The Corroboree
gomaos

rivea corymbosa experiences?

Have many people here tried them?

from my (recent) experience, I have to say, it's probably the cleanest lsa there is...

absolutely no nausea or similar feelings, it appears to work solely on the brain and not on the stomach

(at a 30-seeds-dose), no feelings of fear and/or panic normally associated with lysergic compounds...

those old mexicans knew what was good...

can anyone confirm or deny this?

here's what wikipedia has to say about them:

Rivea corymbosa (common synonym: Turbina corymbosa), is a species of morning glory plants, native throughout Latin America from Mexico in the North to Peru in the South and widely naturalised elsewhere. It is a perennial climbing vine with white flowers, often planted as an ornamental plant. This plant also occurs in Cuba, where it usually blooms from early December to February. Its flowers secrete copious amount of nectar and the honey the bees make from it, is very clear and aromatic. It is considered one of the main honey plants from the island.

Known to natives of Mexico as Ololiuhqui (also spelled ololiuqui), its seeds, while little known outside of Mexico, were perhaps the most common hallucinogenic drug used by the natives.

In 1941, Richard Evans Schultes first identified ololiuhqui as Rivea corymbosa and the chemical composition was first described on August 18, 1960, in a paper by Dr. Albert Hofmann. The seeds contain ergine, an ergoline alkaloid similar in structure to LSD.

The Nahuatl word ololiuhqui means "round thing", and refers to the small, brown, oval seeds of the morning glory, not the plant itself, which is called coaxihuitl, "snake-plant", in Nahuatl, and hiedra or bejuco in the Spanish language. The seeds, in Spanish, are sometimes called semilla de la Virgen (seeds of the Virgin Mary).

The seeds are also used by Native curers in order to gain knowledge in curing practices and ritual, as well as the causes for the illness.

Edited by gomaos

About thirty seeds in addition to about three grams of cubensis provided to be very nice and enhanced the already aztecy feel that I get from cubes.

Visuals became even more focused on hallucinations I can only describe as aztec cogs, with snakes flowing through the gaps...

Didn't try rivea seeds yet but the FNQ Argyreia seeds are kicking!

strong euphoria in 4 seeds and 8 seeds blows you away...

and the germination rate is 80% (maybe more). :drool:

I wanted to try rivea but I still haven't, because im not sure how much I should take...

On a Dutch forum we tried to fiend out what a good dose is. <10 - 200 seeds were awnsers given on different sites. The site that mentioned <10 (Azarius) also stated that >10 seeds could kill you :S

Well im not really sure about that last statement but ok, always be carefull with new products :rolleyes:

well I'm no medic or something like that but i seriously doubt that 10 rivea seeds would kill anyone, except infants and toddlers, but they would eat them, since they're very bitter...

200 seeds seems way too much, perhaps 200 ipomoea violacea would be ok for heavy trippers but not rivea.

30 seems adequate...

fresh is best as always

more than likely exactly the same thing going on as with HBWR

fresh rivea is all that gom suggests it is

even with 15 its pleasant and above all, and SO important, even more than being potent - CLEAN!

after all a gnome can eat more to compensate for weakness but u cant do anything about dirty acid

it's probably the cleanest lsa there is...

absolutely no nausea or similar feelings, it appears to work solely on the brain and not on the stomach

(at a 30-seeds-dose), no feelings of fear and/or panic normally associated with lysergic compounds...

those old mexicans knew what was good...

can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'll confirm, my FOAF has had very positive experiences with Rivea, no nausea. My FOAF gets next to no fear/panic on Rivea as opposed to Acid which nearly always puts him in a bad place.

i've had similar experience with Olohliuqui, very clean, spiritual and loving experience/plant, one of my favorite entheogenic plant so far.

The mystery about this plant, except the mystery that it is still not very know among people looking for psychedelics, is the fact that nobody ever suceed (in my knowledge) to obtain seeds in temperate climates.

I am located in europe, tried to grow it outdoors, indoors in a controled set up, tried to play with light cycles, watering, different mix of potting soil but nada.

I am still looking for answers about this ?

Any ideas ? Theories ?

if only my freekin plant would flower! grows like crazy, in only dappled sunlight. not enough sun for flowering to occur, perhaps?

sorry for hijack :blush:

i would be very interested by reports of the cultivation of Rivea Corymbosa in Australia, since there is so many climates, where do you grow it (indoor/outdoor), aproximative location and did it bloomed ? Maybe we could figure what is the factor that triggers blooming...

i would be very interested by reports of the cultivation of Rivea Corymbosa in Australia, since there is so many climates, where do you grow it (indoor/outdoor), aproximative location and did it bloomed ? Maybe we could figure what is the factor that triggers blooming...

hi mauve,

how to grow olioliuhqui ( i wonder if there's ONE right spelling, but seriously doubt it)?

Well where I live it's very easy:

I had some rivea seedlings in flowerpots, taken them to sell on markets but most people didn't know them and I didn't sell them.

I simply placed them where they got some runoff water from the tables where I keep my potted plants.

Just placed the pots on the soil and forgot about them.

Come "winter" (here in brisbane that's approx June) my whole backyard erupted in fascinating lovely psychedelic white flowers. Even the nighbours, who normally prefer their skinhead lawns, complimented me to it.

I spend as much time as possible just sitting there and looking at them.

And now all the flowers have turned to seeds, and they are very useful...

I have to add that where I live, one of the lowest areas in brisbane, a flood-area, (we don't get many floods since the climate here is getting drier and drier), is probably almost a natural habitat for morning glories.

