No problem any more, everything is great

But its not

Because when I look into his eye

There is nothing

Not even a smoulder of the fire

Its gone out

And the Funky I knew won’t be back

Hope you don't blame that on the herb.

Most likely it would have happened anyway...

happens to quite a few people, with or without herb....

I know it wasn't the herb, I know many people from all different ages who toke up and they are fine. I actually wish it was, then he could stop and everything would be dandy again. But as it stands its not so everyone can deal with it.

I've seen this happen with many people around me, but it tends to hurt the most if it affects people very close to you.

I am convinced it IS the herb. I am not saying that cannabis CAUSES anything, but (as the literature says) it 'precipitates latent psychological problems'.

Its a complex issue as it is impossible to tell if that person would have gone that way anyway even without herb, but given the pharmcoclogy of cannabis (or many other drugs) it seems likely that at the very least the herb triggers the sudden decline. And it most certainly prevents the rebalancing later on if consumed continually.

So no, I don't blame the herb. if it wasn't the herb then it may have been some other drug, or maybe no drug at all. But the herb certainly doesn't help and tends to increase the severity and length of the suffering.

A few years ago I talked to someone who works in the " drug scene", some sort of social worker.

He actually said, that a close relative "was made crazy" by the weed and killed a few people...

Now that is ridiculous...

He probably couldn't think of a better excuse...

Sure, if you tend to schizophrenia or similar diseases of the mind, you shouldn't use any drugs, least of all hallucinogenics.

They do bring out what's latent, what's "under the surface"...

That's why quite a few people take them in the first place, to find out what's hidden in their persona... at least I know one person who tried it for that reason...

To me the weed is still the most beneficial drug there is... nothing "relaxes" better...

if there's a history of mental disease in the family just don't touch it...

just like fat people shouldn't touch alcohol because it makes them fatter....

gomaos:

Funny,I thought it was the beer nuts

A good Naturopath told me once about 'proving' a herb.It seems that the cannabis is used to treat the symptoms it produces,if the 'drug' is not responsible for the illness.

In short, if taken to excess, you 'prove' the herbs qualities, or display it's symptoms!

mescalito:

mescalito:

Funny,I thought it was the beer nuts !Alcohol is basically nothing but converted sugar, so any form of it is very fattening...

bee nuts are too, but they are yummy...

[/qb]Alcohol is basically nothing but converted sugar, so any form of it is very fattening...

bee nuts are too, but they are yummy...[/QB]

Mmmmm sounds nice,how many bees do you need :D

I was under the impression that alcohol itself isn't fattening, rather it inhibits your ability to process fats. So beer + pizza is more fattening than pizza alone. I have no evidence to back this up, it was word of mouth from a fitness freak.

was under the impression that alcohol itself isn't fattening,

ok I want this out in the open now, no more hearsay and no more beliefs...

alcohol in itself has many calories, it doesn't matter, whether you have a beer, a glass of wine, or a shot of vodka, either of them would have 300-500 calories.

If this is wrong I want scientific proof

until then- ALCOHOL IS FATTENING!

Mmmmm sounds nice,how many bees do you need

aCTUALLY I meant beer...

but while you are talking about it...

alcohol can also be made from honey which is produced by bees...

in theory alcohol made from honey should be superior to alcohol made from sugar...

I have drunk alc made from honey at least once...

I got very pissed...

alcohol provides a lot of enery to the body as far as I know, so yes, the alcohol itself is fattening... kinda. In fact it is not the alcohol or the sugar that is fattening at all. these get burnt up quite easily and aren't stored usually. However, what they do is shift the balance of fuel. Normally if your calorie intake is below your daily calorie burn, then your body would burn all the sugar and alcohol and then burn the fat, thus leaving nothing to hit the waisteline. However, if your daily fuel amount is already FULLy occupied by the sugars and alcohol then any fat you eat will simply be stored. So, if you burn 2000 calories per day and consume 500 for breakfast (as carbohydrates) and 1500 in alcohol, then the 1000 you eat for dinner are simply added to the spare tyre.

The theory is quite simple. What goes in as energy has to come out as work. If it doesn't then it is stored in fat. So there are to ways to attack weight problems - decrease your input or increase your output. Any combination will do as long as the numbers add up to zero. Nothing else is going to work, no matter how many infomercials we see telling us we can loose weight by watching TV.

why do you think honey alcohol to be superior?? I have tasted some really good mead and some really crap stuff. But essentially it is still ethanol.

Yeah that's why I said in theory.

I've also tried Mead a very long time ago and wasn't particularly impressed.

I just think for everyday consumption honey is much better for anyone's metabolism than sugar.

Sugar is bad, mkay?!

Oh and what you explain as alcohol being fattening only in combo with other foods, yes of course...

alcohol becomes energy that is either burnt up or stored just like any other food...

so if someone mainly drinks and eats little he won't be fat, but if someone likes their food (like I do)and has alcohol on top of that, he going to get fatter(and fatter)(and fatter)

Not that this has anything to do with poor Funky..

how is he by the way?

[ 05. August 2003, 07:56: Message edited by: gomaos ]

he's doing better. He's like talking to someone whos come off a bad mushy trip... still working out whats real and whats not, a bit confused. BUt I think the meds may actually be helping him... they stopped giving him valium so he's not as doped out as he was.

all in all his future is brighter :)

yeah yeah T, this whole eat protein or eat carbs only crap sickens me. dont people know its not the food that matters, its the amount of calories it get converted into! I should mention it to the ACC as false advertising.

thelema - you obviously didn't read what I wrote as I clearly focussed on the calorie balance - same concept you are pushing.

I only mentioned carbs once for the sake of separating it from fats. However, bottom line is that even if your intake is higher than your output, if you were to have NO fat at all in your diet you would not be putting on weight... you would also die in a short time

i think he was just agreeing?

ooops!

that's kind what i write when I am being sarcastic.... so I assumed wrong.

Apart from the pro's and con's...I hope you can help your mate :( ,this world is so NOT what most of us want to live in,and all we can do is educate,elaborate,and demonstrate

But never IMMITATE, always INNOVATE :D

(I'm a poet and don't Know't!)

[ 12. August 2003, 01:43: Message edited by: mescalito ]