The Corroboree
blip

My trip to QLD for the Cacti and Succulents show

Hey all :D

Ok...... i would like to take time to explain to everyone the definition of a "Cluster F*ck"

Soooo i attended the Cacti and Succulent display at Ryde public school not too long ago and was trully amazed at what i saw :o I left wishing i bought alot more then what i did and was left asking myself when the next one will be. Then i found a nice orange paper that said a BIG expo of cacti and succulents will be on display in QLD with specimens from all over Mexico, Africa, America etc.

I HAD TO GO

We discussed it and thought, f*ck it, why not :) Lets go :D So its all planned and we are going to drive up on the thursday night and should arrive around friday morning sometime as i wasnt planning on stopping, thanks to gurana and caffiene. I would have made it although qld was blanketed with VERY thick fog on the highway and was stupid to continue driving and HAD to pull over at 4am. Anyways... we got to the hotel and had a nice day.

--------------------------------------------------

It was now Saturday and time for the BIG show :D:D.... thats how excited i was planning on being untill i found out that ALL mescaline containing cacti are illegal in QLD!!!!!! I knew about lophs being illegal but ALL mesc cacti?? WTF!! I told myself maybe they are allowed to display them and not sell anything which would be fine with me.................. nope. Also the show was a tiny hall smalled then the sydney one!

So we visited teh botanical gardens and found almost every salvia known to man there lol Lots of mushies growing around and got to see some amazing plants :) So it wasnt THAT BAD. We got back to our room and decided to watch a movie while we are here. The shops were only 20 mins or so away on foot so my gf said we should walk, i thought stuff that we are driving its a holiday afterall :P

We watched the movie, then played some games at timezone, tekken 6, mostly ticket games and the like... it was really cold outside and we just couldnt wait to get into our car and put the heater on :D.........................just one problem......... didnt i park here????.......... YES I DID but its not here anymore!! Yup.. my car was knicked. I was furious and knew some bogan *cursing* wit took it to go thrashing around in because it was a shit hole and everyone was pregnant for something to do.

On the way home i saw a car that looked like mine and thought to myself... geez i hope when i get my car back that it looks as good..................... THAT IS MY FU**ING CAR!!!!! I started running down the middle of the road like a lost case with a swiss army knife in my hand waiting for a red light which never came :( The police said they would be 20 mins and 3hours later they arrived at our room. Apparently we stayed in one of the top 5 crime spots in Australia :D and a house iss invaded every 2 days and a car is stolen every day in this town alone. Thats coming from the police mind you.. I am depressed and just want to goto sleep.

---------------------------------------------------

Its sunday and seeing as we need to get home and have no car, plus paid for 4 nights accomodation we couldnt do much but stay in the room. That arvo we got a call saying they found the car, FINALLY :D:D. Because i didnt authorise a tow i didnt have to pay for anything and i just had to wait for them to fingerprint and take pictures. That was Sunday....

Monday is a publick holiday so we did NOTHING.. no news about the car and i was a nervous wreck as i had no idea if it was driveable, what they did to it or anything.. How ami getting home? My gf has to goto work on wednesday... Plus we have to be out of the room by 10am Tues...

Tuesday comes and my gf had to leave at 5am and i was left in brissy all alone with $200 to get around and get home. I needed to save money so i walked from the hotel room to the towing yard which was 2.5hours. Which isnt that long but with a backpack and a green shopping bag of old clothes magazines and stuff my shoulders started to hurt. I get there (mind you they havent rang me to tell me if the car is ready or not.. im just hoping otherwise im stuffed) and they say eah the car is ready... tha twill be $264!!!!! I dont THINK SO! .. after explaining my situationg they could not give a crap about me or that im in another state with no money and they had my way of getting home. I ran the police and they said somethign went wrong (no shit) and i had to wait for the officers that found my car to come to work... only problem is they worked night shift!!!!!!!!!

While on the phone the towing guy said to me that the car wouldnt start, that when they found it all the panels were kicked in, it was overheated with no water or oil in it. I thought forget it YOU can have the car im going home. I signed teh car off to them and proceeded to walk from 11:30am till 3:30pm to the NEAREST TRAIN STATION. I was hoping to catch the train to NSW but didnt make it. So now i had to find somewhere to stay for the night... the only catch is i had to spend my money for a room.. but then i would have no money to get a train home. I was farked..

I decided to check my bank deposit JUST IN CASE.. ( i tried ringing people but had no credit) i was somehow given $250 in my account :o How the hell that got there i didnt know (more on this later :'( ) So i decided to stay at the GLORIOUS formule 1 for the night.

