The Corroboree
whit3rabbit

Alcohol

coopers red or green for me these days only. and only really on hot days especially after a hot day of work. Nothing cools you down faster plus u get really pissed. bonus.

cant drink beer during cold weather, i just dont like the taste that much, plus cant convince my body to drink so much liquid when its not hot?!

i find coopers to be the best tasting,potent beer going around for me.

Not a spirit or wine drinker(anymore)

i used to drink cheap burbon,vodka,rum-whatever i could get my hands on when i was younger.

My fav was getting really stonkered at clubs till about 12am then just drink black sambucca, and have sambucca bongs (where u light em up, stick em on ur forhead like a tool, then suck up the vapors out of the empty glass through a straw. U wouldnt think the sammy would be getting u as shattered as it was, as u kinda trip a bit as u start getting completely gutted on black sambucca, then all of a sudden, outta the bucca trip.. SLAMMO! total loss of co-ordination, speach etc just a big black hole!!!

most times id wake up in the weirdest of places haha.

i really am an anoying imature unit when i am drunk, so i kinda dont miss my drinking days.

had alot of fun though.

lived in a 'rugby' house once with some rugby lads whom i played with bak in z day, and they were hardcore pissheads. abhored any form of drugs but really fuked themself up on alcohol. One of their favorite drinking games was to 'drink a funnel' a long clear hose attatched to a funnel which held a bit over a longneck. These guys would skull beer, wine, flaggons etc then run onto the main road in front of our house((warringah road) and spin round and round till they spewed(spewing in a circle around them), always a spew full of kebabs,curry, hotdogs etc, usual after pub diet and make what theyd call a 'donut' of spew on the road , then take photos.

anyways the donut progressed in size as each dude took turn skulling and spewing in the same spot, until the spew donut was deemed high enough and thick enough..!!

there other patime i enjoyed was 'nude runs' where they would run drunk, often after making the donut up and down the main street

one got arrested once for exposing himself, mostly got beeps of amused morning travellers though!!

oh and the garbage truck who slowed down for one and when he jumped on continued with him naked into forestville !laughing all the way at him!

Give me an imported lager..Stella, Corona, Lauwenbrow sp? ect

you can ussually find one on special that is about the same price as domestic beers.

I find most oz brewed beers to be rather bitter, making them harder to drink than european beers, europeans use hops that are highly aromatic and have less bitterness the smell sometimes reminds me of her sister mary.

Anyone else drink Absinthe? :wacko:

Gotta support yer local, every1 here pretty much drinks Coopers Pale Ale as the standard drink. I dont like it THAT muchy pretty uh heavy or whatever, I like the Sparkling Ale more. Also a big fan of imported beers, Stella or Carlsberg "Probably the best beer in the world" :D

And Amsterdam Larger is pretty good and cheap for a carton, so me likey. Can't stand mixy drinks usually. Too expensive anyway, and they're always so sweet n shit, they're bloody chicks drinks, sorry.

I like to drink straight vodka with chasers, provided its good vodka that u can drink down like water, not the shit that burns forever and tastes shit. and good ol' CC n cola i guess is pretty good.

Beerbongs, it doesnt really matter what yer drinking.

Lately i've been a cheap fucker and just buying goon, is cheap and gets ya drunk, whatever.

good thing i don't drink too much, I have a feeling that this social activity along with many others I perform for the sake of it, are detracting from my goal of, wising the fuck up and being a positive contribution to society. When you're drunk or stoned, everything is cool and change is not a priority.

PS. Oh yeah I occasionally drink Absinthe, I feel like a rich fucker from the victorian era or sumshit when i drink it.. kinda feels to snobbish for myself, but then I hear all the cool bugeoise(sp?) artists used to drink it, so i wanna be cool. Then ya have Marilyn Manson and co. bringing it back in vogue. AFAIK, Absinthe was the shit way back when, got made illegal.. illeagilty creates hype.. Plus insanity and hallucinations are what ppl want these days, was big for a tiny while.. now no1 cares anymore. It's just a really tasty very alcoholic drink.. i doubt any1 actually 'trips' off it.

Guest onemind

readiijng make me fee sik'

drunk 3 bottles of red and ber feall sick happy new yr

anyone ever tried this one:

The effect of drinking a Pangalactic Gargleblaster is like having your

brains smashed out with a slice of lemon, wrapped 'round a large gold

brick" - Douglas Adams

OK, our recipie is: El Jimador tequila, Absinthe & Goldshlager (gotta

represent the gold brick somehow) Shaken on Ice, served in a Martini glass

& garnished (of course) with a slice of lemon. Limit, 2 per customer...;-)

COS I HAVEN'T

T you should have a crack at brewing your own pale ale(with brew enhancer No.2).

