The Corroboree
Foo

Just found a FULL PIGEON FEATHER in my STAKE SANDWICH at my local

What government body do i complain to? ...

I got my refund, but the manger seemed to acuse me of planting it ...

Cows dont have feathers right?

stuff that id be pissed!!!!

What government body do i complain to? ...

I got my refund, but the manger seemed to acuse me of planting it ...

Cows dont have feathers right?

Health Regulation Authority.

and....not yet,but maybe soon :wink:

Ew, ew and triple ew. Wtf indeed!

:lol:

What a thread! Get any photos?

Sounds like a nice lovely place to eat. :) I´d be all over the press with that story and before they know, they are happy to pay some shutup-money.

Reminds me of a Chinese Restaurant here that got busted serving cat meat in stir-fry's...feral ally cats!

:puke:

I once had a piece of real chicken in a pack of chicken twisties when I was a kid!

I'd go the Healthy's for sure,they'll be there pronto believe me,we had to call them on a customer of ours who was defrosting chickens on the tiles in the back toilet area of a cafe'....this goes on more than you would like to know.

was that in perth? where bouts so i never eat there

Not Perth.

Yuck!

I once found a metal staple in a red rooster chicken roll. They offered me another chicken roll to which I said "fuck no! gimme my money back". Probably shouldve taken that further. Makes you wonder how far you'd get when its your word against theirs.

It might have been provided as a complimentary toothpick.

Better than deforesting the amazon for wooden ones :)

I'm pretty sure toothpicks are plantation pine.

^^ me too, but I worded it for dramatic effect !

M____ W <[email protected]> Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:52 PM

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Cc: J_____ D______ <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected]

As per the information I obtained from the WA Health website (http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/3/728/2/food_complaints.pm) I would like to make a complaint about the food served to me at the Woodbridge Hotel in Guildford WA, which to my knowledge is within the City of Swan.

At approximatly 6:45pm, I was dining at the hotel with my partner and a friend when i discovered what I (and the manager of the Woodbridge Hotel) described as a pigeon feather in my stake sandwich. The feather ran the leangth of the half that I was eating and was covered in sauce. Both my partner and the other lady at the table saw me remove the the feather from the sandwich. CCTV footage reviewed by the manager also confirms this. I was refunded my money for the meal but the manager was reluctent to believe me and seemed to insunate that I planted the feather or that I left my food unattended, neither of which are the case. While an apology was eventullay offered by the manager, I feel that this is an issue of public health, Pigeons to my knowledge are offten reffered to as rats of the sky and for good reason. I would like to be notified of any and all outcomes of my complaint and to be included in any relevent corespondance.

As no email is provided on the Woodbridge Hotel website (http://www.woodbridgehotel.com.au/) I will include a copy of my corresendance by mail on Tuesday when I have access to a printer.

Your prompt reply in relation to this matter would be much appreciated,

-M___ W________

Nice one!

Please keep us updated.

I hope you get a positive result.

oops, was a bit drunkorz when i wrote that.

Pro tip: Spell check!

Hahaha, this is fascinating. And gross. Definitely update.

man they probably had no problem charging you 20 bucks for a cheap ass burger so fuck em, your well within your rights to get a nice clean burger thats too be expected as a pure minimum.

as much as i detest facebook doesnt mean its not appropriate to use for others, start a name and shame facebook page for food issues and start it with the hotel.

you could have choked, had an allergic reaction or at the very least eaten germs and shit, so screw them and their defense that you put the feather in, you didnt...you have the basic human right to clean food especially if your paying top dollar for it.

its a matter of principle, not money but you do need to be compensated financially for this at the very least. dont let this rest. its human nature to do so and these food places bank on that or a refund to satisy 99% of people, the other 1% that dont go away are the ones that can cause great distress to the business in many ways and they will pay to get rid of you.

this is not an excuse for poor sad nothings of the world to cause havok to a burger place more an incentive for you eatfoo not to let this rest, how the fuck did a pigeon feather get in your burger, how many other people has this happened to and will it happen again are the least you can ask for and reasonable compensation too for your psychological pain, seriously will you ever eat a pub burger again...again thats the least they have done to you.

it may cost you $200 to get proper legal advice but certainly that is a good path to go down, i dont believe in litigation but i do believe the manager of this place has a case to answer for by accusing you of planting the feather, thats a big no no.

also i would do some covert pigeon watching and photo snapping around the area, if you get seen it will look pretty suss though on your behalf but some kind of backup eveidence never goes astray.

also karl langdon and paul murray from the morning show 882 6pr are extremely well respected journo's and foodies of the perth area and certainly are contactable via email very easily if you wish to take it to a public forum.

Edited by santiago

lol santiago...i think you might be taking this a bit far. i mean i get your point about letting things slide but like...it's just a feather. now if you contract bird flu you should be all over it :wink:

I think im going to see what kind of results i get before i go on a hard core name and shame campain. But your right a pigeon feather can make someone very sick, those bastards are diseased.

im never eatin at the woody again fuck that!!

post-5986-0-17381500-1307242079_thumb.jpmaybe your right frank....eatfoo might be onto something big if he doesnt sue.

post-5986-0-17381500-1307242079_thumb.jpg

post-5986-0-17381500-1307242079_thumb.jpg

why did they put a picture of an albatross on that poster?

same same but differnt?

well, it is from a website called "mix the message", so...