Wednesday morning i catch a taxi from 6:30am to the brisbane transit centre to catch my NSW XPT train. While talking to the taxi driver he was telling me that i should have caught a plane home as it takes 1 hr and only $120 or something!!!! I was pissed off by this point and i just wanted to go HOME. The train was meant to LEAVE by 7:30 but didnt get there untill 8 and left at 8:30. So we are already 1 hours behind schedule. THEN we are told because of the floods there is alot of track work atm and expect 45mins delays... FFS!!........we were at coffs harbour then suddenly the train comes to a sudden stop and SOMEBODY smoked in the toilet which set teh fire alarm off... add ANOTHER 45mins to the journeyh!!!!!!!!!

I get to nsw FINALLY and ring up my parents to pick me up BUT i had NO credit and all the pay phones were card ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to walk up the street in freezing cold at 12:30am looking for a pay phone and evemtually found one and got home. My legs were KILLLING ME

Im finally home and awake at 11:30am on the thursday morning. I think hmm so where did ths money come from? I check my balance and its from centrelin k... uh oh... i get paid more then this and i dont get paid untill next week?? UH OH.. APPARENTLY i was meant to hand a form in and since i was away i got suspended and they paid me one weeks pay!! SO NOW i have NO INCOME while im studying.. i have NO CAR... and no feeling in the bottom of my feet due to the abundance of blisters. Im well and trully depressed.

Its not Friday and i am waiting to hear back from them about my payments..... i am sore.... lost..... and have been given a proper wake up call :P I know i need insurance which would have helped greatly. I need a job. I need to finish my studies.

Sorry for boring you for the past 30mins lol but i had to release my frustration a bit and seeing as im going sober the last thing iwanted to do was go back "just this once" to calm myself down. Now i just need to hear back from the link and things should start getting better :P I have some pictures of acacias i found on my 5 hour walk and of the botanical gardens ill post up a lil later.

Thanks for reading :P

Edited by lsdreamz

Jeez man, rough stuff!

I would have spent $2 on an internet cafe and posted here asking for assistance from some of the qld members!

Have a hugs.

smiley_emoticons_hug.gifsmiley_emoticons_hug.gifsmiley_emoticons_hug.gif

yeah, I'm with sina. Lots of brisi members here and I am sure someone could have helped you out. I personally would have suggested to ditch the train and fly too. And since when do you need a car to have fun in a city?

Thing is that when shit like this happens it is easy to compound the situation by making poor choices simply out of frustration. having someone there to help you out [particularly a local] would have probably helped a lot.

Did you write your car off unseen? what's the value of the car?

How long have you had a GF? since before you started the HHH thread? :wink:

your payment will get sorted dude, don't worry about that. you may have to go through typical centrelink BS but that side of things will be okay.

shame to hear about your car. did you stay at toowong near the gardens? it's not a great area.

sounds like a clusterfuck alright but that's just the way things go sometimes, especially when you leave your safety bubble and go off on adventures. i don't like car insurance personally, even if your car is stolen doesn't necessarily mean you will be covered, but that's for you to decide when you get another car.

what are you studying? hope you start feeling better.

yeah, I'm with sina. Lots of brisi members here and I am sure someone could have helped you out. I personally would have suggested to ditch the train and fly too. And since when do you need a car to have fun in a city?

Thing is that when shit like this happens it is easy to compound the situation by making poor choices simply out of frustration. having someone there to help you out [particularly a local] would have probably helped a lot.

Did you write your car off unseen? what's the value of the car?

How long have you had a GF? since before you started the HHH thread? :wink:

Hahaha yeah she doesnt need to know about said thread = :crux:

It was mainly the fact that i knew deep down it was my fault for not having an alarm or immobliser fitted to one of the most stolen cars in australia... a Vn commodore. I had no insurance whatsoever on the car either which would have cost me $350 or so since im 25 now. It would have been too much of a headache to transport the car home and myself included. I would have to pay for the transport, the towing fee while also getting myself home. I hated the car anyway and i was (in a way) glad to get rid of it.

Also if i had a job i would have more money (or at least a credit card that was not maxed out) and would have had more options. We were actually contemplating vising SAB and Nimbin on the way home as i have always wanted to do.

I should have asked for help i guess... being shy, mixed with a dash of social anxiety, and a ton of foolish pride which prevents me from asking anyone for help led me to the decisions i made. I have to admit though, sida grows rampant along the highway towards dumboon i think its called.. alot of seeds to be found B)

your payment will get sorted dude, don't worry about that. you may have to go through typical centrelink BS but that side of things will be okay.

shame to hear about your car. did you stay at toowong near the gardens? it's not a great area.

sounds like a clusterfuck alright but that's just the way things go sometimes, especially when you leave your safety bubble and go off on adventures. i don't like car insurance personally, even if your car is stolen doesn't necessarily mean you will be covered, but that's for you to decide when you get another car.

what are you studying? hope you start feeling better.

