Abraham was up for wacking his son to appease the almighty.

The Hebrew bible even had a place called Tophet where they whacked their own kids which roughly translates to "Roasting place" so maybe they were up for a good barbie

I once found the bible somewhat interesting. I no longer hold that opinion. I was reading some stuffs the other day about the origins of the gospels. All evidence says that not one person who knew JC has a single piece of writing in the bible as we know it.

abandoned

Edited by dworx

I once found the bible somewhat interesting. I no longer hold that opinion. I was reading some stuffs the other day about the origins of the gospels. All evidence says that not one person who knew JC has a single piece of writing in the bible as we know it.

i'm not sure about other religions, but thats true at least about buddhist scriptures. considering it was an oral tradition until some 500 years after the death of the Buddha. you might find that many religious texts have experienced changes throughout the centuries, especially taking into account translations into english, texts you or i might read today would be quite different to the originals, even to the point of misinterpretation. imo that doesn't necessarily invalidate their original intention. i think with the bible, unfortunately, it has bee corrupted by an establishment which has sought to use it as a means of subversion and control of populations.

edit: as what dworx originally said.

Edited by qualia
  • Like 2