The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlyPlanter

Tripping on cacti is not fun

Just in case you didn't know, Cacti trippin is like being raped by satan in hell.

Don't even consider it! A girl became facially disfigured after a single bite outa the side of a San Pedro and some guy's balls shriveled-up after trying it for the first time. Both were under the false impression that it was gonna be fun or interesting. Both reported it as being the worst experience of their lives and still get flashbacks of being raped by satan in hell! EVERY FUKKN NIGHT!

Please don't make youtube vids glamorising cacti trippin' or our beloved cacti will soon go the same way as Salvia did. Instead just grow them in peace and love without being a dickhead about it.

UNDERSTAND, YOU DUMBASS LITTLE PUNKS!!! It's FUCT!

Wow, Complete and total opposite reaction to my experiences w/ the Cacti.

What kind of cactus did you trip on and what method of ingestion?

I wouldn't eat it, but I have drank Cactus Tea, made ISO tar extract and have extracted the Mesc using the standard A/B tek and have had nothing but great results.

Almost as much fun as dancing w/ Lucy and more visual besides.

Sorry that you had such a negative experience as the cacti are generally very positive.

Just in case you didn't know, Cacti trippin is like being raped by satan in hell.

Don't even consider it! A girl became facially disfigured after a single bite outa the side of a San Pedro and some guy's balls shriveled-up after trying it for the first time. Both were under the false impression that it was gonna be fun or interesting. Both reported it as being the worst experience of their lives and still get flashbacks of being raped by satan in hell! EVERY FUKKN NIGHT!

Please don't make youtube vids glamorising cacti trippin' or our beloved cacti will soon go the same way as Salvia did. Instead just grow them in peace and love without being a dickhead about it.

UNDERSTAND, YOU DUMBASS LITTLE PUNKS!!! It's FUCT!

Hahahaha...

Wouldn't go as far to say getting raped by satan in hell but it certainly gave SWIM a kick up the ass into getting some aspects of life in order.

Wow, Complete and total opposite reaction to my experiences w/ the Cacti.

What kind of cactus did you trip on and what method of ingestion?

Dont worry mate you missed my point that's all.

A girl became facially disfigured after a single bite outa the side of a San Pedro and some guy's balls shriveled-up after trying it for the first time

Huh? Could you please elaborate on this sentence? One single bite of a T. pachanoi probably would not contain enough mescaline to trip on, let alone 'disfigure' one's face or shrivel one's balls...? The only thing I could put that down to is an allergic reaction, in which case they should be very careful even cultivating these cacti if thats the case.

Both were under the false impression that it was gonna be fun or interesting ... and still get flashbacks of being raped by satan in hell

Were these people aware that these cacti are treated as a sacred medicine, not a toy? And set and setting seems to ring bells right now too...

I thought it might be worth you mentioning to these people that flashbacks are also called hallucinogen persisting perception disorder, which seems relatively rare, however is caused by a traumatic experience whilst high on psychedelics. There may be info on the net about assisting in recovery from HPPD, however the wikipage doesnt hold much help in this regard. The best cure seems to be just keep away from these sort of experiences until the consumers have had enough time to learn from their experiences and overcome their fears.

Experiences like these are exactly why people should not treat any psychedelic as a toy. They are illegal for a reason (and although debatable), I think it does directly relate to incredibly negative experiences like these. I hope your friends recover soon and are able to continue growing cacti for the plants that they are and realise that there is much power that can be abused and that which can abuse right back.

Edit: My appologies, flashbacks are indeed distinct from HPPD and if the people who are suffering mentally would like to read up and learn more, please visit the links I have provided. Best wishes for recovery and I hope some lessons have been learnt.

Edited by Ace

There is definitely something to be said for discreet sharing of information around gifts from the mother...

I realy do'nt think misinformation helps anyone. As u can see from Shadows reply it can just cause more damage.

I think some form of discretion is a good thing.

I read it as veiled sarcasm, basically telling people who haven't got the intelligence for themselves to SHUT THE FUCK UP about chowing down so Sally D doesn't have someone come and stay with her...

Edited by gilligan

I read it as veiled sarcasm, basically telling people who haven't got the intelligence for themselves to SHUT THE FUCK UP about chowing down so Sally D doesn't have someone come and stay with her...

glad im not the only one who saw it for what it is.

but there is some truth behind it all. I mean cacti is not recreational in the slightest. It can be fun but it depends on what one considers fun and what price one is prepared to pay for said fun. i had to explain this all to someone just last night funnily enough.

