The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Northern N.S.W. Camping Trip, who's interested?

how 'bout I just lurk around in the bushes with some of the other newby's. Good point although I do like to remain annonymous etc on the net
In that case, this may not be the trip for you Crazyman, this trip is being held for Active Regulars those people on this forum that are already good frineds and that know each other very well so perhaps waiting for a few more months until the next Ethnobotanica may be a better option?
Ive made a couple hundered posts over the years but change my registration from time to time to keep secret not that I have anything to hide. unsure.gif I will divulge more but right now its 1:30am and I got class at 8. Don't worry I'm really not that crazy, just when I go camping and get horny.wacko.gif LOL!

Like I said before, jst saying who you are and what your about isnt really enough mate, its about sharing your self, who you are. your likes and dislikes, your gardening interests, your experiances etc.. so we all REALLY know who you are

I agree with everything Andy is saying.

This is a camping trip being organised by two 'friends', for a bunch of our other friends/mates.

It's not in any way affiliated with this forum, SAB, or Ethnobotanica. We just all happen to be people that use this forum to communicate, alongside the others who use this forum.

So, make yourself one of our 'bunch of friends', and you're welcome along. But, this is an 'invite-only' type of affair(meaning, you should ask me or Andy before you assume you can come. Just send a PM). It's not open to anyone who, just reads this forum. It just happens to be getting organised on the forum, because that's how most of us originally became friends.

But, just like Andy, I'm not deliberately meaning to exclude anyone. So, make yourself known, and get amongst it. :)

I'm glad to have any honest, fun-loving people along, as long as everyone is willing to contribute. :D

Hi Benzito, jst to clarify something, I wouldnt go as far as to say that its invite only but would say that it is regulars only and if someone wants to come it should be cleared with you or I via PM's or this thread.

While on this subject I would also like to ask that only forum memebers bring guests please and that should be limited to 1 (one) person. if you for some reason really need to bring more than 1 person please contact me or Benzito directly and we will see if it can be arranged.

Because of so many new'ies being interested, I will plan a 2nd trip for anyone that wants to come in the following months if the numbers are still there. keep an eye out for a thread on it around March next year.

Gee whiz I love these new rich text features :wub:

Ok, I changed my post. I didn't mean you actually need to be 'invited'. :o

Your attendance should just be discussed with myself or Andy, before you get your camping gear all ready. :)

BTW: Andy, check your PM's....

Alright pups! Listen up!

BigDayOut lineup gets announced tomorrow.

Tickets for BigDayOut go on sale on the 14th Oct.

BigDayOut at the Gold Coast is on the goddamn 22nd of Jan.

Which is 7+1 days after we meet up in Byron.

Now, I wanna go. I'm sure some of the other young'ns (not to say the old'ns can't ;)) will want to come too, as the perfect ending for a mad trip.

So if possible, while you guys are organising hard etc, can we get a definite campsite location soon? :)

I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about as far as newbies attending goes. For now, nothing is set in stone, and like you keep saying (a bit too gruffly imhumbleo) if they end up on friendly terms we will want them there, and if they don't then they will most likely chicken out (as I'm sure the Entheogenesis and EB organisers can attest to) long before the actual trip.

The more rigid and rulesy this gets, the less fun it will be.

It isn't too hard, let's just figure out a set of dates, a location, and a series of pickup locations. That's it.

If people are scared of the newbies, I will keep them company separate from the main camp and everyone will have a good time anyway. I'm not afraid of new people and they can hang with me.

I think whoever wants to should be able to make an attempt to turn up, and we all know that the people who know each other will be organising in little subgroups (as they already are!) anyway, so nobody has to be worried about a drain on "precious resources" or any shit like that.

I think any other attitude is a poor one to take, especially if I replaced the word forum with the word IRC, then how many people would be excluded?! It would be just be me yowie YT and Andy.

But, this is an 'invite-only' type of affair(meaning, you should ask me or Andy before you assume you can come. Just send a PM). It's not open to anyone who, just reads this forum. It just happens to be getting organised on the forum, because that's how most of us originally became friends.