One of the reasons I spread rivea around was, that the backyard , or parts of it, were taken over by the local "weed-morning glory", ipomoea indica. It doesn't matter how many times you pull it up, I. indica will always regrow and annoy the crap out of you. It's completely useless because it doesn't set seed in Queensland, since it needs to be fertilized by an insect or similar that only lives in India, hence I.indica in Queensland is almost always seedless. Pretty flowers but no seed.

And I have succeeded. The weed-mg has almost disappeared, there's only a few strongholds of it left, and Rivea Corymbosa has taken over it's living space.

Better than any chemicals or other "cures", use the right plant to fight the weed-plant.

So, they flower in australian/queensland winter, and bear in Spring.

I believe these times are different in North-NSW.

Perhaps this provides a clue why they don't flower/seed in other climates.

Ummu, the first thing i want to say about this plant is the taste of it. It does taste quite bitter, even HBWR tastes nicer (Not that HBWR taste good). However, there is no nausea. I fell asleep with it so did not get any visuals, The next day I had a headache in the back of my head and a feeling of pressure in my neck and head, although this could have been a wind cold headache from the wind the other day. I must say that I did not chew the seeds due to the good awful taste and instead swallow them whole.

I must say that I did not chew the seeds due to the good awful taste and instead swallow them whole.

thats probably why you didnt feel much effect. next time powder or crush them.

Theres a fair few threads about hbwr extraction which are good, Im assuming this will be exactly the same for rivea. I used to love the taste of hbwr but after some brain smashing experiences just the thought makes me mega nauseous now. I tried that swallowing without chewing enuff and it seems to give more nausea as well as the lack of effect. Chewing for at least 15mins and holding in mouth gave the best results but as Im now with you in the 'cant stand the taste' boat I will be trying the naptha and ethanol method.

The subject crushed 30 seeds and mixed with hot water and a small amount of apple cider vinagar left to steep for 10mins. After which the drink was slowly consumed getting more bitter as the end of the mug was reached. After about an hour, Itunes was opened along with g force and the lights turned out. Colors of the visualization seems more smoother and the whole program is more interesting then normal. After a while, the video clip to Delta Goodren "Innocent Eyes" was played. umm things were noticed in the clip that were not noticed before, like her throwing paper in the air. The subject paused from computer to look around. Vision has mild white noise to it.

A decision to test cognitive function was made. The game EQ2 was opened up. While the game was played communication was successful with other players including grouping with one (it was decided not tell the other player about being drunk). No imparment to playing the game. Some slight nausea was experienced but that might have been the food that was eaten for dinner.

Note: it is dangerous to bioassy unknown plants. :rolleyes:

Some slight nausea was experienced but that might have been the food that was eaten for dinner.

...or Delta. :P

A Strange looking Gnome just told me he has injested 30 corymbosa seeds

2 Hrs After Having 3.5 points of IV Methamphetamine.

He has also consumed approx 5 Standard drinks & is going to consume around another 6 or 7.

Has anyone heard reports of Combining

Methamphetamine & LSA?

Interactions, Positives, Negatives?

I have UTFSE & Have not found sufficient info usefull to this situation.

Any information will be appreciated thankyou!

A gnome I saw once was experiencing HBWR + MA and had a great time! He was not a heavy MA or HBWR user at all, between 3 a box of beer and much scotch was consumed and a good time had by all!

"from my (recent) experience, I have to say, it's probably the cleanest lsa there is...

those old mexicans knew what was good..."

I would have to most certainly agree with that Gom. Definatly alot cleaner then HBWR, no naseua and gritty body load, very smooth and lucid with a different qualitive effect then HBWR, definatly a warm earthy energy to it with no feelings of panic or discomfort. Definatly the cleanest and most pleasant LSA journey one can find. HBWR tend not to agree with alot of ppl including myself and felt the overall Rivea experience to be amazing in comparison, the old Mexicans sure did know what was good! :lol:

Just wondering how people are consuming these?

I read the following:

In recent years a number of experimenters have taken the Rivea seeds with no effects, and this has led one of them to suggest that the reputation of ololiuhqui is due wholly to auto-suggestion.(26) These negative results may be explained by inadequate preparation. The Indians grind the seeds on the metate (grinding stone) until they are reduced to flour. Then the flour is soaked in cold water, and after a short time the liquor is passed through a cloth strainer and drunk.

If taken whole, the seeds give no result, or even if they are cracked. They must be ground to flour and then the flour soaked briefly in water. Perhaps those who took the seeds without results did not grind them, or did not grind them fine enough, and did not soak the resulting flour.

It also states in terms of dose:

The seed is then measured out, the amount that fills the cup of the hand, or about a thimbleful.

Not knowing (yet) how large these seeds are I don't know how many a thimbleful is, or how much it weighs.

Can people shed light on how their friends are using these in terms of whether they ground the seeds to a fine flour or simply chewed etc.

It sounds as if they might be stronger than what people imagine if they are actually ground down to a fine powder/flour.

3 subjects, 36 seeds each, chewed to pulp and held in mouth for 10 to 15 minutes then swallowed, little to no effects felt in all 3 subjects.

:huh:

Edited by Passive Daemon

they seem like most things to be wildly variable :scratchhead::rolleyes: some foafs i know were getting off on around 10-20 seeds and then others nothing off of 50-60!

Just wondering how people are consuming these?

I've never tried them but if I was on a deserted island I'd probably use my coffee grinder (powered by an ingenious generator I created out of twigs, a lemon and a rat) to whizz them up fine and then drop them in a bit of icey water with a splash of lemon juice. I'd let them sit for 5 minutes then shot the lot.

I don't know about potency with these guys.

Does anyone know if they have any difference to HBWR as far as shelf life and degradation of the actives go?

I'm workin' on the mullet. :lol: