The Corroboree
watertrade

Mid year camping trip

Only noticed this today - sounds excellent! I would love to come along, but it will all depend on getting time off from work. How many days are you guys planning to camp for? Sounds like most of you are heading up on Thursday? I thought if my getting time off is an issue I could probably come up Friday evening.

A few of us will be heading up on Friday arvo. You should get the time off if you can, it'll be raaaaaaaad. I'm guessing we'll all be heading back Sunday.

^ Yeah I'm in. Pretty sure I've got the day off on Friday now so I'll be up with the Friday crew. Got a spare seat or two so if someone needs a lift PM and we'll sort the details. I will most likely head back on Sunday morning-ish

Edited by poo

I'll be leavin sometime before lunch on Friday for the crew comin with me..somewhere between 9-10am would be good...don't really wanna leave it any later.

i think mind expansion and me will be on our way in convoy about noon on Friday.

If it wasn't my girlfriends B'day on Thursday, and I didn't have to work this weekend, I'ld be there. Perfect weather lately for you guys-lactarius and boletes all over the place.

All souls day on Thursday-Simmhaiden(sic)-supposedly when heaven and earth are closest....

Has the personal message feature dissappeared from SAB? Haven't found it lately.

WT-if you need to borrow a field guide, I've got Aroras "All that the rain promises, and more".

And I'll bring my shisha.

Oh please please please bring it along - have never tried one and always wanted to! I'm more than happy to buy some tobacco if you like? Any recommendations/preferences??

Edited by poo

I'll grab some on my way up, but if you wanna buy a flavour of your own, pop into your nearest (preferably middle-eastern looking) tobacconist and pick what tickles your fancy. I'll likely grab the classic strawberry, so feel free to choose a tasty sounding alternative.

[edit] spleling.

Edited by JDanger

Hazzah! Shisha! I've never tried.

Definitely in: 12

Hunab

Incog +1

Morg

WT

Birdwing

HolyMountain

MindExpansion

JDanger

Poo

Hillbilly

Faustus

Perhaps in:

Indigo

Pretty big group!

Remember to bring firewood if you can! Stop at a servo on the way and get some if possible. Got down to 1.6 deg yesterday! http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJDW2104.latest.shtml

dang thats this weekend hey :o who is driving from melbs??

put me down as a probably maybe..

ooh this would be so cool...i'm new here but i'd love to come along if i could. i can't drive though (but would obviously pitch in for petrol/food/etc). can i can i can iiiiii!!?

p.s. i'm in north-west vic, sunbury area...

Edited by thomas dylan

so what's the final word on fire poi and staff?

i'm intending to bring my poi either way cos i'm sure i'll need a break from all the debauchery, but it would be nice to have the opportunity to light them.

itll be cold and wet bring em i say.

debauchery u say??

i keen on giving all the fire twirling whosits a good go!!

I'm sure there will be a few habitat & camp pics

Can i make a request for all us poor bastards who cant be with you ??. When the party is in full swing & a couple of hours after the trich stew & other festivity's someone film the dancing around the fire "The Corroboree" :lol: lol (no faces just legs & torsos) so we can all have a good giggle & see what we missed

Happy Hunting Campers

Mac

PS: don't forget the thermal undies

Edited by mac

Yeh I'm guna make a new stick or two on thursday arvo if i get the time and bring them up so hopefully I'll have a few there to play with, if not ill just bring mine but it might be a little long for some :S

Will try and get one of the glow stick ones done up too in case fire is not appropriate.

Peace

aww man i really want to go! lol. maybe i could take photos? i'm a professional photog and have some lovely film cameras...i could bring one along? i'm just trying to sell myself now so i have something to offer and i'm not just excess human :P please please please

^ Whose stopping ya?? :lol:

get ur ass up there, if u can get transport to bathurst or oberon i can pick u up.

I can probably fit one more in my car...between Sydney and Oberon...if anyone else wants to come...simply make it to a train station or hitch or whatever and I can stop and collect you.

People driving please take 10 mins and check your cars for spare tyres and jacks, spare brake fluid. radiator coolant, jumper cables, a toolbox with some decent tools in it and if you Have those warning hazard triangles that sit on the road next to your car stick them in you boot somewhere...don't leave something you might need for safety out just to fit in another blanket or what not in.

One important thing people usually tend to forget is some good string and rope...you always need all sorts of ropes, strings and occy straps etc...don't forget em.

And matches and lighters of course, BBQ tools and fuel..I have some bricketts and will get some more.

I have a great first aid kit too so it's coming as well.

Can we please finalise the exact location today at some point please so I can Google it all up and run some print outs...I don't have GPS nor a blue Mountains street directory.

and exchanging of relevant phone numbers by PM's too....also if we don't wish to make the location public on this board about our location then lets do it all behind the scenes.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Sounds like a fun mission all.

Way too far for me to drive though. I'd just be getting there before turning around to come home. Should've got my vote in for a spot closer to here back when the thread was young!

Have a good one :)

Can we please finalise the exact location today at some point please so I can Google it all up and run some print outs...I don't have GPS nor a blue Mountains street directory.

Nor do I - would be great if (once final destination is decided) someone can google map it so we all have exactly the same location to reference to meet up.

I think the location in LSDreamz photographs is Millionth Acre Picnic Area. Off Tea Tree Ridge Rd, between Oberon and Hampton. Near the intersection of Duckmaloi Rd and Jenolan Caves Rd.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

We need to confirm this with a non-internet map ideally as the address of the campsite from web sources is vague.

My vote still goes with hillbillys for the jenolan camp, on the same road as the millionth acre picnic area but a bit bigger and possibly less likely to attract visitors during the days.

Jenolan google map

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

Forecast for Friday

Fine. Early frosts. West to southwest winds.

Orange : Fine. Min: -2 Max: 12

Katoomba : Fine. Min: 1 Max: 13

Forecast for Saturday

Fine. Early frosts. Southwest winds.

Orange : Fine. Min: -2 Max: 13

Katoomba : Fine. Min: 1 Max: 13