The Corroboree
dworx

Whats in a name?

I always thought that ThunderIdeal was a cool name.

really?

hooray for me B)

i can't figure out what name would be mispronounced by italians as quill.

Now that I think about it it was probably guill as in guillermo

standin' at the crossroad

Interesting read, thanks people, I didn't think too many would reply but thanx to all that did or do in the future.:)

Other than that my username would usually be OpticalLight.

Oh is that who you morphed into, I was wondering how you were. Glad you're still here!

4. I was lurking back when Darklight was modding and posting a lot and I thought her name was rad.

Wow,I thought your old name was pretty cool, but your new one is good too

Dunno if I've posted this before, but my name came about when T was starting up the forums I was going out with a couple of seriously wanky pagans. I thought the forum would last ten minutes before going up in flames, so I invented something to do with my environment and was pleased to realise it also sounded kinda like something you'd fluoresce a tab with. Or this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_light_%28vision%29

In other words I went off on a tangent in my head and you all got stuck with the results, sorry. If I'd had my brain on forwards I'd have taken time for something simpler

Very pleased the forum is still here tho, I don't often mind being wrong :)

• Like 1

glad your still around. xo :wub:

In 2002 i went to go to The USA to join my girlfriend i was with at the time . Apparently she had overstayed her visa , and I was denied entry because they had me listed as possible visa over-stayer as-well...I was interrogated for 5 hours straight ( maybe i look moslem because of my mono brow idk lol ) and locked in a cell without any shoe laces in-case i decide to hang myself for 17 hours until i was put on the next plane home... They stripped searched me and went through everything , asking stupid fucking questions about links to gangs, hinting at terrorism links (this was post 911 false flag)

In my wallet they found a scrap of paper with my nickname blownG i used for ''Adult Friend Finder'' website... (come on i was lonely , my girlfriend been overseas for 6 months :P )

Fuckin retarded immigration / Nazi officer thought maybe it was code for bomb blowing up, fuck knows, but i was so over the insinuations and knew i had been put on some sort of terror watch list ... So out of spite i have adopted the nickname blowng for ever, for everything hahaha :uzi: ... any way that's my story thanks for reading :P

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 2

:lol:

That's pretty funny blownG. Pretty fucked up what happened to you, but a good story to tell.

hahaha great story blownG. fucked as it is, as an old man telling people stories about your life but like tripsis said i doubt for one second you'll regret that experience.

just a hundredth of a hundreth of a percent of what happened to you, but last year i was held up by san franscisco customs for about 2 hours after they found a list of all the best places to buy drugs in the area that i'd printed out and highlighted from the website webehigh.com in my travel bag. as for the bulberator i also had in my bag? oh -- that's a cream charger. but the print out. hmmm... they were non too pleased!

had to sit and wait in the customs interrogation room for about an hour. sterile, unfriendly rooms with cold steel seats. finally talked my way out of it, though having to explain why i had a visa to burma on my passport most certainly didn't aid the process! eventually i told them what they needed to hear in a hearfelt tone of voice and they eventually let me go. and they even gave me my printout back!

deep down i was 99% confident they'd let me into the country, but blownG, even though deep down you also probably had faith that it'd all be sorted eventually, you must've still been shitting yourself :P

That's bloody gold faustus! Did that printout come in handy in the end?

... So out of spite i have adopted the nickname blowng for ever, for everything hahaha ...

wow that's an amazing story. though you still didn't answer the question. i'm guessing blown glass?

my name is that which i give to those annoying hospitality workers who ask your name when you order (eg at boost juice and lord of the fries) so they can yell it out when your order is ready.

since i don't like strangers knowing my name, and my real name is one that sounds like a more common name (so people always get it wrong, even people i've known my entire life) i decided to use a false name one day, and frank was the most boring, normal sounding name i could think of at the time. it was also one that was guaranteed to not be read out incorrectly. (another annoying thing is nobody seems able to pronounce my real name when they see it written. it's phonetic people!! stupid high school principle...)

finally i decided that i like being blunt with people, and frank is a synonym for that. also unlike some i quite enjoy muffins (though cupcakes are better) and blunts, as i recently discovered. they're also much easier to roll than i expected, and i mean i can't even roll a cigarette ffs.

"frankly my dear, i don't give a damn"

some people..... some people like cupcakes exclusively while myself, i say there is naught, nor ought there be, nothing so axalted on the face of god's grey earth as that prince of foods:

the mufffin!!

• Like 2

*****bump*****

I didn't see anywhere there where you explained how you come up with dworx, dworx?

I'm interested......only thing I found on google was a graphic designer companytongue.gif I thought it could have been a ancient god or something...you just never know till ya google it..

Its in the thread Hutch whats ur meaning etc?

Its in the thread Hutch whats ur meaning etc?

I sped read right over the top of yours sorry...I wish I could give some awesome explanation of hutch and why it is but its just a part of my name.

Been called hutch since the early 60's...

Some of these are real interesting and I would never have guessed the origin.... speaking of which, go the mighty maroons....

yeah fair enough mate, maybe we can find you a new nick, lol

yeah fair enough mate, maybe we can find you a new nick, lol

maybe i need onetongue.gif

I thought it was time for a change.. I was bogfrog. But I have changed so much. Inner change must be reflected with outer changer.

I have evolved into.. Ceres.

Goddess of agriculture and abundance.

Ceres was the goddess of the harvest and was credited with teaching humans how to grow, preserve, and prepare grain and corn. She was thought to be responsible for the fertility of the land.

Coincidentally pumpkins were sacred to Ceres ;)

"Ceres' name may derive from the hypothetical Proto-Indo-European root *ker, meaning "to grow", which is also a possible root for many English words, such as "create", "cereal", "grow", "kernel", "corn", and "increase". Roman etymologists thought "ceres" derived from the Latin verb gerere, "to bear, bring forth, produce"."

• Like 4

,,,sry

Edited by whoami
  • Like 2

I was a bit under the influence when i signed up to this forum and was trying to think of a cool username but couldn't think of anything, so i decided on coolname

• Like 1

Lol, i guessed that :P

at the time of signing up i had been thinking a lot how reality can probably be best understood as paradox. the way all logical dissection of thought inevitably leads to an infinite regression into paradoxical nonsense. at the time it seemed like the truest way to express the way i thought about reality itself & so it seemed appropriate to use that as an identity.

now it just sounds corny & obvious to me, like a very cheesy 'cool name'

Duplicate Post

see next post please!?!

post-11432-0-15604500-1377455016_thumb.j

post-11432-0-15604500-1377455016_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-15604500-1377455016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spine Collector

I collect spines :P

really its cause right about the time I was making this name

I got a hold of one of those 'Peruvianus" cv Bigfoot, which is a really odd super spiny

looking thing... used to have it as my avatar

and well.... I just totally dig a really spiny cactus

post-11432-0-96107200-1377455163_thumb.j

post-11432-0-96107200-1377455163_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-96107200-1377455163_thumb.jpg