The Corroboree
dworx

Whats in a name?

Great thread...

Mine comes from a drunken buffoon of a friend using my name along with a Simpsons sketch.. The one where Homer calls Lisas saxaphone Sax-a-mo-phone to the tune of Beethovens 5th... Dont know why he didnt call me Sethomophone but he would greet me with Seth-o-mo-pod! complete with the 5th symphony tune... It just stuck... And just like eatfoo, I never have problems using it as usernames...

• Like 1

Hey seth =] havnt seen you round here (online) in ages! you know thats actually what pops into my head every time I see your username - I love the simpsons :lol:

poisonshroom comes from when I signed up at the shroomery. gallery_6534_415_600.jpg

B)

I had a different name on the shroomery, an odd variation on my real name, and a friend of mine asked me one day, apropos of nothing: "Are you posting on the shroomery? I read a thread and the few details given seem to point to you!". Needless to say, I removed a lot of my posts and no longer go there so much... :BANGHEAD2:

Life is a distraction, to live and experience is to be distracted. Our current subjective reality at least.

To me life is just a series of stepping stones, small ones in between big ones and you take big steps and small steps, you just have to keep getting distracted and only look on the ground where you're stepping. IMO it's biologically unpractical to look at the bigger picture, you have to remain distracted. Funnily enough you can see the bigger picture by studying the smaller distractions anyway, they're all just fractals afterall.

I guess that's the bigger picture of what my name means, but if you look at the smaller picture you'll see i'm an extremely curious young man with an unsatiable appetite for knowledge. I'm constantly jumping from one thing to the next never finishing anything as really nothing ever finishes anyway if you think hard about it... it just changes.

Sorry i'm really tired and just rambling crap. Well not crap but i'm certainly not being as eloquent about it as i'd like to be.

I had a different name on the shroomery, an odd variation on my real name, and a friend of mine asked me one day, apropos of nothing: "Are you posting on the shroomery? I read a thread and the few details given seem to point to you!". Needless to say, I removed a lot of my posts and no longer go there so much... :BANGHEAD2:

yeah that would suck.

telkjon, which series of star wars books or whatever did that occur in?

No exciting story for mine. It's just a song that I like from the band Muse

Mine's just a play on words. I had the term Halcyon days in my head after hearing it a couple times. Which I understand to mean something along the lines of 'the time of childlike innocence' anyway, just as I was typing it in to SAB the play on words just popped into my head, right in the nick of time. I thought how fitting for such a forum.

I searched it for a pic and found some weird band from the seventies. I can just imagine what their music might sound like -tripped out stoner rock LOL- maybe I should give 'em a chance...

I chose mine because I like cherry pies and coffee as black as midnight on a moonless night...and hot!

I chose mine because I like cherry pies and coffee as black as midnight on a moonless night...and hot!

I love Special Agent Dale Cooper.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to watch the second season.. Hope it's as good.

His name was Phil?

Why do you say that? :)

I had a fascination with hinduism and the Vedas a few years ago, particularly the Eternal Mother Goddess Kali, or Kalika.

post-6519-0-39319000-1305929317_thumb.jp

Kali is considered the creator and destroyer of worlds, and I feel is therefore particularly relevant to the current global predicament where the dawn of new age or world of enlightenment and return to the feminine is eminent.

In hindsight, I would have chosen a more light hearted name such as YipYip, in reverence to the sesame st aliens that haunted my childhood :)

post-6519-0-39319000-1305929317_thumb.jpg

post-6519-0-39319000-1305929317_thumb.jpg

Why do you say that? :)

Well, Philby was the only person I've met who had that aging disease, and he was also a sparky. I figure there can't be too many of them about. He was a top bloke, don't know if he's still alive, used to go raving with him in 2000-2001. So was it the same person?

Well, Philby was the only person I've met who had that aging disease, and he was also a sparky. I figure there can't be too many of them about. He was a top bloke, don't know if he's still alive, used to go raving with him in 2000-2001. So was it the same person?

