The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

DMT - The Spirit Molecule movie..coming soon..!!

It won some award and grant money on the small film fest circuit, and I think they are using it to extend the interview footage and initiate some promotional stuff. Not 100% sure when it will be released (or where or how) but I've been meaning to give Matt a call to find out more about this project.

sounds interesting!

i really hope it doesn't degenerate into some wild-ass new-age speculation a la "what the bleep do we know" (which i refuse to watch out of spite)

I'm generally against any DMT publicity that might encourage law enforcement to clamp down on plant sources. I'd prefer that the average cop continue to remain clueless about it. Otherwise we might find our favorite plants becoming illegal.

They would have a job to make say...Acacia illegal...seriously how the hell would they do that...it grows everywhere from national parks to school yards to nature strips and so on and so on..having any plant material containing DMT is allready an offence..what possible changes could be made...possibly make it illegal to grow tryptamine containing Acacia..come on..there must be millions of these plants growing in public places allready..would they go around and tear them all down so the owners of those properties aren't committing an offence..ppppffftttt...yeah right...where would the funding come from to do that..MORE PARKING FINES..!

What next..Phalaris grass tear outs...Sea sponge poisonings..Mount Buffalo sprayings of Phlebs, working bee's for criminals to pull out all the Sophrae at the beach.

I guess if you are fishing for fish and that fish contains DMT and you have a nice net full for dinner..you can be arrested for possession.

DMT is illegal to posses anyways...there really isn't much more they can do... its in the too hard basket now allready.

As for the film I think if it's done properly with accurate data and informative and intelligent commentary..bring it on. We should stop being so precious about this subject and just get on with it.

although by the time it's released it might fall under the banned and prohibited viewing material here in OZ.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

I'm generally against any DMT publicity that might encourage law enforcement to clamp down on plant sources. I'd prefer that the average cop continue to remain clueless about it. Otherwise we might find our favorite plants becoming illegal.

:slap: Wash your mouth out with soap, pray that doesn't happen I have so much to learn :o

you do realise that this will only result in thousands and thousands of active and non active trees being absolutely shredded to fuck and back. do you think that after watching a movie like this that every dick and his dog is going to start cultivating acacias so that in several years time they can enjoy what they saw in the movie? no. they are going to go straight into the bush and tear up whatever they can in order to get the good stuff in them ASAP. shame on whichever dog act put this shit together.

hey, well at least you guys in WA can just grab a few hundred grams of phyllodes from a raspberry jam tree and have enough DMT for a few dozen people to go into hyperspace!

On the east coast, there are so few trees, like obtusifolias which are readily publically accessible... and already in some places in NSW, people are just taking bark from those few trees which they can find easily (usually killing them)... but the overwhelming majority of trees are much more difficult to find! And there's quite a lot of them out there. So in this worst case scenario you are talking of, perhaps it is a matter of herd management and actually providing some kind of harm reduction information to the public.

I don't see that it is wrong that people want to avail themselves to this experience from trees they can find in the aussie bush, but people are not so smart, living in their typically urban lifestyle, are quite a bit disconnected from the plants.

At some point, we might have to get intelligent and actually not prevent this activity, but plan for and prepare for it, enabling people to pick their own phyllodes on plantations or being able to buy them online... and so on.

At this point, there is no way this is going happen due to the Australian government policies ordinarily coming from quite an uptight, conservative, short sighted perspective - completely unwilling to go out on a limb and create sane and reasonable responses to real situations which effect us all.

This is another reason why we must make a stand on the tryptamines becomind decriminalised and begin to work with this openly, in a way that is sanctioned and accepted by the Australian people.

I've come to conclusion it's the only way... as this bubble is going to burst, sooner or later...

Julian.

hey, well at least you guys in WA can just grab a few hundred grams of phyllodes from a raspberry jam tree and have enough DMT for a few dozen people to go into hyperspace!

Julian.

Go Team WA B)

you do realise that this will only result in thousands and thousands of active and non active trees being absolutely shredded to fuck and back. do you think that after watching a movie like this that every dick and his dog is going to start cultivating acacias so that in several years time they can enjoy what they saw in the movie? no. they are going to go straight into the bush and tear up whatever they can in order to get the good stuff in them ASAP. shame on whichever dog act put this shit together.

Yes I would be very interested to know what % of DMT users in Australia actually grow all their own source material.

