The Corroboree
incognito

ethnobot fishing trip.

was wondering if there would be any interest within the community to hire a charter boat for a deepsea fishing trip(nthrn rivers area -suggestions?? (teo and andy amine, im lookin at u guys, i know u love ur fishin'!)I am absolutely itching to go, ive re-caught the fishing bug something fierce and have such fond memories of deep sea fishing,, and would love to go out and catch a few eskys full of fish to live of for a while.

Im figuring that if we can round up around 8 guys and gals it shouldnt be THAT expensive, plus i rekon that the amount of fish u catch roughly equals the fee that u pay to charter z boat plus heapsa piscatorial fun!!

mayee we could have a few beers and wot-not :bong::shroomer: afterwards!!!

anyhoo, if enuff interested is generated i will start trcking down and pricing charter boats.

cheers,

-jono :)

Go instantly.

Just make sure all life vests are on. And the safety raft[inflatable] on board.

A charter boat would know the best fishing areas at the times of day.

Deep sea fishing..

Maybe a cod or grouper.

A nice fish is the giant flounder.

Turbot, kind of like swordfish in taste.

But the smaller flounder is much better tasting and doesn't take much to catch even of a land based extension..

• Like 1

id be quite happy with some pearl perch, snapper, or coral trout...mmmm coral trout :drool:

hell yeah im keen, got not time till the end of the year but and that doesnt mean ill have money:( keep me informed but. Perhaps a barra trip upto the gulf aswell, could collect shit loads of lotus and lilly flowers from the billabongs.

I'd love to go..

Havent been a big lover of fish but then again I dont always get good oppurtunity's to try different sorts.

aatweedprincess3.jpg

THIS is what you can hire on the tweed for 12 people for 3 nights at $50 a night each. of course, this isnt for fishing outside; i thought it may be another watersport for comparison.

Deep Sea Charter

looks like its $120 each for a whole day if theres 15 of you?

Edited by Bacchant

Perhaps a barra trip upto the gulf aswell, could collect shit loads of lotus and lilly flowers from the billabongs.

cool teo, i will watch out for z crocs(from afar) while u are wading chest deep in the water!!!

i wonder how many of their fellow tribesmen the natives lost obtaining the lilly flowers!!!

baccness i rekon a half day fishing would be enough.ive had a look about and you would be looking at anything from 90 buks to 150 per person. Id say ill hafto book soon, as no doubt they book out fast come the holiday period. ok so numbers are-jono and dodie, teo perhaps?? 2 definates!weekend of course to avoid work commitments. 6 more to go!

up u come hebrew its time u had a holiday!!!

:wink:

thats 4, and my partner makes 5, actually ill con joe the rainforest dude into going, so thats 6-

sooo what date would suit? dodie, dom? anyone else keen?

id be more keen for the tweed mission, but dammit whats that huge river u drive over between syndey and newcastle, is it the 'hawksbury'?. Ive heard good things about house boat shennanigans along the 'hawksbury'.

been wanting to do it for yonks.. Hey baccie, maybe a welcome back SnE mission just before or after xmas.

but we will have to lock sophie inside the boat whilst we fish cause she will telepathically communicate our hungry tummies if we dont.

theres some big lizards in that there river!

As for the nrth coast mission, sounds grand, but maybe once we have settled up that way and have some moolah to spare.

mmmm coral trout :drool:

Edited by ({E})

Id love to but you guys are a long way from me, and i do prefer stalking trout/blackfish or surf fishing for big sea salmon and mullet.

awww crap!!!

i believe flights are hell cheaper than driving up here..i am happy to do the airport pikups and ferrying around..as for accomadation i could suss a camping ground close to the charter port (when i find a suitable charter) i have found a good service that runs out of Brunswick which is relatively cheap. 80 buks per person for 1/2 day) and they come very well recommended.U keep all the fish u catch, and this guys fish-keep is litterally overflowing upon return :drool:

anyhoo let me know if anyone else is keen..Gom, Tarn? Darcy i saw u reading this post!!

haha jono

man i wish i could come fishing with guys

i am the same as bluemeanie we are just too far away

Sounds like a fun trip, if you left the animal slaughtering out of it. :P

Fish have an equivalent concentration of nerve endings in their mouth and lips, as human's have in their genitals. Ever put a fishing hook into your genitals? Me neither! :wink:

Their brain also uses the same pain-receptor chemical as humans, I do believe. So you could conclude they experience pain akin to the way we do...

(sorry, that's my little vegan rant for the day) :)

Ill let you know mate.., Im very bad with keeping these kinds of dates. LOL.

If its only 2 or 3 of us maybe we could take my old mans boat out one time? I jst got to go get my licence..

He takes it out to the 35's all the time and brings back Snapper, Wahoo, big flathead, mud/swimmer crabs, prawns and all sorts of stuff I cant remember the name of...

In the U.S thea croc skin which is illegal.

Simply take a axe an cut off the tail for meat.

Dry white breast chicken taste as reported.

My viewpoint is to eat a predeator and somehow theres a communicatiom, maybe urine, who knows.

Thats different than poaching for skins or meat.

Sounds like a fun trip, if you left the animal slaughtering out of it. :P

Fish have an equivalent concentration of nerve endings in their mouth and lips, as human's have in their genitals. Ever put a fishing hook into your genitals? Me neither! :wink:

Their brain also uses the same pain-receptor chemical as humans, I do believe. So you could conclude they experience pain akin to the way we do...

(sorry, that's my little vegan rant for the day) :)

i am glad that u have highlighted the sensitivity of a fishes mouth in comparison with my testicles benzito. To think that i used to feel bad for hooking them through their eyeballs!! :rolleyes:

Seriously though , i abhor animal cruelty,and the unnecessary death of any living thing. and 'dispatch' of my fish as soon as its landed.(sportsfishing to me fits ur ethos of torturing and slaughtering)

I feel NO guilt whatsoever in catching/killing food for my family(sustainably-of course)

I respect ur decision of being a vegen, i love vegetarian/vegan food also, I just dont find it very filling.

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

On that note, anyone else keen ??

we shoudl all definately catch up -either way, let me know when any of you are in melbourne. WHich is wear i current reside.

id be up for it but shot myself in the foot with my wallet so to speak :( unless ofcourse somthing hapens with E's suggestion LOL

yall have a good one :)

I've been contemplating a fishing trip for some time...a mate's been telling me tales of his time as a deep sea angler, sounds great, but alas, too far away :(

Any Sydney-siders up for a day trip North of sydney...say, Hawkesbury/Kuringai way? Even just a few hand lines off the end of a jetty would be fun....and maybe a bushwalk...anyone familiar wth 'The Basin'?

Any Sydney-siders up for a day trip North of sydney...say, Hawkesbury/Kuringai way? Even just a few hand lines off the end of a jetty would be fun....and maybe a bushwalk...anyone familiar wth 'The Basin'?

I've done a bit of exploring around there. Where's The Basin?

COME DOWN TO TASSIE!

big game fishing from december to march. Start off with yellowfin tuna and marlin, followed by mako shark and albacore tuna, (the chicken of the sea), and finish off the season with big bluefin.

and there is always the abalone, crayfish and scallops :lol: I LOVE my seafood

post-850-1159918760_thumb.jpg

post-850-1159918796_thumb.jpg