The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlyPlanter

Tripping on cacti is not fun

written mis-information wont help, most youtube vidiots can't read :lol:

Thank god it was only a pachanoi from which she took the bite. Had it been a bridgesii the facial injuries could have been far more severe.

ahh i see... missed the youtube bit....to that i can agree.

but i still find spreading misinformation is only going to screw everything up....me no like lying.

ahh i see... missed the youtube bit....to that i can agree.

but i still find spreading misinformation is only going to screw everything up....me no like lying.

Did any of you hand wringers read the rest of the post he's not lying he was being sarcastic.

Harrumph! I knew that just as soon as he tried to make being 'raped by the devil' sound like a bad thing.

Totally agree with Kadakuda. IMO this whole thread has been a complete waste of time (bar a few humourous posts, and yes I think I must have missed the sarcasm the first time round - guess I'd rather pitch in with a little help just in case it was legit) because it hasnt helped stop fucktards posting cacti/mesc clips on youtube or reduced the risk of law changes (I gather that was the reasoning for the thread?). If people honestly did want to minimise the risk of these things being illegalised, forums such as this would be closed and taken offline so no one could read, learn, make fuckups and videotape them before chucking them on youtube (or any similar websites) - but where would we all be without this place? :P Fact of the matter is that there is just way too much info online that if those in charge of making the rules feel like amending them, IMO, they'd probably come to places like this or the Nook as well as places like youtube to see what the kids of today are getting up to.

It all seems a bit stupid to think that Youtube is the only (or at least the main) reason that is blamed for the banning of Sally (yes, it may have played a big part in it, but look at how many online forums also talked about sally and her effects at that point in time - would these not have been also well documented by the feds?). I have seen some mega dumbshit people on youtube advertising the effects of cacti. I've also seen shit about mushies, dmt, acid and all sorts of crap. Unfortunately a single post on this forum just isnt going to stop idiots being idiots IMO.

Youtube, plus bieng sold as alternative too weed is sure to raise eyebrows!!

Hey guys, i have heard 'stories' (thats what they maybe) of kids who have eaten brug and wound up in hospital with severe symptoms of poisoning, i wonder if there are stories about kids eating the wrong cactus.

Are there any stats on this?? i cant find any! not to say there aren't....

I do believe how ever that one day cactus, will go down that path, bieng made illegal, Aus wide

I just cant see the secret being hidden for too much longer..... so many people on this planet now!!

Youtube just bieng an example of this.

I read through this thread and i almost considered it appropriate not to post in it...I just think there is nothing more ridiculous than spreading the darkside of the cactus unless it gonna be made sticky and develop into part of the Forums ethos, hat being to code, to confabulate and to condescend. Although i think sarcasm is "really funny" i think the cactus spirits are a little underwhelmed by your praise and worship...and infact your derisive blasphemy may result in God raping you whilst the Satan watches from a whole in his stone prison.

I dont know much about the Youtube kids, but i think they are funny, and they will probably learn how to use cuctus better than most of the people who learn off the internet...ever had video feedback loops set up in your video camera that when you watch it back reality unfolds and explains its true nature to you???

Salvia is illegal cos its far to weird. Drugs arent gona get more illegal, maybe more difficult to obtain, but they will be available to priests of a very restricted caste. Most of us Neo-shaman experimental psychonauts are simply not fit to do the things we do, and i dont think i would feel bad realy anymore if i knew there was only a small group of people, with ilintergalactic communication bands opened up that need to remain free of fragmented consciousness to maintain data transfer. and certainly the negatively geared, paranoia and lack of emotional control that most drugs users experience is well below the threshold of purpose driven hive mind functions etc.

sometimes i feel like i want to shake of the dirt that is the drugs community's mental sphere and general message to the universe and start bleating like a sheep...

From what i understand in a nutshell, sal was greeted and videoed then uploaded to mainstream by some stupid punks and it got a fair bit of coverage in parts of the us. From this, certain people took it as evidence that she was being abused by youth and they decided sal wasn't allowed to visit anymore and she moved underground.

this is simplistic, but i think carries the gist.

A few of my friends met her but I never got the chance :(

Did any of you hand wringers read the rest of the post he's not lying he was being sarcastic.

first post yes, but somehow seemed to get a little more real.

Youtube, plus bieng sold as alternative too weed is sure to raise eyebrows!!

