The Corroboree
Chiral

AUSSIE Ayahuasca

and there really isn't a need to cloth filter..too many goodies get trapped..

Why do you think the goodies are getting trapped in the cloth? The goodies should all be dissolved in the water going through the cloth. plz explain :huh:

In my experience unless you are powdering up to a fine dust and are absolutely sure that every last alkaloid has been removed from plant material then some will get trapped in the catchment via the cloth.

I've done a few experiments with extracting various items and have read always do it 3 times this and three times that..Ive actually saved the plant material after 3 extracts and used it again on another day only to find that there are still goodies in it..albeit in smaller amounts but still there..even after the 5th pull there is still small amounts left. So in regards to brew usually some of the goodies are thrown out when plant material is tossed after extraction. If you want a really potent brew powderise the vine and use only fresh Chacruna leaves and plain water.. don't throw the plant material away..give them an acid extract 3 times in a separate porcelian pot, don't use any metals..then add that to your initial brew, and then reduce. When reducing also don't boil the shit outta it... let it barely simmer..slowly is the key and put on some music and go read a book while its doin its thing.

I should have been more clearer when starting this thread as in the question good aussie recipe...what i really wanted to know...Is there a native plant species..ie not an introduced or south american plant..that is an MAOI as it would be nice if there was an AYA brew that can be cooked up simply from Australian natives..We have the Acacia with its tryptamine content and I'm asuming that the Phyllodes can be used in certain species for this..although I'm not sure what other possible nasties may end up in the brew if not removed somehow..any one had experience with this..Acacia tea kinda..has anyone found or know of any Australian plant that contains Inhibitors that can used instead of caapi, rue etc..

It would be nice to make an authentic Australian brew for a truely authentic aussie experience.

Oh and the acacia's in question..can anybody confirm if the ones we interested in are native or from africa or somewhere else.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

on a good simmer you should get approx one inch of reduction each hour.

t s t .

so you are eating/drinking all of the fine powder Hunab?? if not, going by your theory you are still wasting material when you dont eat/drink the powder.

Tshirts arent thieves :P

don't throw the plant material away..give them an acid extract 3 times in a separate porcelian pot, don't use any metals..then add that to your initial brew, and then reduce. When reducing also don't boil the shit outta it... let it barely simmer..slowly is the key and put on some music and go read a book while its doin its thing.

So after you make a brew you keep the material and make another brew with that??? thats just doing more extractions on the same material which you say you end up putting with the original brew anyways??? So in essence if you do 3 xtracts at a time and do this twice over you are doing 6 extracts on the material, still doesnt explain to me why the straining of the material reduces potency especially considering you are doing 6 lots to powder, thats alot!

And what is the action of the porcelain?

Well yes you could do 6 initial extracts all with acid but this makes it very bitter..All I'm saying is there is usually some goodies left in plant material that don't make it into the brew..its like cactus tea..most will do 3 cooks with the cactus and then chuck the cactus sludge..there is still small amounts in the gunk and doing 5 will give you that little extra..extra potency. Some in this thread are worried about the acid extraction phase, and if you just water leach the initial brew and then do a few small acid extracts on the side, its not as bitter and you can claim the small amounts still left in the plant material.

Porcelain is preferred to any metal pots as the acid has a tendency to "react" with aluminum especially, and contam your brew. Actually the best pots are those made from fired clay like ramakins etc..some chinese supermarkets sell nice ones used for Asian cooking and are awesome.

H.

There are Acacia's whose phyllodes can be used for Aya brews. I was told the benefit of using the phyllodes was that there were much less tannins in them than what is found in the bark.

What Torsten had to say about complanata only a couple of weeks ago: "I posted my experience of it killing my headache at the time, but as thatw as the only effect there was not much else to report. The MAOI experiments were negative. I think mulga also did MAOI experiements with this one and also concluded it as negative at reasonable doses. Not sure how much he used, but I think mine was something up to 1000mg of alkaloids."