Like I said. If people are really that scared of people they haven't met, I'll keep the newbs company and you can relax. I bet they like getting stoned as much as the next guy, and I'm working on a nice bamboo pipe right now.

It isn't too hard, let's just figure out a set of dates, a location, and a series of pickup locations. That's it.
This has already been said but the thread is so unbelievably long its all a bit lost in the chaff...

Date:

January 14'th, 2006 through until the last person wants to leave.

Camping site, in the Northern NSW Nat. Park area

Pick-up Locations:

#1, Gold-Coast,

#2, Byron-Bay,

#3, Murwillumbah,

* Exact details will be sent out via PM ONLY to those that have PM'd AndyAmine/Benzito with a request to attend. this has nothing to do with snobery or ego's, only to do with general privacy of the event and potential unwanted attention.

I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about as far as newbies attending goes. For now, nothing is set in stone, and like you keep saying (a bit too gruffly imhumbleo) if they end up on friendly terms we will want them there, and if they don't then they will most likely chicken out (as I'm sure the Entheogenesis and EB organisers can attest to) long before the actual trip.

No Hubub bub however I can see your point.

This was meant to be a regulars camping trip tho mate, always was.. that's why I've said to anyone that wants to go, make themselves known between now and then and they can come along.

I probabaly got a little carried away with the ittalics because I was playing with the new interface. LOL :unsure:

The reason I've asked everyone that wants to come to let me and or Benzito know so that I have a realistic idea of numbers.

The more rigid and rulesy this gets, the less fun it will be.
I totally agree and have desperately been trying to avoid them Apoth but now that its in the public domain I have been getting caught between my heart and my head.

I have been trying to keep some of the original idea of the trip and still do/experience some of the special things I had planed while still letting the group size increase, ideas evolve and the newer crowd come as well.

I was a bit snotty to crazyman and Im sorry for that, I guess its jst my attempt at trying to make it a really genuine affair and avoid any loose cannon's.

and we all know that the people who know each other will be organising in little subgroups (as they already are!) anyway, so nobody has to be worried about a drain on "precious resources" or any shit like that.

Well, Apoth, this is exactly what I was originaly trying to avoid, little sub groups and seperate circles and as for "precious resources" I really dont know what your on about there my friend. perhaps your reading into things a little to far. I havent done many things like this before so Im jst trying to do my best

I guess now that its on an open forum its a bit much for me to be so controlling. I give up.. LOL, the event belongs to the corroboree now so maybe I can arrange a something towards my original idea some other time.

Of course Im still happy to help in anyway I can and was.

It's all good muchacho.

I get the feeling that there won't be too many up there in the end, and I remember the exact original purpose of this trip (remember what I promised ;)), how many numbers have you got Benz?

Maybe we should ask T to unpin this thread and pin one just for info on the trip, so we can continue rambling in here and leave an easy to access source of info around also.

My quick tally puts numbers at 20 members (including newbs), I imagine Benz has heard from far less than that, and I guess less than that will even turn up.

The number seems pretty big but when you think about it we shouldn't have too much trouble.

The older members, members with younglings or significant others, or physical problems will probably be spending most of their time at base camp, and let's put them at around 10.

You can imagine the other half will be the rowdy lot (jono I'm lookin at you! :D :D ;)) and will be spending most of the day out and about in the surrounding areas, and what's left are probably just the lazy stoners like me and the people who ate too many cubes the night before. ;)

That sounds pretty nice to me, and if things get too hectic, I imagine a few subgroups will simply take to the bush for a few days and come back with nothing but a wild look in their eyes ;)

We aren't all expected to huddle in a small herd for a week, and unless it rains for the whole week, I doubt that everyone will be together all the time every day at least until dark (when we can play guitar and sing songs).

Hell, I'll make you a new promise. If you don't enjoy yourself immensely for the entire week, I'll call my boss up, tell him I'm quitting, and you me YT and yowie can spend a week on walkabout just like the original plan :)

ok me and my family will try and get up there if we are all welcome :rolleyes:

i will do my best to get us there so count us in

the border ranges is one of the best places i have been to :D

That is feckin awesome news hebrew :)

Look forward to seeing you and the clan finally ;)

Damn it! This thing sounds too good too miss! I know i said i couldnt make it before, but maybe i can squeeze a weekend in.

