The Corroboree
hutch

How to kick the habit

'ken oath it's a powerful drug.

physical? psychological? i don't really know the difference, but i agree with mind expansion, i also agree with crayZ, BECAUSE the baccy is what makes you an absolute bong pig, which leads to smoking like an addict, which helps build up whatever form of addiction the green has. i've never known a pure green smoker to have the same extent of habit as those that spin.

Ah yeh you make a good point there too but genetics must also play some role in why some people cop the paranoia worse than others off the same greens.

Tis true though...darned hydro just isn't cool.

But most of my time smoking was up north where it was well grown bush, was never too sure of the breeding of a lot of it, but the differences were noticable with different buds, and then move to sydney and super fast grown hydro picked for max weight becomes all there is...erck.

Peace

'ken oath it's a powerful drug.

physical? psychological? i don't really know the difference, but i agree with mind expansion, i also agree with crayZ, BECAUSE the baccy is what makes you an absolute bong pig, which leads to smoking like an addict, which helps build up whatever form of addiction the green has. i've never known a pure green smoker to have the same extent of habit as those that spin.

and imho a bong habit is a fast intense hit leading to the massive highs and lows t talks of.........

t s t .

greens just aint greens,i wish some of you people had access to some good outdoor sativa that gets you high not stoned......it just is not the narcotic some indica can be...indicas bred for medicine and used as recreationals ,addictive?, of course they are meant to have opoid interactions.....but a nice sativa will just get you high,totally different thing......imho....cultural context hey?most smokers dont have a clue,legalisation will allow them them to be better educated.....

t s t .

"i wish some of you people had access to some good outdoor sativa"

I wish some of us people had access to some good outdoor sativa too. I keep sniffing around but not many seem to want to talk about that one or admit to ownership. Wonder why???? lol Any thought's tst.

Cheers mate... :P

seems like sativa is a lot harder to clone esp for a number of generations so it needs seed growing with the need and hassle of male plants.so you have to grow more than one.also a taller plant so harder to hide.and you can get seedy product which some find a problem,though i think the effect from fertilised plant is more balanced.

indica clones fairly easily so thats what gets around much more.and many customers just want to get shit faced.

actually i'd like some outdoor sativa too!think you have to move in connoisseur circles......

t s t .

"i wish some of you people had access to some good outdoor sativa"

I wish some of us people had access to some good outdoor sativa too. I keep sniffing around but not many seem to want to talk about that one or admit to ownership. Wonder why???? lol Any thought's tst.

Cheers mate... :P

A foaf use to grow haze probably some of the cleanest and best I've ever known unfortunately being older and a big big boy he died of a heart attack its a shame the bastard hid his crop so well otherwise the stuff would be in wide circulation by now :( I definitely agree with TST here

I've found four cones of the following mix to kill cravings 0.2 blue lotus extract from SAB , 0.2 daminia 10x from Sab , Kanna & 25x Justica extract mix approx 0.5 , Keogued Extract 0.3-0.5 ( this is really harsh ) , 0.3-0.5 splendid sage , 0.2 yellow horned poppy , 0.2 Leonitis Sibiricus Herb I'm pretty sure that was it yes its a hell of a blend and probably on the costly side to acquire all the products but 4 cones and cravings gone I think is great nothing negative experienced from this combo the amount of the products you would get for $100 or so would last several weeks even if used daily Hoping the cravings will die off after a week or so , a friend overseas told me kratom was good to prevent restless sleeps its ashame its restricted here

Another thing I would like to point out many people who quit cannabis do not consider they are tgoing to suffere withdrawals from nicotene which if your not a cigarette smoker you have nothing to substitute the nico I have always wonder if low dose nicotene patches would be of assistance in such a scenario

someone told me once... "you can't help him, becuase he downt want to be helped" i would try to talk to people about the best way to stop my weed smoking.. at that point it was half ounce a week smoked through a bong.. spun with baccy aswell... I would set dates.. "2 weeks from now i'll stop" or "this crazy party will be the last time i smoke" i found that I would completely forget my promise to myself and only remember when I was chopping up again.... it was my dad that said that to me..and it was at this point i knew that I was only one that could help myself.. stop whining and freaking out about my habbit and just STOP IT.