Good point, Monkey Man!

I wish the information super highway were better suited to sarcasm and related subtleties. :rolleyes:

I read it as veiled sarcasm,

(Thinly veiled I thought) You're right on the money fellas, we gotta learn from what happened with Sally. If anything WE should be propagating misinformation, -just keeping a lid on things hey? We're only gonna keep people safe anyway.

I told some 'generation youtube' punks the other day there are san pedros growing everywhere but they don't do shit. hehe, that'll confuse 'em...

glad im not the only one who saw it for what it is.

:wink:

but there is some truth behind it all. I mean cacti is not recreational in the slightest. It can be fun but it depends on what one considers fun and what price one is prepared to pay for said fun. i had to explain this all to someone just last night funnily enough.

And from what I hear neither is Sal D... but those stupid fucking youtube videos played a nice hefty role in having it banned before I got to meet the lady in person.

MonkeyMan, I'd hope most of the people on this forum know that going and telling the world how they can 'trip' is a ridiculous idea for anyone who actually likes these plants and any potential uses of them.

It's just a pity that some people feel the urge to show off to the world.

Peace

A girl became facially disfigured after a single bite outa the side of a San Pedro and some guy's balls shriveled-up after trying it for the first time.

Oh god, I have not laughed this hard since the last time I.... oh wait :wink:

I cant help but think that if people had trouble seeing that as sarcasm it is no wonder people have problems being discreet.

It's a known fact that boiling certain species of cacti to create a tea actually destroys the desired alkaloids. And you need a permit in most countries to acquire the chemicals used in extractions.

cheers

i agree with the want to protect it....but ask yourselves, how did you come to find out they do what they do? somebody wrote it down and we read it.

It's a known fact that boiling certain species of cacti to create a tea actually destroys the desired alkaloids. And you need a permit in most countries to acquire the chemicals used in extractions.

cheers

Lol! Yeah Peaceful son, for the price you'd pay just for the illegal chemicals alone, you'd be better off with several carton's of Kev07s premix special.

i agree with the want to protect it....but ask yourselves, how did you come to find out they do what they do? somebody wrote it down and we read it.

Good point man, but it is also in the way the information is presented. A 'funny' video on YouTube that makes it look like the 'cool' thing to do, and like its just a harmless giggly visual trippy sort of thing is misinformation that is potentially dangerous and is not presented in the correct way to outline any dangers, and give a good idea of what one might be in for should one try any psychedelic.

Peace

Can someone please explain what happened to Sally (I know who she is).... and in what country?

It's a known fact that boiling certain species of cacti to create a tea actually destroys the desired alkaloids.

cheers

It is?

:scratchhead:

Can someone please explain what happened to Sally (I know who she is).... and in what country?

From what i understand in a nutshell, sal was greeted and videoed then uploaded to mainstream by some stupid punks and it got a fair bit of coverage in parts of the us. From this, certain people took it as evidence that she was being abused by youth and they decided sal wasn't allowed to visit anymore and she moved underground.

this is simplistic, but i think carries the gist.

Kada - i think the point is that a youtube video made by some fucked up kiddies out for a blast is a hell of a lot more denigrating to the issue than having it written down somewhere that you need to search for it. My thoughts - chances are that the people viewing the vid are less inclined to treat the issue with respect than those actually searching through literature and researching the topic?

I posted this in another thread a while ago and hopefully Interdimensional monkey dude can understand what I mean when I say that I can see a positive side to our drug laws.. Not sure that the positive outweighs the negative but anyway..

"It pisses me off that I can't get aya but then again I don't want little kids getting it and videotaping themselves chucking and posting it on you tube like they do in the US. It seems to me like they are profaning a plant that is sacred to some people and it pisses me off even more. I think Brazil has got it right! Make it legal for the churches and legal to grow and everyone else can fuck off! I would be happy with our laws if only I could actually grow the shit down here, it's almost impossible!"

I guess I'm selfish or something but often when I find a good thing I want to horde it and keep it to myself, especially knowledge. I can't stand the thought of ayahuasca becoming the next trend in Hollywood then having countless fucking morons wanting to drink ayahuasca to be like brad and angelina. If you think about what happened with scientology or bullshit interpretations of Kabbala one can imagine what would happen if ayahuasca became the latest trend, it scares me. Not sure it is entirely selfishness though, something in the pit of my stomach just tells me this is wrong. Apparently Jude Law and other famous hollywood actors are getting into it now so hold on to your sense of identity.

Edited by baphomet