Thanks man.

Yeah i spoke to them again and apparently they have the forms.. its just that NOW they want a transcript of my studies ( IT Cert 4 [Help Desk] ). So i have to wait for them to get sent to me, then i can fax them off. We stayed on the border of Hillcrest and Browns Plains. They said it would be found at Logan and thats where they found it, still hot and dripping oil from the cracked sump. So it was only recently that the car shit itself and they bailed.

Im over it now, its just centrelin k that im concerned about. Haha if i really wanted to be sober then i have no choice now. No car means no travelling to certain stores :'(

just to get things into perspective, how much was your car worth?

hey Dreamz...loved reading that....I've had many situations happen like that over the years ...it's like a comdey of errors and upside down situations....the payphone that is card only...LMAO...the train ride...that long walk to the tow yard...I've been there and done that in other circumstances...I feel for you buddy....what's a little ironic is in another thread I was hinting at you not to go to the show because they can't have any mescaline containing cactus which would have made it somewhat boring and small...am I right it was...well I hope something nice or happy comes your way after that ordeal...well look at it this way...you made me laugh like fuck when I read it cause I've been there too as have many others probably...

oh yeah one day I went by train from my house out to Richmond to pick up a pushbike that I bought on e-bay for 10 bucks...I needed the bike as I now didn't have a job and my car was a company car so now no car...so anyways I get on the train and it's I'd say one of the hottest days on record ...easily 43-45 degrees...I have enough money for a ticket to get there and back and a bottle of water....I get out at richmond and call the owner of the bike and he gives me directions how to walk to his house from the station to pick up the bike...he is at home with a car watching TV...I was hoping he might come and collect me or something anyways I took three steps in the direction of his house and my thong broke...completely the strap snapped...I didn't have a single penny or anywhere to even buy a new pair as I had just spent my last 2 bucks on a water...I had to walk to this guys which turned out to be 8klms away with one thong and one barefoot in 45 degree Richmond heat...I drank all the water before even half way...and started to feel like I was going to faint from the heat...I finally get there and the guy comes outside to his garage and has been watching footy in air conditioning and my right foot is bleeding from the hot road and I have skin off everywhere and I'm sweating to death and almost fall into him from exhaustion. He said there's the bike...I said oh come on ...I have just walked about 8-10klms and I'm dying can you give me some water...he comes out with half a glass of tap water ....I wanted to choke him... :angry: I skulled the water and got the bike and rode it back to the station and got on the train and made it home...it took me about 6 hrs from go to returning home just to pick up a pushbike...I was couch bound for 3 days after that as my foot was in such a bad way...I can laugh now but it's not funny at the time...

take it easy kiddo.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

I thought I pm'd you my details in regards to your thread asking to visit people up here?

If not I meant to, would have saved some of the head ache at least.

If you ever come back up this way, if you haven't been totally put off, pm me.

Browns plains is a hole man. Logan is worse. :rolleyes:

RE VN's, would have guessed that or a falcon. You have to take a wheel with you if you want them to still be there when you get back if you park on the south side.

North sides not much better but at least a steering lock in sufficient (usually)

There were nice cacti at the show, I got there 5 mins after they opened (literally 9:05) and I missed out.

Saw a mate who had grabbed two giant tbm's with segments like large ladyfingers.

Did get a few arios though.

Damn I feel for you bro and kudos to you for sticking to your guns and not retreating to your drug of choice with your trail between your legs.

That my friend is something to be proud of and to look back on with strength!

I cant believe you didn't send me a msg, I would have come to get you and give you somewhere to stay while you sorted your shit out.

You also should have tried to organise a little meet of people you already know at the event (so you can reduce the levels of social anxiety)

I have a lot of trouble with this issue myself as does quite a few of the people that show up at the meets and I tell you what, one of the biggest things that keeps me coming back is the fact that I can just be myself around people who I haven't spent a lot of (or any) face to face time with in the past.

I know it sounds simple to most but as you and I know it can be extremely hard for some and it is something I almost NEVER allow myself to do, even with a lot of old friends.

You know, let my defences/shield down and relax knowing I can either be social or be silent, spin/trip the fuck out without being judged etc.

This is something really special and rare, try to use it to your advantage.

Schmick, in future hit me up next time your in town, in trouble or not :)

Oh man FUCK THAT! Seriously that sucks the biggest anythings testicles ever... fucking EVER! If I was in your situation I would have seriously ended up stabbing the world in frustration and tearing my limbs apart to beat my prick off. It just sounds so hideously beyond description... Fuck it if you want some cash just tell me an I'll give it to you. No seriously!