I'm sure this number would reduce to almost zero in the US (where the film was made?) as they import most of their materials from South America.

I don't see that it is wrong that people want to avail themselves to this experience from trees they can find in the aussie bush, but people are not so smart, living in their typically urban lifestyle, are quite a bit disconnected from the plants.

oh yeah i see what youre saying and it would be great if everyone could experience this whenever they wanted but its completely unlikely that this movie is going to result in ethical harvesting. admittedly im no tree hugger, but if a shitload of people start stripping a shitload of trees.. well thats not good is it. it would be cool if these kinds of things could be bought online, or farmed for people to harvest there own for a fee, but this movie is not going to make that happen.

perhaps a better approach would be to lobby for the laws to be changed so that we can import mimosa bark etc like they do in the states? but thats unlikely too, although trying wont do as much harm as this fucked up movie

sorry that was a bit of an overreaction, but it still wouldnt be nice to see dead trees everywhere

peace! :)

i dunno whats so great about the stuff. every time ive *smoked* the stuff in the past its just been a horrific nightmare that i think i will never be able to get away from! id never smoke the stuff again.

Keeping hidden is NOT an effective way of keeping our plants legal, they are amazing plants, people are going to find out about them! In fact I think us hiding them and running around is the shadows is very bad for all of us.

Maybe I'm just used to living in American where we actually have religous freedom instead of fucking Nazi Oz.

*Edit*-I feel I must explain myself... I feel really bad for you guys. I seems here in America we have a simmer of hope... Ayahuasca and Peyote use is allowed by the Supreme Court for religous users. I mean hey... that's pretty awesome.

And our Cannabis laws just go back and forth... but we're the biggest Ganjha smoking Nation on Earth, it'll be legal in America soon! Basically I feel bad for you guys and I'd like to see some people stand up (even if those standing up are politicans, like a few have done here in the states)... Oz seems a little fucking nuts, not the people, but the government, at least from what I've gathered from the posts made by you guys.

Edited by Teotz'

Click this link to watch the trailer, yes that's right I said TRAILER.

http://www.thespiritmolecule.com/

They are making a movie!

Thanks for all your support and interest in DMT: The Spirit Molecule. We are currently in post-production and slated to wrap up later this year. Unfortunately, raising money for an independent documentary is difficult, not to mention a doc on psychedelics.

Please stay tuned, an important announcement will be coming soon – a way for the community to help.

Sorry Hunab for re-threading ya. Must have missed it in my excitement. Still good to re-thread since there is supposed to be an announcement soon regarding fundraising!

Edited by apothecary

Um it looks like a whole heap of old american people talking about getting high, to over simplify. Based on that trailer i predict it will be ridiculously boring. Hopefully not!

is getting high fair terminology for tripping? seems like they've gone to a bit of effort with the sounds, and i found some of the statements in the trailer pretty profound if not original.

Sorry Hunab for re-threading ya. Must have missed it in my excitement. Still good to re-thread since there is supposed to be an announcement soon regarding fundraising!

Actually yours is more appropriate, as it's in the correct forum... :blush:

H.

I'll try and get someone to merge them today Hunab ;)

It would be really good if we as a community could help their project keep running. A movie would shake things up dramatically.

merged

I really want to see this! I have read the book, so much insight on the subject of DMT. I don't read books, I don't really like reading. But Rick's book was a great read.

Supporting the Spirit Molecule

By Bridget Algiere.

The Cottonwood Research Foundation is currently producing a documentary aimed at promoting public awareness about the role of DMT in species evolution.

The Spirit Molecule "weaves an account of Dr. Rick Strassman's groundbreaking DMT research through a multifaceted approach to this intriguing hallucinogen found in the human brain and hundreds of plants. Utilizing interviews with a variety of experts to explain their thoughts and experiences with DMT within their respective fields, and discussions with Strassman’s research volunteers, brings to life the awesome effects of this compound, and far-reaching theories regarding its role in human consciousness and evolution."

The film explores the possible roles for endogenous DMT; its involvement with near-death and birth experiences, alien-abduction encounters; and similarities in Biblical prophetic texts describing DMT-like spiritual awakenings.

Having recently received a generous donation, the project now has the funding to bring it to post-production mode. Designated as a 501c(3) organization, the film hopes to raise the rest of the funding through tax-deductible donations by supporters. The producers will exchange film credits for donations of $100 or more.

Link