Man I love it and I get no ill-effects,yet the odd commercial six-pack makes me crook which I put down to "wheat cross-contamination" from their other production lines over gluten,as barley is in the big 4.....hmmm :wink: ...plus the sediment contains the hangover cure-yeast excrement...b group vitamins!

and god said "let there be beer.....and there was :lol: "

It is so hard to pinpoint a favourite drink, ilove them all.

I have been drinking a lot of good scotch and bourbon. Wild Turkey n coke has to be my fav spirit but i will always fall back on beer, namely Coopers red.

Has anyone ever drank MEKONG? It some crazy stuff from Thailand that i have heard contains natural amphetamines.

It is definately a different experience, it has its negative points with me though as i seem to go a bit wild on it. But if your looking to drown your sorrows in a bottle it comes well reccomended,especially as it only costs $17 a bottle. I think it is a whiskey type of drink. Great with ice and soda. Asain grocery stores sometimes stock it in Melbourne but it is hard to find.

Well upon recommendation I tried the Chimay Blue and must say I am sincerely impressed!

A very earthy beer with a understated pleasantness.

I would happily pay the premium to drink this again.

chimay blue is very nice, no arguments there, but it's very rich...my favourite is the chimay tripel (white)

If im just sitting around enjoying myself and having a quite one, i can't go past benedictine! But if im in the mood i particularly like Cuervo Especial tequila straight or mixed in margarita(spelling?) form!

gomaos I completely forgot about the Pangalactic Gargleblaster. Some friends and I tried some before, but we used a different recipe, all the recipes online are pretty much the same with slight differences. That was a while back, I think its about time we did it again :lol: .

I had my bottle of Dambuie on NYE, and I was shocked to find it tasting like licorice. Ive had heaps before, and its never tasted like that. Im thinking it may have something to do with age because what I've drank before has all been from bottles older than 3 or 4 years, and this bottle was bought the day before. Anyone understand what I mean?

I love Mezcal shots with salt and lime.

Johnny Walker rocks or coke.

Coopers, Guiness, Caronas, Stella Artois and Little Creatures are my beers.

I like full bodied reds so mainly shiraz and cab sav, dry whites so chardonay, semillon and verdehlo - dry sparklings as well.

Cocktails - Daiquiris (lime or mango ones), Lime Margaritas and Tequila Sunrises.

But I've quit drinking for 3 months (new years resolution) for various reasons so I probably shouldn't think about it hehe.

I LOVE beer. Australian brewers like James Squire, Coopers and Matilda Bay. Belgians are awesome but expensive, my favourite being Duvel or Leffe Blonde (try these too Tripi :)). The BEST beer in my opinion is a quality German wheat-beer. Weihenstephaner, Erdinger or Schoffer Hoffer. And make sure they're cloudy.

I like nice wine but don't like too much in one night. I like most styles but love aged Shiraz or a quality young Pinot Gris or Sauvignon Blanc.

I buy it so rarely but single-malt scotch is another of my favs. The Macallan being the one I like best. Like Benz though, I make a bottle last months :)

And black sambucca shots with a ciggie!

A finely made mojito in a cocktail bar!

A gin and tonic on a summer afternoon! (AND they glow under UV)

And I like to make homebrew. My favourite has been a wheat-beer with orange zest and coriander - made to emulate Hoegaarden's Witbier and nay too shabby to say so myself :)

Im gunna move to perth just so I can use that :lol:

Has anyone ever drank MEKONG? It some crazy stuff from Thailand that i have heard contains natural amphetamines.

It is definately a different experience, it has its negative points with me though as i seem to go a bit wild on it. But if your looking to drown your sorrows in a bottle it comes well reccomended,especially as it only costs $17 a bottle. I think it is a whiskey type of drink. Great with ice and soda. Asain grocery stores sometimes stock it in Melbourne but it is hard to find.

Yeah, have had Mekong. It's a rice based "whiskey". Tastes more like rum. fallacy in regards to it containing amphetamines. Have bought Mekong for $13, tucked away amongst vinegars soy sauce and Thai style red bull in the back of asian grocer. Give thai red bull a go, non carbonated.

Yeah, have had Mekong. It's a rice based "whiskey". Tastes more like rum. fallacy in regards to it containing amphetamines. Have bought Mekong for $13, tucked away amongst vinegars soy sauce and Thai style red bull in the back of asian grocer. Give thai red bull a go, non carbonated.

That reminds me...my dad used to work as a journalist with 4-corners in the 70's and he related a story to me where whilst filming there they had to clean their teeth with whisky as the water from the Mekong was so full bugs it would put you into a fever for nearly a week...if it didn't kill you!!

That reminds me...my dad used to work as a journalist with 4-corners in the 70's and he related a story to me where whilst filming there they had to clean their teeth with whisky as the water from the Mekong was so full bugs it would put you into a fever for nearly a week...if it didn't kill you!!

With the shortage of water quantity starting to impact water quality...may have to start doing this as well. Will see if the grocer can place mekong on same shelf as dental products!