i spoke to my dad about it.. "dad how can i stop, i'm worried" and he said.. mate.. your mother and I smoked it back in the day.. but not like you do... just STOP. at that point i couldnt beleive him.. i didnt really think I could... but i did... and it was easier than expected.. 3 weeks is the turning point.. as for cutting down.. it doesnt work IMO.. all or nothing for me.. the devil is always on my shoulder.

as for cutting down.. it doesnt work IMO.. all or nothing for me.. the devil is always on my shoulder.

Low tolerance sure is nice though! Not an easy thing to do though.

someone told me once... "you can't help him, becuase he downt want to be helped" i would try to talk to people about the best way to stop my weed smoking.. at that point it was half ounce a week smoked through a bong.. spun with baccy aswell... I would set dates.. "2 weeks from now i'll stop" or "this crazy party will be the last time i smoke" i found that I would completely forget my promise to myself and only remember when I was chopping up again.... it was my dad that said that to me..and it was at this point i knew that I was only one that could help myself.. stop whining and freaking out about my habbit and just STOP IT.

i spoke to my dad about it.. "dad how can i stop, i'm worried" and he said.. mate.. your mother and I smoked it back in the day.. but not like you do... just STOP. at that point i couldnt beleive him.. i didnt really think I could... but i did... and it was easier than expected.. 3 weeks is the turning point.. as for cutting down.. it doesnt work IMO.. all or nothing for me.. the devil is always on my shoulder.

yeah I've pretty mucxh come to the conclusion that social smoking in moderation isn't a bad thing but yeah smoking everyday is just fucked waste of money and bad for the health its soimething to be used in synergy and as responsible as other psychadelics , i mean would someone take cid or dimitri multiple times each day for years on end , would some take shrooms day after day after day No well i hope no sane person would anyway I think show mary the same respect and appreciation most of us have for other psychadelics and she can be a great allie abuse her and you will suffer her wrath

I smoke every day, between 200-400mg, on average a quarter will last me two weeks (including weekend smoking).

For me, it's not about abuse (although I'm sure some would disagree). I can, do and have stopped smoking for extended periods of time (the most recent time duration of four or five weeks, about a month ago).

How do I stop? By stopping. L-tyrosine in the mornings can help with amotivational syndrome, L-tryptophan at night can help with insomnia, but frankly, I have found the best "stoner off switch" to simply be kava. One cup of kava before bed and I usually wake up feeling like I haven't smoked in years and don't wanna smoke for a few more! Not to be repeated every night, but can provide an extremely useful launching pad for quitting as you can usually leave behind a couple of weeks of mental anguish from the psychological withdrawals.

Edited by apothecary

yeah I've pretty mucxh come to the conclusion that social smoking in moderation isn't a bad thing but yeah smoking everyday is just fucked waste of money and bad for the health its soimething to be used in synergy and as responsible as other psychadelics , i mean would someone take cid or dimitri multiple times each day for years on end , would some take shrooms day after day after day No well i hope no sane person would anyway I think show mary the same respect and appreciation most of us have for other psychadelics and she can be a great allie abuse her and you will suffer her wrath

Heaps of dark choclate or theo broma extract may help too haven't looked to far into it but theoretically I believe it works similar receptors in the brain

Low tolerance sure is nice though! Not an easy thing to do though.

less is more!

i like what you said!

Have never smoked a ciggy in my life, and i assure you, 2 weeks feeling like no sleeping is always the symptom from stopping the green.

Have never smoked a ciggy in my life, and i assure you, 2 weeks feeling like no sleeping is always the symptom from stopping the green.

