The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psylo

Should Psylo be banned from SAB?

Should Psylo be banned from SAB?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Threatening to sue someone on the internet is like telling the lady who just sold you a chicken roll, your going to 60 minutes about the quality of the roll. 99/100 they are full of shit and the 1 time, no one else cares about there petty issues.

Dont block Pyslo, dont anything him. Blocking him is a stronger statement then he deserves.

Like i said, everyone of our mod Team treated Psylo with Respect and this sudden Outbreak had nothing to do with us or anything that WE did. This is not even about his Postings. I couldnt care less about pyslos postings. Its just that he´s trying to bully the forum around and im glad that Torsten has such a good legal Team. Apart from this, I actually think that Psylo understands how ridiculous this is and doesnt pull through. And if he does; well we did nothing wrong and im sure everyone else will see it the same way. bye Eg

A while ago on another forum i frequent, we had a legal issue that threatened to close the forum. The forum was american based but hosted in canada. When push came to shove it was too hard for a govenment agency to be able to legals close a forum that was hosted in a different contry as it was an international law.

Wouldnt this be the same case here? i mean even though we are aussie based we are hosted overseas. Doesn't this mean any legal action would have to be done internationally and there fore ridiculously expensive.

I think he is all piss and vinegar he is just making empty threats. For someone to act like that

its just a revenge tactic. The chances of him getting a legal firm to take it on are slim to nil.

Psylo if your reading this dude WTF man dont be a clown and spoil it for all of us

all this talk of legal action and destroying threads I thought you were better than

that. Many of us here are still your friends sort of ( and are worried about you )

but we are a great community and if you dont want to be a part of it fine. Then leave

quietly and show the respect i showed you.

Wouldnt this be the same case here? i mean even though we are aussie based we are hosted overseas. Doesn't this mean any legal action would have to be done internationally and there fore ridiculously expensive.

yes, amongst many other issues. anyway, might be a good idea to test the robustness of my legal position. better with someone like him who has so much to lose if he pisses me off too much than with some stranger ;)

Psylo in a strange way was abit of a wake-up call for me. Sometimes i suppose a few years back i used to say the odd strange thing for no real constructive reason. I still say odd things but only when it feels right, not really to play some sort of moral battleground or competition of wits and argument against my peers.

I suppose in some ways how you post really dictates mayby your underlying mental state. Certainly i dont think i wanted to or wound people up as much as other larger identities here but mayby the underlying mental state of quarter trolling if i can affectionately call it that is a power basis, self substantiation, attention and heirachy needs.

Anyway when Psylo first joined he PM'd me. Without divulging what he said as i respect privacy of the PM, the idea strongly put to me was it is not what is said it is how it is said. I suppose he joined and noticed me, for whatever reason. I took onboard what a proverbial stranger said. Looking back i probably realise at that time, if anytime i may have had personal issues, or simply maturity issues that are reflected in posting style.

Fast forward, not logging on so much in the last year or two i would see occasionally Pyslo climbing onboard the forum full speed ahead, and at times i often wondered why the hell he sent me a PM about advice when from what i saw he made me look like a fairyfloss feather duster.

Anyway, if your reading this Psylo, cheers for the PM. I probably only saw a handful of your posts as our timing was off. I did see when one of our members had a issue here and you phoned them to help, i thought that was good and probably shows an underlying quality within. However evaluating you on the final post one implies "delusions of granduer", paranoid thinking and symptoms.

"Should I be banned from SAB?''.This indicates a more stable approach, the I not devaluating yourself.

"Should Psylo be banned from.......'' Indicates a mindset where now you have now become the fictional character Psylo, you have now referred to yourself in 3rd party, thus confusing your self made idea of fact and fiction, simply fracturing your last holds on reality, thus now plummeting into a detached and emotionally void area of your psych.

You came into the forum as I and left as Psylo, thus your mind will always be Psylo, recognising this detachment, it stuggled to work out how to cope and thus the mechanism of being the victim was established through artificial means, this manifested itself through detachment from I, yourself by deleting what is now Psylo, without the evidence of proof, which establishes blame, one can then wear the mask of victim an happily detach from reality. The final legal action is now merely a victims bark, which in real life may create a newly formed case of "Borderline personality disorder".

Unfortunately we may never know what happens next, case studies in Internet psychology are rare, i believe one day people will be screened firstly on popular sites like Facebook and irregularities noted, these bio -posts will be a key indicator of mental health. If i was into shares one day i would look closely at any plausable mental health companies, as it is totally likely that with the ever growing future, more people, more fast, more more more......billions of people are going to lose thier bananas.

"Should Psylo be banned from.......'' Indicates a mindset where now you have now become the fictional character Psylo, you

have now referred to yourself in 3rd party, thus confusing your self made idea of fact and fiction, simply fracturing your last

holds on reality, thus now plummeting into a detached and emotionally void area of your psych.

Or maybe it's because he has multiple accounts, and it was a slip.

