The Corroboree
Quill

Do I have cancer?

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This morning i woke and did my usual "Do I need to have a shower trick" - that is smell my armpits. I was surprised to get a good whiff of some spicy sweat.

I smelt like the spices section of my local Indian supermarket (they sell the best lollies). So after a while i figured out just what spice it was that I smelt like: fenugreek.

I haven't eaten a curry or anything with fenugreek in it for at least a month. So WTF? Does this smell signal the growth of cancerous cell in my glands? What's going on guys? Whaddya reckon?

cancer for sure

I picked up a hitch hiker the other day. He asked me if there was curry in the car, I hadnt eaten curry or curry related things for over a week :blink:

I assumed it was my sexy arm meats

:scratchhead:

Alright Quilliam :drool2: now that i´ve had my fun i can try to give a more realistic answer. There are countless molds and bacteria. And many of them have their own disticnt smell or taste. And very often, this resembles odors we know from our food. Ever realized that sweaty feet stink like onions or cheese? Some bacteria even smell like strawberries. I assume you just have a culture of bacteria growing in your armpits, that smells like curry. Secound guess would be that you just ate something that was metabolized to a product that smells like curry. In any way...i dont think it´s cancer. Some cancer types have their own distinct smell but i dont think that the human nose is able to sense that. Nothing that a hot long shower couldnt heal. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

FACT: Hippies smell like curry.

lol

but i'm not a hippie, despite what everybody in high school said.

This morning i woke and did my usual "Do I need to have a shower trick" - that is smell my armpits.

Doesn't that alone already make you a hippie? Normal people simply have a shower :P

You all must have some dirty assed bogan hippies down there :P

I grew up in a K-12 hippie school and, with the exception of the most hardcore stoners, all 360 hippies there bathed every day. I never was down with the whole habitual-use-of-chemcial-products thing so I never used deodorant (as in not once ever :lol: ) and instead just shave my pits twice a month and wash them every day.. less odor than the average deodorant user that way.

ginga maybe you should have been eating more curries instead. would i be right in guessing your diet has been quite unhealthy for the past few weeks?

deodorant is fucked, get a healthy veg diet and you'll only ever need it in situations where it's vital.

auxin: never heard of shaving armpits for that purpose but it makes sense. americans with their consumer culture are quite hygiene mad it seems, perhaps one of the first cultures to require daily bathing. not necessary in any sense although if you are going out and people can smell you then you are dirty and inconsiderate. australians for the most part shower at least once a day but quilliam is obviously an exception and sometimes i am too :wink:

thunda, yeah the 10 days before the curry smell exeperience I was with family and thus eating a very different diet to my usual. increase in alcohol, coke and high sugar drinks, lots of wheat bases stuff and random candy/shitty foods.

Its def not the result of just not showering cos i had showered quite recently.

Funny thing is that the hitch hiker proceeded to tell me that it smelt like a rather good curry LOLE!

it's no coincidence that you and quilly are both veg, you aren't accustomed to having such strong B.O.

I have noticed that my pee jar [5 quarts of beer a day 8%]is starting to smell like what i eat weeks after vomiting ibto it.

Will try curry as test experiment.

the only strong smelling BO I've had was when I was a heavy smoker. Then my sweat smelt good.

Devance that is some nasty shit lol

I have noticed that my pee jar [5 quarts of beer a day 8%]is starting to smell like what i eat weeks after vomiting ibto it.

Will try curry as test experiment

lol devance, you are one wacky wacky dude :)

funny , when i came home from living in mullum for a while, my family kept commenting on my b.o.

i just hadnt been concious of the fact that my personal hygiene had slipped so much!!

i think because of the fact most hippies there reeked so much, my own b.o paled in comparison and i didnt pay it that much attention!! i use a 'natural' b.o basher now, and have no complaints. one thing thats good about living here is people quickly pull u up on how much u stink.

a mullum hippy would clear a shopping centre here.

i have read that you can get more/different smells from other people. for example if you share a shirt with someone the bacteria or whatever it is can jump ship

a wipe of betadine seems to knock back the smelly populations for quite some time. not sure if thats a healthy thing to do though

I think someone has been warming curry pies under your armpits while you sleep, (it happens all the time)

On what EG said about (Some cancer types have their own distinct smells, but the human nose is not able to sense that)

One thing that is interesting is how pets can pick up of illness, Strokes, Fits & many other medical conditions their owner did not know they had :scratchhead:

pheromones ? what is fenugreek to your nose may smell like sex to another or how compatible your genetic make up is to the opposite sex

Edited by mac

yeah who doesnt equate curry with sex? :P

I think someone has been warming curry pies under your armpits while you sleep, (it happens all the time)

On what EG said about (Some cancer types have their own distinct smells, but the human nose is not able to sense that)

One thing that is interesting is how pets can pick up of illness, Strokes, Fits & many other medical conditions their owner did not know they had :scratchhead:

pheromones ? what is fenugreek to your nose may smell like sex to another or how compatible your genetic make up is to the opposite sex

Yeah along with guide dogs there are all kinds of training that dogs can have concerning smelling illnesses. Along with those you mentioned, there are animals that can smell epilepsy diabetic hypos etc etc

It's amazing some of the smells one can give off after eating/drinking different foods.

Curry probably has nothing to do with it,bar by-products from shit food...yeah get one of those crystals,they work great.

.....and have a bloody shower when you get up ya lazy bugger :lol:

yeah who doesnt equate curry with sex? :P

Yep curry is totally hot :drool2:

I used to go a month without a wash when I was squatting in London, eventually it was time for a wash though and I'd stand in a plastic tub whilst my missus would boil jugs of water and mix them with cold tap water and wash me down...it was freezing when we did this so it was like.."fuck hurry up will ya I'm freezing my nips off here"..she would wash me, and then I'd put my dirty clothes back on and wash her the same way...I'd take longer cause I'm a bastard and loved to tease her and see her shivering and cursing at me to hurry up...biggrin.gif

We never smelt like curry though, we did however discover one time when we finally decided to make our bed and flip the mattress, a small family of mice inside the corner of the fitted sheet right next to my wifes head..damn I laughed so hard as she was like eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww...!!!! how long have they been sleeping next to my head ..yyuuuuuuukkkkk eeeewwwwww!!

sorry no cancer just fungal funky armpits...have a wash ya crusty bastid...fly.gif

I used to go a month without a wash

Isnt that normal for pom's ?

:slap: sorry M8 i couldn't help myself,

Like many of you I have never met chiral, but if he isnt just like this bloke i will be very disappointed.

Edited by mac