I would have spent $2 on an internet cafe and posted here asking for assistance from some of the qld members!

thats what came to mind for me too. I'm sure someone could have helped out. but, its too late for good ideas now. :)

glad you got back physically intact. take it easy and soon enough you will be back on regular pay and back to normal. minus the car.

bloody good story though :) what an adventure.

No really man I fucking mean it. I'm writhing around here just thinking of how so far beyond annoyed as all hell I'd be.

and tearing my limbs apart to beat my prick off.

:lol: whoa?

Cmon WT... read it again and tell me you'd have any use for your man things after that experience... HATE!

rofl poo

I had to quote that post lol rolling on floor laughing at poo?

Thanks guys :D It never really occured to me to ask for any help from anyone. I dont mean that in a bad way that im sure it sounds, just that i tried not to call my own parents and let them know what was happening as i was fully aware of what happened and needed to sort it out myself. I had just enough money and everything was slowly but surely going in the right direction. I am just glad that i was kicked off centrelik when i did as i would not have been paid that severance money the DAY i needed it.

It was all meant to happen and im better off for it. The whole way back i was thinking of my plants and what i should grow next and bla bla bla it got me through it :P

The whole time i was laughign and joking about the whole thing.. my gf was crying my mum was all paranoid thinking i was going to get bum loved on the way home in the bush's... while the whole time i was slamming down cans of vb we had left from the room, in the hot sun (ps its ALOT warmer in QLD then it is in NSW!!!!!!!!!) and was enjoying it AFTER i had signed the car off. (OH btw it was worth $2200 according to the insurance company, but would have cost me $1250 to insure it anyway)

If it was a car i actually cared for (this was my 13th car.. hahaha go figure!) i would have been furious over teh tow and stood my ground. I just wanted to go homeeeeeeeeee. I loved QLD dont get me wrong.... when i was at surfers paradise and at schoolies lol. This place was the same as NSW shit holes.

Thanks everyone for replying as usual :) You are all so friendly :D Its easy to see who are the genuinely nice people out there.................... hahah im not saying if somebody didnt reply here they are bastards lol .. you know what i mean.. its late and im sick of dialing the centerlink number.. 13 23...

holy shit! what a thread. thanks for sharing dude, that sounds like an intense few days. sounds like someone's testing you. putting you through hell so you'll emerge stronger. lets face it if you can get through those few days you'll be able to handle anything the world throws at you now. especially if you can handle it sober. such a crazy string of events though...you did well to get through it without stabbing someone or....um, tearing your limbs apart to beat off your prick..ha poo....your posts cracked me up too.

Lesson learnt: next time you plan to cross a significant portion of the country looking for cacti...stop at Wandjina.

LOL and you know I mean that with love man :P Didn't realise your car got pinched, just thought you were having a shit time. Such is life man, at leaste you learnt something ey...

Gen

sounds like someone's testing you. putting you through hell so you'll emerge stronger.

Mmm, i agree with HM dreamz. What i've learnt from your posts is that you do stuggle, maybe more than others. But i think the fact you were able to get through those few days without going crazy and as Andy mentioned resorting to substance use, shows that you are quite a capable lad. Obviously got a good sense of humour if ya can look back and laugh at the whole ordeal. Looks like ya got a lot of friends at sab man, keep that in mind, always!

cheers

You have to have a sense of humor about these things... i mean the first thing i though of was "well you didnt get an alarm/immobiliser so what do u expect?". It wasnt my fault it was stolen BUT i could and SHOULD have done more to prevent it.

I guess now there is no doubt there IS a god.... and he is a smart ass lol

and to further proove my point look what popped up on ninemsn this morning

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/825860...stolen-car-aami

:rolleyes:

Oh dude... I'd no doubt have been crying from pure frustration. But luckily I have enough relatives or family friends up north that I'd have been OK. Now if it were down Melbourne way I'd be stuffed. But I don't think I'd go to Melbourne unless I had a damn good reason too, they're too flashy for me :lol:

(also I don't think it would have occurred to me to go to an internet cafe either, but at least now I'll probably keep that in mind as would you too hehehe)

You have to have a sense of humor about these things... i mean the first thing i though of was "well you didnt get an alarm/immobiliser so what do u expect?". It wasnt my fault it was stolen BUT i could and SHOULD have done more to prevent it.

I guess now there is no doubt there IS a god.... and he is a smart ass lol

and to further proove my point look what popped up on ninemsn this morning

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/825860...stolen-car-aami

:rolleyes:

Man no one can prevent car theft...you lock the doors and alarm it if you have one....if someone wants your car they will simply take it no matter what...thing is your car was the easiest car to break into for about 10 years running I think...not a desirable car but certainly the easiest to nick...a work associate I worked alongside who was a total rev head used to tell me stories of stealing those commodores weekly and joy riding them to fuck and dumping them in the central coast bushlands.

H.