I would really like to meet more people in person, i actually get a buzz out of it :blink: I get all wound up and shit thinking all kinds of crazy stuff, but in my very limited experience meeting ppl from here i have found it to be great ;) . Im sure the people i have met spun out just as much as i first did :lol:.

Any Sydney ppl going for just the weekend? I could ride my bike, but i have no luggage rack. Oh yeah this is assuming of course no one has any objections to me attending, and it's all a big maybe right now.

Apo, I agree, it is starting to sound 'rulesy', but I don't want it to be either. I don't really get time to re-read my posts while I'm here at work, so sometimes I come off a little abrupt. Sorry if I sound like some mean headmaster-type. :)

I just want to have fun and meet some new peeps, I haven't met any of you guys before, so it's all new people to me! I'm only concerned for some of the others attending, who I know can be a little bit shy.

Personally I've only had one or two people actually PM me saying they want to come along, so around 20 sounds right. But, as you say, I'm sure there are a few who won't turn up, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys, I just gotta get my leave application approved now.

:unsure:

It's alllll good.

So.

My leave has been approved by my boss from vaguely the 13th-24th/25th, only waiting for confirmation from the labs boss now.

Apparently I get a week off around Christmas too, from the 24th of Dec till the 2nd of Jan or something? So if I have money, I will be up at the Arts Factory then. I had a fucking mad time up there with just me last time, so I don't mind if nobody wants to join me then, but if you do, I'm fine with that too ;)

im not 100% sure i can make it yet:(

but at this point it looks like i will be!:D

:D Im gonna have another talk with my boss now that a date is set in stone and aim for getting the 13th-20th off thats about a week so i should be good... so i might also make the Gold Coast BDO if plans are a GO and then fly back on the sunday night in a bit of a state :P and be VERY screwed for work heh

good to read all this looking forward to this hope it will really happen, see you there folks :lol::P:) :D

bump

Anyone from sydney area going for just the weekend or weekend or 3 day weekend??? Would love to get a lift, can share driving/fuel expenses of course.

if u r coming gom ill have to do my best to make it!

moneys a bit tight and i need something to tamke away my shyness;)

but im sure u r all great ppl im just shy coz i tallk a little slow but he who gives a shit! get over it! :D

I'm sorry for the way I acted and I promise I will wear pants!

But seriously I just love the idea of actually meeting you crazy boys and I bet you'd put me to shame. I can only stay the night but it will be the best!! Like some great man once said, 'I'M EXCITED'! :rolleyes:

but im sure u r all great ppl im just shy coz i tallk a little slow but he who gives a shit! get over it! :D

Don't worry mate, everybody tells me I talk way too fast so we can just spend most of the time up there hanging out together and hopefully we'll balance each other out and nobody'll notice ;)

LOL!

Now that the battle of the ego's is over :rolleyes:

Seriously though you blokes have done well to get this far into organising something I reckon.Sometimes enthusiasm can be so overwhelming that we tend to pull out all our defences and want everything to be just right ;)

The truth is that when you actually do all meet up...nobody will be what anyone expected anyway!

I won't commit now as I pretty much can't afford to but if things change....I'll just lob in :ph34r:

Have funguy's

Have funguy's

Yes, they should be around too by then (if we get some early rain) ;)

The final camping trip details have now been posted in the "News & Notices" forum, please check there for any news or updates.

NNSW Camping Trip Details, News and Updates

Please note that the new thread will be locked so any further discussion should be continued here, in the thread your currently reading.

Thank you. :)

Don't worry mate, everybody tells me I talk way too fast so we can just spend most of the time up there hanging out together and hopefully we'll balance each other out and nobody'll notice ;)

cool bro sounds good! :D

i just started taking bach flower remedies of larch beech and stuff 2 get over my shyness and fear of speaking and to stop worrying too much what otheras think of me! hehe

but everyone who knows me loves me!!!!!!!!!!

so im sure we'll get on just dandy:)