Hey guys, i have heard 'stories' (thats what they maybe) of kids who have eaten brug and wound up in hospital with severe symptoms of poisoning, i wonder if there are stories about kids eating the wrong cactus.

Are there any stats on this?? i cant find any! not to say there aren't....

I do believe how ever that one day cactus, will go down that path, bieng made illegal, Aus wide

I just cant see the secret being hidden for too much longer..... so many people on this planet now!!

Youtube just bieng an example of this.

one day? Peyote is illegal in AUS now, now? has been in the states for a long time, long before computers and youtube were around. only the indians and some hippies. my guess is it was probably partly to do with Schultes' research that helped the us gov find a way to ban it....Lets blame scientists and harvard :)

and cacti are, thankfully, a pretty safe drug in that if you fuck up an ID and eat the wrong one, nothing much will happen as cacti in general are fine to eat....if they mistake one for a Euphorbia, they may have trouble....but with cacti there is room for error, and error there will be! how many here have eaten a cereus.....honestly!?!?!

in my opinion, the gov is going to ban whatever it wants....governments have done this for hundreds of years, and will as long as we have them. they only difference now is they need to pretend its for a reason and find an excuse that some people will accept. hallucinating is a great excuse to ban stuff, unless its controlled and taxed.

so i guess i think its all going to be doomed. quite frankly, i always found pot, which is illegal, easier and cheaper than alcohol, which is legal and controlled by our gov. so as far as i am concerned, regardless of its legal status the difference to me is little...its always around....many of us know each other and trade amongst. i would rather be safe and discuss illegal things, than be retards and lie to people and they get hurt. cacti being illegal will most likely stop the retards (cause they cant google and buy it) and bring back some dignity to the people truly interested in the plant.

Yeh but it will also mean that those who are truly interested in the plant may be arrested for simply having the cacti sitting in the garden.

Peace

just got a flash of some mad doomsday style preparations involving waterpurification elixers, high energy carbo drinks which last forever, and little buring leafs stick which imprve stamina and reduce the need for water over in the short term.

dunno why it seemed relevant...short life span for dead beat...backup plan for the brains trust.

I love my trichs, and although it might surprise many here I have never munched on any of them.

I'd be really pissed off though if and when the curtain drops on them, and I think that it might be a good thing for collectors to be prepared beforehand with proof that they are not a threat to public health and safety. It'd much harder after legislation has already passed to have it changed, than it would b e to go full-throttle with challenges during the lead-up. The sally d thread is an example of this.

For pity's sake, if they start going down to the level of danger that cacti represent, then the supermarket and pharmacy selves should be emptied of many much more harmful pharmacologically-active chemicals. The cactus community should be ready to document the relative risks, and to challenge the reasoning behind any such move.

Additionally, I think that there would need to be a cost-benefit justification, as the expense of establishing and patrolling a ban would far outweigh the medical or even the personal cost to communities.

then the supermarket and pharmacy shelves should be emptied of many much more harmful pharmacologically-active chemicals.

so perhaps that's the direction we should take,

rather than trying to persuade the public that we the minority are correct and they the majority and the government are wrong show the dangers that the goverment is intentionally exposing them to in the name of the almighty dollar.

maybe a forum is needed that is only about the horrors of legal prescription drugs(is there any??) and how there is no way out of the dilemma they cause except to use more of their poisons to try to alleviate/conteract the effects, but basically your stuck for life.

gov work on fear , mis-information and distortion of the truth.

fight fire with fire

i've spoken wih nurses/doctors that have tried to collate data on the amount of prescription o.ds that come through weekly compared to "illegal" drug o.ds and have been warned/theatened off, same with the amount of knife attacks that are actually kitchen knives not the now banned hunting,collectors knives.

both studies are considered detrimental to your career.

p.s. i did get the sarcasm, actually thought at first the heading meant falling(tripping) over cactus which definitely aint fun :lol:

rather than trying to persuade the public that we the minority are correct and they the majority and the government are wrong show the dangers that the goverment is intentionally exposing them to in the name of the almighty dollar.

