The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

happiness thread

So I'm wondering what makes people happy...

Is it when you have money and can spend it up big and have all the lovely things you want in life...?

Is it when your lover tells you they love you and you can see in their eyes that they mean it...?

Is it when you have lots of piss around the house and can get shitfaced drunk everyday..?

Is when you have lots of drugs around the house and can get loose everyday..?

Is it when you see your plants growing and wonder at their beauty..?

Is it when someone recognizes you as a good person and compliments you on it..?

Or is it something else completely.............?

What makes you lot happy and why...................?

H.

post-4860-1229596766.jpg

post-4860-1229596774.jpg

post-4860-1229596782.jpg

post-4860-1229596790.jpg

HP1899.jpg

HP1901.jpg

HP1902.jpg

HP1904.jpg

HP1899.jpg

HP1901.jpg

HP1902.jpg

HP1904.jpg

All of the Above! :wink: Well, i dont need expensive stuff to behappy! I need enough money to buy me food and some coffee! I need to get up early and do some work to feel happy. Meeting some friends after work, drink a few beers with them! Watch a trashy Horror Movie and cook a good meal! Then spending some time with a girl in the evening and fuck her in the night! The absence of unhappyness is enough to make me happy most of the time! The absence of these things make me particularly happy!: No throwing up in the morning and no people going on my nerves before i drank enough coffee! No sick/dead relatives or friends! No jealous guys knocking on my door and trying to kick my ass because i was with their girlfriend a few years/months/days ago! No people calling me to sell me the new AWESOMO 3000! No religious maniacs ringing my bell and asking me to join their brand new cult! No drunk friends calling me at night and asking if i can drive them to Paris! No fire in my house. Absolutely no songs in the radio from people like PINK, COLDPLAY, PRINCE and similar stuff thats sounds like someone´s crying while he´s jerking off! No discussions with ignorant people about nature, religions, hell and heaven, politics, second hand smoke, organic food or torturing little furry animals for fun! Thats pretty much what makes my day! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

A tough question and one that I like to constantly reconsider.

I like to think that happiness is taking the time to look at life and think "what? how? when? where? why? and who?" (probably forgot one of them) after something has happened, then do your best to rectify/band-aid the situation. Then you take the time to teach/share your story and experiences, without any regard for a profit nor credentials, to others who might have (or had) similar experiences.

I also think it's something you can't chase... you just have to accept the little things you are given in life and do what you can to appreciate them for what they are. I admit that there have been times where my sole intention was to persue self-driven happiness, but we all like to indulge at one time or another...

Then again, I'm not taking my anti-crazy drugs... so whatever I say must clearly be the words of a mad-man in the midst of a "psychotic episode".

Good to see the topic being discussed, Hunab! :)

Reasons to be cheerful part 3

1 2 3

Summer, Buddy Holly, the working folly

Good golly Miss Molly and boats

Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet

Jump back in the alley and nanny goats

18-wheeler Scammels, Domenecker camels

All other mammals plus equal votes

Seeing Piccadilly, Fanny Smith and Willy

Being rather silly, and porridge oats

A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it

You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks

Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty

Going on 40 - no electric shocks

The juice of the carrot, the smile of the parrot

A little drop of claret - anything that rocks

Elvis and Scotty, days when I ain't spotty,

Sitting on the potty - curing smallpox

1 2 3

Health service glasses

Gigolos and brasses

round or skinny bottoms

Take your mum to paris

lighting up the chalice

wee willy harris

Bantu Stephen Biko, listening to Rico

Harpo, Groucho, Chico

Cheddar cheese and pickle, the Vincent motorsickle

Slap and tickle

Woody Allen, Dali, Dimitri and Pasquale

balabalabala and Volare

Something nice to study, phoning up a buddy

Being in my nuddy

Saying hokey-dokey, singalonga Smokey

Coming out of chokey

John Coltrane's soprano, Adi Celentano

Bonar Colleano

1 2 3

Yes yes

dear dear

perhaps next year

or maybe even never

Lol @ attached images.... :lol:

You know what would make me happy?.....if i could just grow my own weed, just enough for my own use, without fear of pros/pers-ecution.

Maybe they will "allow" it one day, hell it would even stimulate the economy, i can imagine hydro shops nation wide would be visited by "mum and dad" types constantly if it was descriminalised....i'd even pay for a yearly licence to grow for personal use. But that would be a sensible thing, so we shouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Money would be nice too though, like they say it buys a better class of misery... :P

I find there is some indefinable quality you need before you can truly enjoy the things that *should* theoretically make you happy.

What it is, and where that thing comes from is a mystery...

but i know that without it almost anything i do will not generate true happiness.