My friend is currently on dayy 4 of not smoking and actually feels great despite giving up weed and the pack of week cigarettes that were used in mix

found the 1st 3 days a little hellish however found ways to offset that Sceletium due to SSRI effect seems to help as a short term but fuck whats the point of smoking one thing instead of another said he's going to try move to the drinkable sedatives from today has read intresting things about yellow horned poppy tea seems like 1-2grams boiled with some lemon should be helpful for a sleep aid also maybe lotus wine or tea\?? Maybe Kanna tea thinks delosperma is actually a better craving killer if choosing to smoke then kanna /sceletium , whats the go with Kava at the momment is it restricted or can i still buy it ? if so are there any restrictions i need to be aware of

yeah but basically he is just trying to get back in control of his habit would much prefer to have a social smoke with friends or use in synergy then an everyday smoker , thinks it will be far better and insightful if used only in such contexts

I find it interesting how addictive weed seems to be for a lot of people...I see no evidence that THC is physically addictive...dunno can anyone corroborate this...if that's so it's a mental addiction...I have old school friends who are totally gone to the dogs with no hope from weed...they started when about 13-14 and smoke daily and are in their mid 40's....smoke an oz a week, some of them smoke much more ...seriously..3 of them I grew up with have such an addiction it's scary...I'm talking smoking party cones of skunk 3-4 before breakfast and then 6 more before they do anything else...only one of them has a job and has maintained that job since 16 as groundskeeper at a local bowling club...the other 2 are simply lost cause's...they live erratically and one has serious violent tendencies and the most serious case of paranoia I have ever encountered in my life...they haven't ever even considered giving up after all these years...I'd say they are going to have some serious mental issues heading into their later years in life...one in particular when he can't get any weed within 24 hours exhibits a childlike character and the brain of an 8 year old...scary shit really.

H.

I find it interesting how addictive weed seems to be for a lot of people...I see no evidence that THC is physically addictive...dunno can anyone corroborate this...if that's so it's a mental addiction...I have old school friends who are totally gone to the dogs with no hope from weed...they started when about 13-14 and smoke daily and are in their mid 40's....smoke an oz a week, some of them smoke much more ...seriously..3 of them I grew up with have such an addiction it's scary...I'm talking smoking party cones of skunk 3-4 before breakfast and then 6 more before they do anything else...only one of them has a job and has maintained that job since 16 as groundskeeper at a local bowling club...the other 2 are simply lost cause's...they live erratically and one has serious violent tendencies and the most serious case of paranoia I have ever encountered in my life...they haven't ever even considered giving up after all these years...I'd say they are going to have some serious mental issues heading into their later years in life...one in particular when he can't get any weed within 24 hours exhibits a childlike character and the brain of an 8 year old...scary shit really.

H.

Yes thankyou fuckhead commercial growers for introduction of chemical growing , and use of predominatly indica strains due to the smaller plant growth that can produce heavier yeilds not to mention i'm sure half the fuckwits don't flush it properly before it gets on the street among other things I don't believe the bullshit about pot being more potent today I just thin k indica strains have a more addictiove aspect if smoke on a regular basis

Bring Back the nice clean outdoor sativa strains yeah they take a bit more skill to grow and get good yeild and 3 months longer to grow but surely Quality and health benefits should outweigh shorter growth time oh thats right most commercial growers are in it for the big $$$ and have probably never even smoked it , its about time weed smokers grew some brains in general and boycott any fuckwit dealer selling chemicalised addictive shit in my IMO haze far better then any indica and I know it does get around oz its just ashame there isn't a heap more of it and similar

I guess if our laws weren't so fucking stupid and handing organised crime control of the market this would be far more likely once again we must thank thye stupid fuckheads running our country for there stupid fucking policy that results in harm maximisation may all there souls rot eternally in the deepest darkest hole

Yes thankyou fuckhead commercial growers for introduction of chemical growing , and use of predominatly indica strains due to the smaller plant growth that can produce heavier yeilds not to mention i'm sure half the fuckwits don't flush it properly before it gets on the street among other things I don't believe the bullshit about pot being more potent today I just thin k indica strains have a more addictiove aspect if smoke on a regular basis

Bring Back the nice clean outdoor sativa strains yeah they take a bit more skill to grow and get good yeild and 3 months longer to grow but surely Quality and health benefits should outweigh shorter growth time oh thats right most commercial growers are in it for the big $$$ and have probably never even smoked it , its about time weed smokers grew some brains in general and boycott any fuckwit dealer selling chemicalised addictive shit in my IMO haze far better then any indica and I know it does get around oz its just ashame there isn't a heap more of it and similar

I guess if our laws weren't so fucking stupid and handing organised crime control of the market this would be far more likely once again we must thank thye stupid fuckheads running our country for there stupid fucking policy that results in harm maximisation may all there souls rot eternally in the deepest darkest hole

Here Here ! there are many things that can be mixed to reduced the dumbing effect of some of these indica strains. but thats another forum...