I don't think anyone denies that there are plenty of legal pharmaco substances that are dangerous (if used incorrectly) but the difference is what people will accept that risk for, so when most people think of mescaline, mushrooms etc they think of a bunch of kids tripping out for no benifit (spirituality doesn't come into it for most), and as such it is not worth the health risks (while they might get drunk for social lubrication...but lets not go down that road), but to relieve a headache, the slight risk posed by the correct use of paracetamol is seen as justified...if people then decide to take 12 a day until their liver finally caves, then that is abuse, the same as the difference between someone using speed once a month, and someone using 3 times a day... So it is the motivation of the use that has importance when weighing up the risk...and like I said, Im sure many people don't consider the spiritual aspect of the use of many of these drugs (they write all the claims of spiritually benificial psychedelic experiences as hippie bullshit).

Peace

i think other aspects of the cactus need to be explored and focused on and given more attention to, i believe that if u could extract the psychadelic compounds away from a hefty dose of pachanoi or bridgesii u would have a very marketable body tonic and cleanser.(unless these amazing effects ARE attributed to the compounds)

i have never felt healthier than after a dose of cactus. i believe it has great medical applications.id say many many applications, wasnt someone mentioning shampoo?

we all know what else they can do, carrying on about it as blatant as 'trippin' probably just hurts the plants reputation even further especially right now with suspicion (so it seems, im paranoid) in the aus ethno scene, authoritys and cops seem to be taking a bit more notice.people are getting stung and plants getting banned, which was the point of ur post.but again dragging a friend into the limelight. we r all gulilty, what can ya do? imagine what the medical field would discover if it where to be taken seriously. but anyways.

Whats with the pansy pants attitude towards fear...it seems that there is this INSANE (legal definition of one who has lost their freewill) hype that builds up, it ebbs and flows. the powers of darkness creep into the minds of those open just enough to possibilities yet not strong/wise enough to know how to approach the forces of their own mind. Confrontation need not be the only way however, simply knowing that the actions participated in by the mind are not personalized and are in fact entire events leading towards only a liberation in the natural cyclic time code.

It 's funny how people can take drugs and think they are opening up the secrets to the universe, downloading the vital information required to understand how to truely BE in the world. That is funny.

Whats isnt funny is how many of the same people share their opinions and think their words have weight, when it is obvious that fundamentally their entire world view balances on less than a thread of hair. Their is no validity in speech unless the entire network of understanding is understood.

Now i suppose one could say that the view points are required for specific events to exist, but i suppose this is also the reason these events ever come into creation.

Mainly what im trying to get accross is that the "aussie online ethno community" are separatted from nature, starving for the fear that has been denied them by the sterile 0/1 bubble they are aencapsulated within, sharing secrets in pseudo story formats awaiting an intelligent decipherer to come along and go ERRRRRRR these guys dont know ladeda about world politics.

They are coming for you...that we know...where they come from and where they take you has yet to be remembered.

:slap:

wakey wakey, rise and shine

im feeling quite uplifted

after a shot of whiskey and a tailor made darborette i am also feeling quite upslifted. next i think i will go and get myself down trodden so i can get uplifted once more, i shall probably continue practicing this seesaw balancing act until such time as i am objectively aware of its occurrence and then i shall simply become an entity not unlike our solar systems brightest excuse for a star, however still far more dense in the blonde sense of the understanding spectrum...ignorance is bliss and bliss is an addictive drug sold by the angel gabriel so you get hooked on thinking your alive and he can eat your fear for breakfast and doesnt feel so bad about changing the state of the being(squared) manipulated for the will of the glorious throne.

nothing makes sense to this little biscuit anymore. all i know is truth and when i come across the unknown i am bafled by the trickes being used to represent it. the material world is afraid of loosening its grip on stability, although a hot enough fire burns everything equally and the colour of the light being emitted depends mainly on the fuel being consumed.

The road to flying exists in the flame. the road to all pervasive compassion lies in the watery depths of the ego.

everything makes sense to this little cookie, all i know is falsity and when i stumble upon truth it is so veiled that i mistake it for my own blindness.

This episode of shaman street was proudly brought to you by the syllable "someone remind me about my past life karmic accumulations so i can make hilarious quips at the end of my posts. hoot".

hoot is way underrated as a thing.

I know what your doing Interdimensional...

...but it's only gonna work for so long!

What we NEED to do... is claim religous use of these plants! THATs the ONLY way they are gonna stay legal for more than 25 years.

I know what your doing Interdimensional...

...but it's only gonna work for so long!

What we NEED to do... is claim religous use of these plants! THATs the ONLY way they are gonna stay legal for more than 25 years.

That might work for you guys in the US maybe, but our constitution and how it is interpreted by the High Court does not IMHO give us much chance of success via that avenue.