Is there a way to check for multiple accounts , do you scan for multiple accounts or can someone use Tor to access the site

and have complete anonymity

red there are ways to check but they can all be circumvented. (use a different email address, use a different web browser and/or zap your cookies, use a proxy to hide your IP, etc)

I did see when one of our members had a issue here and you phoned them to help, i thought that was good and probably shows an underlying quality within.

I remember this also, and although I was not the member who he phoned to help, I've had similar experiences with Psylo: He has been very kind to me and has helped me out both by being supportive via email when I was facing some fairly serious depressive episodes, and also providing some practical assistance in helping me find things I was looking for (I'm talking about information on music production and stuff, not substances, just to be clear).

I don't know him personally, and I don't know a lot of what happens between members of this forum because I suppose I'm a fairly superficial member. I just like to browse and make the occasional comment.

I'd just like to point out what Santiago said (the bit I quoted above) because I think it's worth giving credit where it's due. Real, compassionate action deserves to be noted.

i totally disagree, i think Psylo in a strange way was abit of a wake-up call for me. Sometimes i suppose a few years back i used to say the odd strange thing for no real constructive reason. I still say odd things but only when it feels right, not really to play some sort of moral battleground or competition of wits and argument against my peers.

I suppose in some ways how you post really dictates mayby your underlying mental state. Certainly i dont think i wanted to or wound people up as much as other larger identities here but mayby the underlying mental state of quarter trolling if i can affectionately call it that is a power basis, self substantiation, attention and heirachy needs.

Anyway when Psylo first joined he PM'd me. Without divulging what he said as i respect privacy of the PM, the idea strongly put to me was it is not what is said it is how it is said. I suppose he joined and noticed me, for whatever reason. I took onboard what a proverbial stranger said. Looking back i probably realise at that time, if anytime i may have had personal issues, or simply maturity issues that are reflected in posting style.

Fast forward, not logging on so much in the last year or two i would see occasionally Pyslo climbing onboard the forum full speed ahead, and at times i often wondered why the hell he sent me a PM about advice when from what i saw he made me look like a fairyfloss feather duster.

Anyway, if your reading this Psylo, cheers for the PM. I probably only saw a handful of your posts as our timing was off. I did see when one of our members had a issue here and you phoned them to help, i thought that was good and probably shows an underlying quality within. However evaluating you on the final post one implies "delusions of granduer", paranoid thinking and symptoms.

"Should I be banned from SAB?''.This indicates a more stable approach, the I not devaluating yourself.

"Should Psylo be banned from.......'' Indicates a mindset where now you have now become the fictional character Psylo, you have now referred to yourself in 3rd party, thus confusing your self made idea of fact and fiction, simply fracturing your last holds on reality, thus now plummeting into a detached and emotionally void area of your psych.

You came into the forum as I and left as Psylo, thus your mind will always be Psylo, recognising this detachment, it stuggled to work out how to cope and thus the mechanism of being the victim was established through artificial means, this manifested itself through detachment from I, yourself by deleting what is now Psylo, without the evidence of proof, which establishes blame, one can then wear the mask of victim an happily detach from reality. The final legal action is now merely a victims bark, which in real life may create a newly formed case of "Borderline personality disorder".

Unfortunately we may never know what happens next, case studies in Internet psychology are rare, i believe one day people will be screened firstly on popular sites like Facebook and irregularities noted, these bio -posts will be a key indicator of mental health. If i was into shares one day i would look closely at any plausable mental health companies, as it is totally likely that with the ever growing future, more people, more fast, more more more......billions of people are going to lose thier bananas.

i have many important things to do, but i wish i could elaborate upon this most pressing problem further.

book and documentary pending.

Hallelujah.

red there are ways to check but they can all be circumvented. (use a different email address, use a different web browser and/or zap your cookies, use a proxy to hide your IP, etc)

Yeah but there are (somewhat dubious) methods that can be employed to probe the CPU identification number :devil:

Edit: perhaps a custom implementation of mac filtering would be a more socially acceptable (legal) way to identify some of the less accomplished anarchists.

Well im going to miss psylo, out of every one i knew. He was the only person to send me a "hug a redhead day"

present. So stay safe out there psylo thanks for all the trades and advice

'There was a little (girl) boy who had a little curl right in the middle of (her) his forehead , when he was good, he was very good, but when he was bad...he was horrid !'

If Psylo genuinely wants to be part of this community, the right way to go about it would be to send a - genuine - apology letter to Torsten and the other Admins for being a troublemaker, and stop the threats. I'm sure at that point negotiations could be made to allow him back, probably with some caveats at first. This can happen at any time in the future, doesn't have to be in the next week, though the negotiations get more difficult as time progresses.

However, even though he clearly has his good points, his disruptive nature is really bad for the community and there are only so many warnings you can give before you are forced to act. It's not like he got kicked out unexpectedly for no reason!

