The Corroboree
Heffa

Wattle We Ban Next?

I love the "For Nature's Sake" part. :)

Seeing as many Australian acacias are used for timber, I wonder if many logging/ furniture companies are aware of the proposed changes?

Surely they would be affected and inclined to speak up?

Most acacia species are used for valuable timber; such are ''Acacia melanoxylon'' (Blackwood) from Australia, which attains a great size; its wood is used for furniture, and takes a high polish; and ''Acacia omalophylla'' ('Myall Wood', also Australian), which yields a fragrant timber, used for ornamental purposes. ''Acacia seyal'' is thought to be the Shittah-tree of the Bible, which supplied shittim-wood. According to the Book of Exodus, this was used in the construction of theArk of the Covenant. ''Acacia koa'' from the Hawaiian Islands and ''Acacia heterophylla'' from Réunion island are both excellent timber trees.

source

Edited by fydesvindico

Amazonian.

I'd think about putting www.gardenfreedom.com at the end.

Thanks . Agreed and done.

I know the flyer is not much , but it is something. At the end of the day, win or lose, i will feel that at least, i tried.

Printing off, on Flouro green, should stand out. I will print as many as my printer allows and start spreading them around. Dumping from a hot air balloon is out of the question, since i am against littering.:lol:

Dumping from a hot air balloon is out of the question, since i am against littering

It would be offset by the joy of being in a hot air balloon, plus the fact that the flyers are biodegradable (paper plus soy inks, of course)! :P

Here's a VERY INTERESTING GetUp! post:

Just to let everyone know "Greg" works for aussie government as do I, I do not support this move but kind of have to go along with it anyway.

"Greg" is being paid to stop everyone here getting angry. I kind of feel disgusted I watched people type up that tripe being served on aussie people. You guys have no idea how bad it is going to get.

p.s hi "greg", I find you disgusting. Won't guess who I am, please stop boasting all the time we all think your gross. Run to the boss and say someone is rubbishing you creep.

It explains a lot of what has been said by "Greg" over the last few days...

It also shows that there is a government effort to mislead the public on this.

We need to step up the heat, people.

Anyone tried contacting triple j's HACK team? They always seem to have a non-biased debate on current matters, at least it would be getting the word out!?

• Like 2

What a douche this guys comes across as.

Here's a VERY INTERESTING GetUp! post:

It explains a lot of what has been said by "Greg" over the last few days...

It also shows that there is a government effort to mislead the public on this.

We need to step up the heat, people.

so it was here i read about the pamphlet....

yea so, if you've finished it post it up and i'll print off some copies and distribute it at uni....

Hey qualia. I had a draft of a flyer on the previous page. I am trying to load the flyer up here. I composed it in Microsoft word, so I don't know if it will work.

PLANTS ARE BEING BLACK LISTED..doc

Edit to try to get text central.

Edited by Amazonian

Hey Amazonian,

The wording of the flyer is nice and succinct. I've made an sample flyer from you wording. If anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to work on it more. I used an image from the gallery, I think it was Yeti's.post-1298-0-64156700-1297825324_thumb.jp

flyer.jpg

flyer.jpg

Perhaps giving the direct link to the "Email The Minister From Our Website" page on the Garden Freedom website would be a good idea, so that people can make easy and fast submissions.

• Like 1

Very fancy ballzac, much more eye-catching than a plain old piece of A4. I added the same tear off strips to the bottom of mine too, but had to glue it on as an added piece as I can't figure out formatting properly.

For me , text only is easier, I can print off more without a picture (making the ink go further) , but as I stated in an earlier post, I am sure some people have access to printers at work or school and can print off the more fancy version. If all active members here, print off at least 1 copy and put that up somewhere, we have more of a chance at being heard/seen. Come on people, let's work together.

• Like 1

i think we need to go further. everyone ignores those posters stuck up everywhere. missing dog, guitar for sale, who cares? most people are simply not that observant or interested. i always read these things but most people dont. the issue needs to be put directly in people's faces. door knocking, approaching people gardening or in the street, council offices, offices of politicians, these should be our priority targets. we have to not give people a chance to ignore this very serious, but VERY insidious and subtle problem. trying to look respectable would help. and as T said, don't mention the obvious drug plants. because this goes much further than them, though of course even banning them is a reprehensible infringement of our rights.

but most people need to have issues like this made personal to them. tell your neighbours who have a brugmansia. tell nurseries. tell botanical gardens, parks authorities, museum goers and other intelligent looking people. dont let this chance escape us. it's our only one.

sdasdad

Edited by Teljkon
  • Like 1

i think we need to go further. everyone ignores those posters stuck up everywhere. the issue needs to be put directly in people's faces.

door knocking, approaching people gardening or in the street, council offices, offices of politicians, these should be our priority targets. but most people need to have issues like this made personal to them. tell your neighbours who have a brugmansia. tell nurseries. tell botanical gardens, parks authorities,

I could get people's attention by going naked whilst putting up poster/flyers. Might scare most off though.

I don't like random people knocking on my door, shoving stuff in my face at shopping centers etc.. so I would not promote this information that way. I can ,however, approach people who work in the industry that may be affected by this. I don't mind going into a shop and asking to put up a poster. I do agree that we do need to bring it to the general publics attention, and if any-one can go out and hand out flyers, that would be great .

the council here is a very large horticulture employer. i've decided to make sure people know about this, not that most will care, but in particular i'm going to make sure the people who work at mt coot-tha know about it and see if they will put posters up where visitors to the gardens can see them. i have access to an A3 printer :)

• Like 2

I think the counter culture needs to get organised.

Or at least, more chaotic in their approach.

We gotta tackle it head on. Expose the associated insidiousness.

Edited by mud

That is a really good idea synchro, ESP if the flashmobz were in high populous areas...

Thanks, gilligan. You understand the psychology of it, yeah?

“Curiouser and curiouser!”

- Lewis Carroll

:wink:

Yeah, dude.

Actually be interesting to flashmob bot gardens, or a wattle or something inner city, mass crowd rock up and do something like a salute to the plants in question, then disperse, handing out the fliers as they disperse

Curiosity gets the better of them, and it sticks in their mind. From my understanding, the flashmob is not for a purpose, it's mores to piqué interest and wonder,, but ride the wave and use the psychology of it to achieve a point in this instance

• Like 1

Actually be interesting to flashmob bot gardens, or a wattle or something inner city, mass crowd rock up and do something like a salute to the plants in question, then disperse, handing out the fliers as they disperse

Curiosity gets the better of them, and it sticks in their mind. From my understanding, the flashmob is not for a purpose, it's mores to piqué interest and wonder,, but ride the wave and use the psychology of it to achieve a point in this instance

I was thinking mostly about the former. Without subtlety and simplicity, people might just take it as another foolish protest.

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities — the political, the religious, the educational authorities — who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing — forming in our minds — their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself."

- Timothy Leary

• Like 1