For me it is all of those (questions at the top) in moderation and combinations (of them) and more.

It is being at peace with where I am and who I am with. (There has to be a good laugh in there too)

It is following the flow of life for me.

Money...that is a whole new topic...but it is important in the equation. In a sentence, not lots, but just enough to be comfortable.

i'd say first & formost it's a calm & quiet mind. a state of mind which allows us to go beyond the illusiory perception of being seperate from all that is.

contentment and selfless love.

pretty much what paradox said.

Dopamine release, stimulating the ventral tegmental area of the brain, reinforcing evolutionary important behaviours to ensure the continuation of the species.

My children make me happy...

My plants make me happy...

My knowledge that I am in everyway in everyday trying to be a better person makes me happy...

This planet and some of its inhabitants makes me happy..

the 3rd hr of some 25 makes me extremely happy..

Knowing that I can help someone less fortunate makes me extremely happy...

and seeing those tiny little black cactus seeds turn into little green balls or stems is making me happy too...

:)

H.

I find Seinfeld and Sceletium is a combo that's good for business.

Oh, and AC/DC.

When I can maintain a certain degree of dissociation from my over-worked superficial mind and my surroundings, i find myself in a sweet little pocket of contentness :) It's really lovely actually. I've always thought of it like wearing the 'Blue Hat' after I was taught all that Edward de Bono theory stuff in primary school.

It's also reassuring to know that i can reach that place (eventually) without the aid of substances, which makes me appreciate substances even more :lol:

Edited by Chullii

Happiness for me is being good to myself and being good and kind to others.

sounds simple?

to love unconditionally is the trick.

To give as much love as you can, be honorable and feel that within you.

To help someone in need, to love someone in pain. To forgive someone who has hurt you

Aspiration #309

A person of merit, quality of value. That person can be proud. He can be happy.post-151-1229773683_thumb.jpg

Love is all.

Peace

Tlaloc (Love Fundamentalist) ;)

No blowing buildings up tho :slap:

post-151-1229773683_thumb.jpg

post-151-1229773683_thumb.jpg

Approximately in this order.

1-Hearing my cat purr

2- Watching my dogs tail wag

3- Witnessing a seedling poke its little green wings out of the ground, trying to fly away. (got a few of those today!!)

4- Making someone smile

5- Learning something new and useful

6- Listening to music

7- Listening to natures own song

8- The knowledge that some day all those unspeakably wealthy materialist, who are poisoning this planet every way they can. Will some day fall from the ivory towers and have to survive on the bare essentials. Never knowing the pure pleasures mother nature gave us so that we would never need to poison her in order to find such selfish and destructive gratification's.

9- Getting laid

10- Getting toasted

alternatively

9- Getting toasted

10- Getting laid

11-Getting laid while toasted

I think what would make me feel really, really good is to know that I helped the entheogenic community in some way... as well as the greater community of humanity.

Dopamine release, stimulating the ventral tegmental area of the brain, reinforcing evolutionary important behaviours to ensure the continuation of the species.

word :wink:

have you read the hedonistic imperative? www.hedweb.org

Edited by Paradox

Cannabis makes me happy! Also being by my self in the middle of no where is one of the rare moments I tend to feel at peace in the world.

The human race makes me miserable, they will always let ya down if you give them the chance!

Meher Baba said "True happiness comes from making others happy"

The looks of trees in winter without leaves when you drive past them and get a 3d psychedelic skeleton looking thing.

The taste of coffee and the warm feel of it in my hand.

The laughter and smiles of my children.

God the universe and everything in it, from the point of view that the irony of it all can force a smile on even the worst of days.

Mortality and nature, the grace of it all.

A really good book, good dinner and good sleep.

A lone walk in the bush taking each step as slow as possible, being overwhemled by every sense.

And community radio. Word up RRR and PBS.

nice thread.

im happy when i see kindness, im happy when someone smiles at me, and when im engaged in a friendly conversation.

i love seeing people do sweet things for each other.

theres this elderly lady that comes into my work for dinner most nights when im working, she brings her little grandson(hes around 5 or 6) anf they sit there playing cards until their dinner is ready. just fills me with bliss. its so beautiful.

im happy when im stoned and gardening, just in my own little world, marveliing at nature.

im happy when im talking to old-school gentlemen that i meet sometimes, as well as old graceful ladies thoe conversation and wisdom passed on makes me happy. manners make me happy.

im happy gazing lost in a sunset, or absorbed in the delicious scent of a georgeous flower.

im happy when i see my daughter smile, and when she holds my hand and tells me she loves me, and the delight and wonder on her face when she learns and experiences something new.

im happy when i look into the clear night sky here and see the amazing stars.

Nice one Icog...your post makes me happy.... :wub: