The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
watertrade

ebay cactus

Im in if there is still room, ill chuck in $40 +shipping costs etc.

I would suggest us figuring out how much we have in the kitty then how much we are prepared to pay at a maximum and then use phantom bidder or something to nab it.

eh?

I wanna know why this plant is for sale. I've known this particular plant since I was a wee child, I used to ride past it on the bus into school. A few years ago after picking up an interest in cacti, I met the owner of this plant. A lovely old lady who showed me around her 'cactee' garden. She loved all her plants so dearly and used to grumble about how her son was always hassling her for the 'cactee'.

I'm going to go suss out what's happening i don't wanna see that plant go anywhere.

Oh, and it's a T. peruvianus form.

i will collect it, i am going to that area the week after it ends so i have no probs getting it, i am happy to bid for it pay for it and take care of postage etc. lets say we got our quota of people too.

I'm going to go suss out what's happening i don't wanna see that plant go anywhere.

Maybe the house got sold, and the person is getting rid of the cacti - at least it didn't get thrown out, and is being given a chance to live somewhere else...

Stop being a killjoy, Prier... :slap: we wants cactee... And a peruvianus that big, well - :wub:

PS - Thanks for being the go to person, VS, appreciated :)

Edited by gilligan

so we got....

andy

watertrade

velvetsiren

hanub

gilligan

meanies

shruman

b caapi

ayjaye

kanje

thats 10 did i leave anyone out?

if people want to put in 10 bucks for the plant each and then 10 for postage that gives us 100 bucks, if it goes up we can work out costs from there, i am happy to pay for more if people only want to spend 10 bucks

but i think there will be a good amount for each of us if we got up to even 30 bucks each not that it would i dont think

considering people are selling cactus from 15 to 30 bucks for a foot roughly we should get quite a few feet worth for equivalent money

Yeah so who is doing the bidding....so it ends roughly 4pm on Monday afternoon....ya have ta make sure you are right there to bid in the last minute and if I was the bidder I would whack a large bid like 200 dollars 45 seconds to go so we are virtually guaranteed that no one can sneak under our bid.

eh?

I wanna know why this plant is for sale. I've known this particular plant since I was a wee child, I used to ride past it on the bus into school. A few years ago after picking up an interest in cacti, I met the owner of this plant. A lovely old lady who showed me around her 'cactee' garden. She loved all her plants so dearly and used to grumble about how her son was always hassling her for the 'cactee'.

Prier...whats the go... we are all cactus lovers and wanna propagate the cactus and spread it around so its genes can live on around the country...I don't see the problem.

H.

I understand what prier is saying & would'nt feel right if some old granny has been cohersed into doing something she does'nt want to do but if thats not the case its cool by me.

Theres a fair bit of it there, I'd guess 70 odd feet at least, so if 9 of us get 3 feet each (max length post allow) that leaves a whopping 43' for hebs. I'd be more than happy to pay more for extra post and more footage. but we could also bring more people in, if 15 got 3' that would still leave velvet at least 25 foot (at least 2 of those giant columns) & bring it down for everyone. Some things to consider anyway.

Theres a fair bit of it there, I'd guess 70 odd feet at least, so if 9 of us get 3 feet each (max length post allow) that leaves a whopping 43' for hebs. I'd be more than happy to pay more for extra post and more footage. but we could also bring more people in, if 15 got 3' that would still leave velvet at least 25 foot (at least 2 of those giant columns) & bring it down for everyone. Some things to consider anyway.

With more people it can tend to get messy, but i'm easy - i'm also with you shruman, i'm happy to pay a bit more as well... We'll see what it goes for i guess, and let VS figure out whats easiest...

VS - Just let me know what $ i'm up for :)

if I was the bidder I would whack a large bid like 200 dollars 45 seconds to go so we are virtually guaranteed that no one can sneak under our bid.

45 seconds? You aren't much of a sniper, are you H?

if you're game, you play it with 2 - 5 seconds to go, depends on how good your connection is.

If there's not that much interest, I'd prob be aiming for a refresh of the page at around 30 seconds, and press place bid with about 10 - 15 sec to go... but that's just me... :)

Prier - don't go sniping us with a false high bid so the nanna gets a little more money, either... :P

I agree but I'm sure there will be people keen if some pull out & probly some who would cover those who would pull out (Iwould).

from experience 3' costs $15-20 at most for post. So if 15 kick in $35 ea and it goes for 200 that still leaves $23 ea odd for postage & a complete bargain for all.

But Im like a reed.

Edited by shruman

This is turning into a bit of a shit fight to organize but I would be happy to pay 20 plus postage. It would be a shame to miss out for a couple of extra $s.

VS, since you’re doing the work I think you should just do whatever you want (and pay whatever) and then, when it’s purchased offer people up a share. I wouldn't want to make any guarantees on number and size of cuts for a set price until it’s out of the ground.

if there is any left overs id be happy to buy a cut.

no stress though

yeah i dont know how you all want to go about it all, i am at work in monday at 4 i will sit at the computer and bid if you all agree to that otherwise someone else can do it, i feel if too many people are in then it gets all complicated, i dont mean to exclude people but i am sure it will make its rounds around the community either way. i would hate to loose it though and have all the pressure on my shoulders. i will just bid a large amount of money in the last few seconds like people have said.

i do think it is fair though that if we all decide to go in then we all get even shares, however postage might be more that 10 bucks if the cactus us large as it seems i dont know how much postage will be but i will find out when i get it home

mr yowie will help me pull it out of the ground and i will give him a cut for his time and help

Good stuff and good Karma to you and Yowie...the first 10 in with their 20 bucks is fair enough..usually a cut about 40cm wouldn't cost anymore than that ..kinda depends on weight obviously and how fat it is...but yeah..after that it's all yours and you sell more cuts to others laterz to recover fuel costs etc if you need to....good luck and I hope we win.

:)

H.

Im Excited !! :drool2:

Whos Paypal can i transfer the cash to?

Edited by Mr B.caapi

lets get it first before we worry about money.

just win it first then VS can send us his BSB etc ...its quicker and pay pal sux with it's fee's sorry just my opinion.

H.

if u need another im happy to throw in $20

Hey i thought you where already included or am I trippin...?

fuck I am trippin I thought you posted allready...lmao...sorry Jono disregard my subnormality.... :shroomer:

Edited by Hunab Ku

might be too late, stinky date... :lol:

With all the branches & cuts i hope there will be a few of the pups making their rounds in a couple of seasons :blush:

so did you get it or what?, i dont want any im just exited for you guys : )

The Auction is still running! Good Luck guys! I would throw in some money too but shipping cuttings overseas is a little bit more difficult! I think i better pass on it! bye Eg

It all sounds good to me, thanks again VS for putting in the effort!