She has been off the weed now for months. she is a different person and I have never seen her house and yard looking as good. She has one of the best vegi patches around. Busy hands = quiet mind.. (I might use that one some day.lol)

Hutch.

i assume the medicinal effects,opioid receptor,of indica style plants could be involved with withdrawl syndrome.....2 weeks of not sleeping sounds like part of opioid withdrawl......

t s t .

Personally, i don't even take a panadol let alone codeine. So my opiate receptors are in a very virgin state.

If not sleeping for a week or two isn't a physical symptom... then wtf is? That is what i call physical withdrawal. Sure its not painful, its just annoying! But its still physical, and its still an unwanted symptom of stopping.

Thats more than psychological.

I totally agree modern weed is physically addictive. A friend of mine who took a break after years of smoking was excessively salivating for about a week after quitting, could not sleep and was definitely not a pleasure to be around.

However, I do not think hydroponics is at blame, I have never seen a thorough report that suggests hydroponic weed is more potent...media and AMA hype. In my opinion, it is much more to do with genetics as has been mentioned. If people were smoking 26 week Colombian highland strains, things would be much different :lol: ....hell, are there any real pure landrace sativas really going around?

Edited by Dale Cooper

I think its basically the receptors in the brain that THC effects are screaming out for more THC (much like the nicotine advert on tv) so its physical in my opinion & experience

Edited by mac

....hell, are there any real pure landrace sativas really going around?

Yep still plenty of Great 100% landrace sativa's & hazes around ;)

There's some great Indica landraces also that are alot more active than most give Indica's credit for!

Personally, i don't even take a panadol let alone codeine. So my opiate receptors are in a very virgin state.

If not sleeping for a week or two isn't a physical symptom... then wtf is? That is what i call physical withdrawal. Sure its not painful, its just annoying! But its still physical, and its still an unwanted symptom of stopping.

Thats more than psychological.

Could easily be rectified with a benzo or low dose LSA...some say a small dose of spice really helps with sleeping too....none of those are really addictive if used to get over the 2 week sleeplessness thing....benzo could be but just 5mg a night for 2 weeks till you regain some health should work...just ask the doctor for 2 weeks worth and end it.

Yeah I have never experienced anything like 2 weeks of hardcore insomnia! I am talking about some trouble getting to sleep and weird dreams until the brain returns to equilibrium.

I think if enough weed is smoked on a daily basis you can easily become physically habituated to it regardless of whether the "active" (or plural) is defined as pharmacolgically physically addictive. d9-THC and other compounds forming the active complex have deep activity at the basal ganglia and work on pretty much all the receptors you can think of (dopamine, adrenaline, serotonin, acetylcholine, anandamide, muscarine, etc) and if you combine with nicotine even more so. I have no doubts in my mind that like all things which release dopamine, you can get habituated to it and studies have shown the brain will release dopamine simply on the anticipation or thought of the drug, no actives are needed.

This is largely what the percieved "withdrawal" symptoms come from anyway. Trouble sleeping is because your brain has become used to a much lower plateau of dopamine and the excess available endogenously because you have discontinued smoking will generally keep you up! Same can be observed for serotonin (or specifically melatonin), dreams will be extremely vivid because endogenous melatonin levels will be much higher than the brain has become accustomed to during periods of heavy smoking.

So we can observe the state of most/all receptors is not actually damaged or totally depleted (compared to receptors which are subject to a pharmacologically addictive drug), since they bounce right back on cessation of active use.

Edited by apothecary