The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Mimosa Hostilis plants for sale

Hey Guys I have too many Mimosa Hostilis plants in my garden and with them being such ferocious growers I do not need so many...plus I just germinated another 20 seeds this week and they all popped so I'll have another 20 plants come springtime...

anyways I have about 6 plants varying in size and they are all in the ground and will be dug up...I'm just fishing to see if anyone wants to purchase one or two or whatever....they vary in size from 6 inche seedlings to 12-14 inch seedlings..very very healthy and like I say fierce growers.

post your interest here and tomorrow or the next day I'll get the actual sizes up and take some pictures.

I'll only dig them up when they are sold and they will go into a small pot filled with coir or peat for you to plant out or pot or whatever...I will put them all up on e-bay next week if there is no takers so it's all good.

H.

yeah i will interested

me2

me2

Definitely keen :)

Okay guys I have actually 5 for sale so first in best dressed...

here they are

post-4860-1240877651_thumb.jpg

14inch Mimosa $35.oo including postage No-1...SOLD Fancy Pants

post-4860-1240877941_thumb.jpg

12ich Mimosa $30.oo including postage No-2...SOLD Mindsphere

post-4860-1240878006_thumb.jpg

8inch Mimosa $28.oo including postage No-3...SOLD Stinkmeat

post-4860-1240878066_thumb.jpg

6inch Mimosa $20.oo including postage No-4...SOLD Mindsphere

post-4860-1240878123_thumb.jpg

5inch Mimosa $20.oo including postage No-5...SOLD Tardistestpilot

usual drill pick the one you want and then PM me your addy and I'll send you my bank details.

What I will say is that I will be posting all plants out on the same day which will more likely be either one of the first 3 days of the week so they don't sit in the post office over a weekend...also consider that I'm camping from Friday till Sunday..I'd imagine that most will go out on Tuesday next week...if all sold that is...the ones that don't will go to e-bay...all care will be taken to make the transplant from ground to pot as stress free as possible, but they are very very hardy so don't sweat it...they love full sun too.

thanks.

H.

14inchmimosa.JPG

12inchmimosa.JPG

8inchemimosa.JPG

6inchmimosa.JPG

5inchmimosa.JPG

14inchmimosa.JPG

12inchmimosa.JPG

8inchemimosa.JPG

6inchmimosa.JPG

5inchmimosa.JPG

Edited by Hunab Ku

interested also :huh:

quick edit, changed my mind, sorry Hanub. if you have trouble selling them i will change my mind again but my bank account is saying no more monye to spend on plants at the moment, hope that is ok

Edited by VelvetSiren

Can I get number 1, please? I'll PM shortly :)

only 3 left guys.

H.

anyone know how long Mimosa seeds are viable for? and if you don't mind me asking hunab, how'd you germinate yours? :)

hunab,you have done well with your plants!what have you done?ferts?

been trying to sort out if they prefer it dry or wet?

t s t .

Tst..really man they have just been in the ground since they germed...nothing special at all....my garden beds where completely turned upside about a year ago and I mixed in a ton of chicken poo and some mulch and garden charcoal but other than that nothing...I don't fertilize them ever and they usually like a bit of water but I haven't been watering my garden now for about 6 weeks as we keep getting frequent showers.....my big tree I measured was a touch under 15 inches when I first purchased it and now its towering at 1.2 meters tall...the seed grown ones which is basically all the others have grown approx 12 inches in the ground from seed since November last year. I'm not sure if these are deciduous either so that will be interesting ...other trees around me have dropped leaves but not the mimosa..in fact I have to keep cutting it back as it's still putting out new shoots this time of the year.

I recieved a packet of 20 more seeds a week ago and they went straight into some hot water for soaking and they have all but one now gone into pots and have shown their first leaves...these will stay in pots and be sold on I'd say next Autumn...may keep one or even wild harvest one in the bush somewhere Muhahahah... :devil:

oh and as a side note the leaves and stems when dried and chopped up make a wonderful smoke mix... :wink:

H.

i read they drop a leaf every now and then.....making their own mulch!

were any of your plants thornless?

thanx

t s t .

Nope they all have very sharp thorns...I noticed the stems start off green and then as the tree matures all the stems turn a very deep red and the thorns get more prolific and gnarly...I love this tree so much it speaks to me so often... it's like it has some eagle spirit...I kid you not when I sit in front of my big one it tells me stories and how it is part of the eagle spirit...insane plants really.

...may keep one or even wild harvest one in the bush somewhere Muhahahah... :devil:

H.

Be carefull ! I suspect this tree to be highly invasive in bush-like environment... :o

Just wondering if any of the mimosa hostilis plants are left? my heart skipped a beat when i saw them in all their glory! :)

Just wondering if any of the mimosa hostilis plants are left? my heart skipped a beat when i saw them in all their glory! :)

Yes numbers 2 and 4 are still available...

H.

I'd like number 2, can't seem to PM you though? The board doesn't allow me. Is there something special I need to do?

i think its one more post,5,you need to activate your pm account.

t s t .

Ah, fair enough. Guess this is post 5 then :)

Edit: Or not. Maybe it's 10? :/

Edited by Mindsphere