Alot of people make the mistake of assuming beta carbs= MAOI

baileyana is extremely variable & seems to be seasonal so even if tetrahydroharman does possess MAOI propreties finding when it has enough would be another problem.

If there is an Aussie source for MAOI I do'nt think we've found it. So we better keep looking ;)

Acaciahuasca, Aussiehuasca or Anahuasca ;)

Edited by shruman

If there is an Aussie source for MAOI I do'nt think we've found it. So we better keep looking ;)

Acaciahuasca, Aussiehuasca or Anahuasca ;)

I was always under the impression that Acacia complanata contains harman harmaline and tetrahydroharmin ... or something like that??

is that the same thing ?? maoi?

'could' the complanata be seasonally active like the baileyana is said to be?

im pretty new here too btw :D ... hi

Edited by bio

a friend recently recounted to me some intersting experiences with high yielding acacia.

he was told by a trusted friend that when brew from said plant was concentrated enough it was active orally on its own. He decided to drink one small cup of concentrated brew and was astounded at the effects.

It was also reported that it synergised particularly well with other entheogens of a particular nature, reportably bringing a more crystalline/holographic landscape to the experience.

Furthermore it was reported that the brew was basified, and left to sit for almost a month, after which time large shards of

' unidentified salt xtal' fell out of the solution.

The shards had a purple hue even after vigorous washing, and were reported to be sublingually active, and not what one might 'usually' expect when smoked...

this is what i was told anyhow.

a bit of jurema energy about it this plants root bark is said to have!

please please please always gently boil your phyllodes in a small amount of water with some acid [lemon juice or citric acid] in it for a few minutes. This will steam off the cyanide.

20g longfolia leaves, 4 g harmala

Really??

If we could aya like this.. why all the tree destruction and such?

Edited by G*P

i assumed the bark bandits are extracting dmt to for smoking.

20g longfolia leaves, 4 g harmala

I'd be very interested if anyone has ever found a workable quantity of alkaloid in longifolia...I have heard there is the odd one here and there but geeez...for what it's worth and what I have seen, there is no blip on the longifolia radar at all.

H.

maybe a misidentified maidenii or longissima?

To know an appropriate quantity of leaves from a Maidenii, or obtusifolia (esp if it was such a small amount) could be very important.

For trees everywhere...

Edited by G*P

slightly off topic, but does the egg-white tannin removal impart any eggy flavour to the brew?

Can't you just use pectin instead of egg-white.

Can't you just use pectin instead of egg-white.

How does this process work? is the egg white added while warm and filtered out? or mixed cool and left in the brew?

slightly off topic, but does the egg-white tannin removal impart any eggy flavour to the brew?

i believe not.....i'm no expert on the process but have seen some very impressive results......reduce brew to about 200ml or less.....some say it still must be acidic,i dont know.....cool,separate white from yolk of one egg,scramble egg white in brew,heat til egg sets,prob better to heat more than less........brew should now go through a coffee filter ok......filter and reduce.......prob best to run a little acidic water to flush the last bit through the filter,collect separately to gauge quality and repeat if required,sometimes a couple flushes are needed to get it all out........

pectin,dont know?

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

I'm dragging this topic up because it's interesting to me. So in peoples opinion does the egg white technique remove all of the tannins and crap from an acacia bark brew? I don't think I would ever have the guts to drink an acacia brew with all those tannins in it... I've seen enough dams that are surrounded by wattles and the colour of that water is just wrong! It looks like a cup of tea on major steriods... has anyone, (or anyones friend) ever tried drinking an obtusifolia reduction and used the egg white method?

I'm just interested is all. Wouldn't there still be major amounts of stomach and gut upsetting stuff in there?

Or has anyone, (or anyones friend...) tried a obtusifolia leaf tea?

Please don't incriminate yourself, I am just interested in the possibilities the plant world affords

cheers