I'm happy to see him gone, if only because I was on the receiving end of his unwarranted abuse. As soon as he realised I wasn't going to play his game, he became really disruptive and ended up getting a warning. He pretty much left me alone after that, which was good I'm not here to fight wars with hyper-aggressive strangers and I seriously considered leaving (as did a few other members as I recall).

There are very few rules we have to play by, but the most important one of all is respect for all the other members in the community - and Psylo broke that one consistently and often.

Curiously, I just came across this thread over at The Guardian. This is for Psylo primarily, but also for anyone who believs in a right to privacy. It's been open for comments for a few days already so it will probably close soon.

I actually have some sympathy in some cases, for example I closed my original Facebook account because a few people consistently posted images of me at festivals I didn't want published (not for legal reasons, I hasten to add).

When I signed up again, I was (first name.lastname.1) so I assume my original profile is still there in some form or other, just not accessible any more - I have a unique name, if anyone asks.

As far as the forums here goes, it's quite a bit different because the rules are much clearer and Admins will remove content at request if they feel it necessary - for legal reasons, or because it invades privacy - all you have to do is ask.

Anyway, Im off to fill in the forms over at The Guardian because I do believe in rights to privacy and its an interesting discussion BTL.

A growing number of people are claiming "the right to be forgotten" online - but removing your online profile from the internet isn't always easy as you'd think.

Charles Arthur, editor of Guardian technology, says: "You shouldn't put anything online you don't want to be visible to everyone forever. You can try to get stuff removed – and you might be lucky enough to succeed – but all someone has to do when they see a photo or web page is to copy the image or do a screenshot of the page, and that's your deletion efforts wasted."

The Guardian is investigating online profiles and deletion processes and we want to hear from those who have experience in trying to disappear from the web. Do you think sensitive personal data about yourself is too readily available online? Have you tried to delete your social media activity that is no longer relevant? Or have you tried to have press coverage about yourself erased?

Share your experiences with us anonymously by filling in the form below. You can also contact our news team directly by emailing ***

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2013/mar/25/delete-your-online-presence

If it's been archived by the Wayback machine, removing content from a forum would be futile.

Yeah but there are (somewhat dubious) methods that can be employed to probe the CPU identification number :devil:

Edit: perhaps a custom implementation of mac filtering would be a more socially acceptable (legal) way to identify some of the less accomplished anarchists.

If this is even possible it can also be circumvented...

Yeah it can easily be circumvented by a kiddie with a macchanger or by hwether, but if you know what to look for and know the in and outs of the mac addressing system anomalies are easy to spot.

& probing the CPU no. can be done in seconds with a bash script, obscuring the number takes a level of technical proficiency that I doubt psylo would have.

Correct. Through a browser, it's not really possible. Through a malicious executable - sure, but that required a targeted campaign and moreover - if you have a "CPU ID" - why not go the whole nine yards and just make it remote access malware? You then have _EVERYTHING_ (that's not encrypted. and even then.... you get the idea)

Mac address can be changed in seconds and aren't worth a damn on the real internet, they're a local thing.

Correct. Through a browser, it's not really possible. Through a malicious executable - sure, but that required a targeted campaign and moreover - if you have a "CPU ID" - why not go the whole nine yards and just make it remote access malware? You then have _EVERYTHING_ (that's not encrypted. and even then.... you get the idea)

Mac address can be changed in seconds and aren't worth a damn on the real internet, they're a local thing.

What if he's using ipv6 ?

Edit: The mac address is an integral part of the new addressing format - big brother is watching.

I did say probing the CPU ID is "dubious"

What if he's using ipv6 ?

Edit: The mac address is an integral part of the new addressing format - big brother is watching.

I did say probing the CPU ID is "dubious"

http://superuser.com/questions/243669/how-to-avoid-exposing-my-mac-address-when-using-ipv6

Additionally (I'm not saying this is hard/impossible) SAB doesn't support have any AAAA (IPv6) records which means it'd have to be obtained another way. Additionally most ISPs in Australia, from what I understand, don't support it yet so it's unlikely.

I'd agree with you on 'probing' only being slightly 'dubious' but I don't think the law would (running an unauthorized application/script and such).

Well I stand corrected, I was under the impression ipv6 was to be implemented in major Australian cities by mid 2012.

I'm stuck in the backwoods so I haven't stayed up to date with the rollout as I assumed it wouldn't get here for some time.

I am led to believe that we can part ways with psylo amicably if we all stop discussing him. I am happy to make this situation as uncomplicated as possible, so ask that everyone complies please. Neither psylo nor I need to waste any more time on this. To this end I will close this thread [and the other active psylo thread]. if there are issues in this thread that need to be discussed further that do NOT involve psylo then please start a new thread.

Because I would like to make sure everyone complies with this agreemet I am asking the mods to keep an eye out for any other mentions that might pop up, eg from members who might not be aware of the situation. Intentionally inflaming the situation will earn immediate temporary suspensions. If you need to raise any issues related to this situation please ask me or the mods how to proceed.