The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
misteek

shipping spore prints overseas

hello all,

Would i face any trouble shipping a sporeprint (or two) to france? any help would be greaatly appreciated :).

I don't think you could ever really get in trouble for sending spore prints anywhere...

I could be wrong tho... France is a funny place, those fuckers made Caapi illegal, and for that, I shall never forgive them.

Edited by Teotz'

hello all, Would i face any trouble shipping a sporeprint (or two) to france? any help would be greaatly appreciated

I can't see how you could get into trouble just sending prints in a regular envelope.

I'm pretty sure its only parcels they want id for when sending international.

Print it on the inside of an empty envelope and just post the whole envelope empty. Wonder if they'd detect that?

hello all,

Would i face any trouble shipping a sporeprint (or two) to france? any help would be greaatly appreciated :).

Not if you don't put a return address on the envelope! There are probably rules about sending stuff (and certainly rules for the recipient) but... it will probably be fine. I once sent large package of fungi cultures internationally - it arrived ok with no probs. Doesn’t make it the right thing to do though.... ;)

:)

Teotz you really should not give advice if you don't know the law.

Psilocybe spore prints are border controlled under the criminal code act, so sending them is as illegal as receiving them.

Getting busted is less likely though as mail isn't checked much going out. However, it is indeed possible. The greatest risk is probably seizure at destination customs and tracing back to sender. Certain precautions [eg no address, no ID] can reduce the risk to negligible.

I didn't say it wasn't illegal, I just said I doubt you could ever get caught...

It's something the size of stamp (maybe a little bigger) and it just has a mushroom pattern on it....

People would have no clue what it was.

I mean... you wouldn't even have to put it in a package, you could mail it like a regular letter... how could you possibly get caught for that?

Plus, it contains no actual psilocybin.

Edited by Teotz'

wrong Teotz. Not getting caught depends on what precautions you take. if you put your name on it or some other identifiable mark, then you can get into trouble. The other replies all qualified this. ie they said the same thing, but made sure that basic precautions would be adhered to.

You can do almost anything without getting caught - it always depends on what precautions you take.

^Quote Torsten,

"You can do almost anything without getting caught - it always depends on what precautions you take."

Which Includes NOT licking the stamps! Thats just a ready made DNA swipe for the feds! :o

Remember Ppl, Go get some of those peel off sticky ones :wink:

Remember Ppl, Go get some of those peel off sticky ones :wink:

And DON'T wear latex gloves when applying them.

And DON'T wear latex gloves when applying them.

may i ask why that is? so just don't wear latex gloves?

would they really go that far though for one spore print? i doubt they'd charge you though but then again this is france were talking about.

may i ask why that is? so just don't wear latex gloves?

get some clear sticky/packing tape [the one from auspost is perfect] and get another person to hold a piece stretched out.

Put on tight latex glove. Then touch the sticky tape on the sticky side and see the PERFECT print you have left.

If you want to not leave prints, but need the dexterity of latex gloves, then slip on some thin cotton gloves underneath the latex gloves. Those thin white cotton gloves can be bought from lab supplies, art & craft shops, and presumably mime shops :rolleyes:

mime shops... yeah i'll go to my local mime shop and get some mime gloves. Because there are tonnes of mime shops around here.

I remember reading a customs document on the net about numbers of spore prints/spore solutions siezed by customs and there were at least a few hundred every year. AFAIK spores are illegal despite them not having psilocybin, and im sure they could get siezed, although i doubt they'd charge you with anything as long as you otherwise had your nose clean. Remember bluemeanie had a visit from the cops after spore prints were siezed in the interstate mail i think.

How would a print be detected on a piece of paper in a envelope?

I doubt it would be. But a square of foil, like most prints are on would look a bit weird in a scanner. I know it makes it through most of the time but when a friend of mine sent a few wild sub prints recently he used butcher's paper print paper instead of foil for that reason. He didn't want to put heat on anyone no matter how low the risk

Edited by Undergrounder

AFAIK spores are illegal despite them not having psilocybin

Correct. Spores are part of the genus and the genus is listed in the federal criminal code act. This includes all parts, regardless of whether they contains psilox.

although i doubt they'd charge you with anything as long as you otherwise had your nose clean.

Several people in australia have been charged with and convicted of importation of Psilo spores.

How would a print be detected on a piece of paper in a envelope?

By opening up the envelope and looking inside. Which by the way regularly happens with standard letter mail coming into australia.

although i doubt they'd charge you with anything as long as you otherwise had your nose clean.

Several people in australia have been charged with and convicted of importation of Psilo spores.

But what of local mail? As oppoesd to importation. I know its possible under the law, but have you heard of anyone being charged after siezing mail in the local system? I would imagine the local system would be slightlty less policed, with less local expertise than the mail coming through customs. The only story i've heard of is bluemeanie's, where (i think) they intercepted a spore print, paid his house a visit, asked him a few questions and left without charging him.

I am not aware of any local mail interceptions of spores, although these are quite possible in Tas and WA. But that wasn't what the topic was about...

Lucky, I had a print go missing after ordering one from an overseas online shop. No visit or customs letter, phew :huh: . AFOAF has sent a few locally with no worries, however that doesn't mean that you couldn't get busted. Like Trsten said..."precautions"

If you are a goodie goodie in the eyes of customs and they intercept a print to you then they will probably send you a letter to let you know you are breaking the law. If you are already under surveillance or at least under serious suspicion then customs will simply seize the print and not tell you. They then wait for other things to arrive in the mail so they can establish a 'pattern of illegal activity' which makes it harder for you to fight charges in court.

Non arrival of illegal items should never be assumed to simply be 'lost mail'.

so sending a print overseas to france = bad idea? lol maybe if it doesnt actually look like a print. example - if you printed it over a stencil of a letter or something onto a document of some kind?

so sending a print overseas to france = bad idea? lol maybe if it doesnt actually look like a print. example - if you printed it over a stencil of a letter or something onto a document of some kind?

There is NO possible way of being caught, if you send it in a regular envelope, with NO real return address or traceable details.

The worry lies with the recipient, period.

If you are already under surveillance or at least under serious suspicion then customs will simply seize the print and not tell you.

Nice, so I guess I should assume they've got my number. It's all good I am a goodie goodie. :lol: I doubt the senders copped any flack from Oz customs and they're a registered bussiness somewhere. The French don't have jurisdiction here and I doubt a single spore print would spark an international collaborated investigation like kilo's of ice and E from Canada.

There is NO possible way of being caught, if you send it in a regular envelope, with NO real return address or traceable details.

The worry lies with the recipient, period.

They would most porbably just ask the reciver who the sender was. And most of the time they would porbably sacrfice some unknown guy (or girl) for perhaps some smaller sentence.

Seing as though you porbably recived some sort of payemnt or something the person has your details. I tjhink they'd sacrfice you and uyour hole fmaily for 100$ or one day less in prison.