No sorry mate this guy was a little black guy named Edsel, he was big on the bible, which I guess helped him, but he was so straight because of his christian beliefs wouldn't smoke a cone with us,wouldn't try our gear. He was accepting of us using though and an all round nice guy he was only about 19 when I met him ans he was already turning grey. We had many debates on religion and he just listened to my side, my thoughts and even though somethings he knew i was right about he just stuck to his faith. It is a weird disease hey?

i dont want my boss nor my ex to know what activitys im attracted to ;)

well proide evidence to them of such anyhoo!

i dont want my boss nor my ex to know what activitys im attracted to ;)

well proide evidence to them of such anyhoo!

LOL, incog you sound just like me! That's always a part of our nicks - a bit of anonymity,lol. :)

No sorry mate this guy was a little black guy named Edsel, he was big on the bible, which I guess helped him, but he was so straight because of his christian beliefs wouldn't smoke a cone with us,wouldn't try our gear. He was accepting of us using though and an all round nice guy he was only about 19 when I met him ans he was already turning grey. We had many debates on religion and he just listened to my side, my thoughts and even though somethings he knew i was right about he just stuck to his faith. It is a weird disease hey?

Ok cool, yeah it is a weird disease, I wonder what % of people have it.

Syz, if you read this, is Phil still with us?

I've always been Khala~~~~, I change the suffix dependant on the board theme. I couldn't think of a suitable one here so it was just the prefix. :)

I browsed the forum for quite sometime before i joined and im a very reclusive person, which means i was slow to find and join this forum like a snail(slow) and being reclusive it takes alot to get me out of my shell, so when i registered my mind was blank for a user name, luckily enough i have fishtanks full of mystery snails(applesnails)as i breed tropical fish for a hobbie, so being surrounded by my tanks full of fish & snails, helped me overcome my mental block of choosing a username.

I think now john does alias, would of been more appropriate, for the purpose of anonymity..

Anonymity:-

1. The quality or state of being unknown or unacknowledged.

2. One that is unknown or unacknowledged.

I browsed the forum for quite sometime before i joined and im a very reclusive person, which means i was slow to find and join this forum like a snail(slow) and being reclusive it takes alot to get me out of my shell, so when i registered my mind was blank for a user name, luckily enough i have fishtanks full of mystery snails(applesnails)as i breed tropical fish for a hobbie, so being surrounded by my tanks full of fish & snails, helped me overcome my mental block of choosing a username.

I think now john does alias, would of been more appropriate, for the purpose of anonymity..

Anonymity:-

1. The quality or state of being unknown or unacknowledged.

2. One that is unknown or unacknowledged.

i used to be pretty reclusive, though not so much anymore, i wish you all the best

My current username is pretty self explanatory tongue.gif.

Other than that my username would usually be OpticalLight.

"Optical light is only a small part of the much more expansive electromagnetic spectrum that includes everything from so-called gamma rays at the shortest wavelengths to radio waves at the longest wavelengths."

1. I chose that name because it reminds me that what we humans can visually perceive is only a small part of what is out there, kinda mysterious.

2. When I was a wee one I went to a Sesame Street concert and all the other little kiddies had hand held optical light torches which I thought were just purdy.

3. Reminds me of old school optical fibre internet, and as this is an internet forum it seemed fitting.

4. I was lurking back when Darklight was modding and posting a lot and I thought her name was rad.

• Like 2

My username is simply the word symbiote with an -ate suffix (which means "the act of"). So symbiate means the act of living in symbiosis.

Symbiate, that's very nice. I'm using that. Respect.

Well mine is not as deep as some you who have chosen meaningful and cool names. I always thought that ThunderIdeal was a cool name.

Mine is merely a nickname that I received from a lovely old Italian lady whose accent altered the sound of my name. She said:

"Oh Quill, sucha gooda boy."

I am now greeted with this name being yelled at me while they wildly geticulate