The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

LSD no days simply ISNT LSD

OK, firstly pictures mean shit!

Whe I was in the rave scene in amsterdam I once had the pleasure to watched people dipping sheets (in mobile labs on boats in the canals). These would be small time folks who got a gram of acid and dissolved it to make 20,000 trips in sheets of 500. of the 40 sheet they would make most in the favourite design which was strawberry at the time, plus a few purple ohms and a few green ohms. It was the same acid, but when I ate the different papers I could have sworn they were different trips. I guess that's what the 30% placebo effect does So much for pictures. As i said, they mean shit.

In regards to acid, I was also a firm believer that it is individual response that changes over the years. After all, if you do a bit of research, you will find there is only one LSD regardless of what it is made from (some people claim that the starting material changes the molecule to give a different LSD, which is just stupid). Persoanlly I used to get really hyperactive on acid and couldn't sleep for 36 hours. In fact, I once used LSD as a slimming aid

I didn't take any acid for many years, but tried some liquid a couple of years ago. Everyone raved about the stuff. It was at a wedding where about 50 people took the same stuff at varying dosages. The whole affair seemed very sedate, which gave me the idea that maybe it isn't just me who is getting old, but maybe it is the acid.

So if it can't be the LSD itself, then what is it? My pet theory is that it is a byproduct of the LSD manufacture which is not cleaned out of the final product. While most related products are less than a 100th of the potency of LSD, my thought is that maybe in combination with LSD the contaminant is much more powerful. eg, you might get 50mics of LSD and 10 mics of something else, but that 10 mics is enough to colour the LSD in some way, such as to make it sedating.

Who knows, it might even be the iso LSD which is present in most LSD these days as the cooks are too lazy to clean it out.

I think that most stuff that is sold as LSD is indeed LSD. Very little of it would be ryptamines simply because it doesn't make economic sense. It's as unlikely as the 90s myth of smack in ecstacy. However it is certainly not impossible and has certainly been found to be true in the USA. There is no case of such non-LSD material turning up in australian forensic labs though - certainly not on blotters.

I have my hands full trying to dispell the ridiculous LSD dosage myths, which appear to be gaining a foothold again. Just the other day someone insisted on 5000mic trips. At the time I thought how ridiculous to spout this sort of crap in this day and age of GC/MS etc, but then I realised that it may well have been 5000mics in terms of the material that went into making this dosage. 5000mics of what though?!? If a chemist is using a crude alkaloid mix from ergot or HBWR and fed that into the process he would get pretty low yields at the end. I think the maximum for clean feedstock is about 30% conversion from lysergic acid to LSD, so dirty feedstock would maybe be 15% or even 10%. This would also contain many analogs and related substances, bioth of natural and synthetic origin. To the chemist this would be the easiest process. A lot less timeconsuming and a lot less skill needed. The final product could still end up as pure white crystals but actually only contain 20% of real LSD. So what is assumed to be a 5000mic dose is indeed only a 1000mic dose or even less.

This would make a lot more sense as we know that 800 mics is the threshold limit for effect increase. Because LSD triggers a reaction rather than producing it itself, the effect maximum is limited by our physiology. This threshold was determined to be about 800mics. 800 mics (or less) is also the point where you have amnesia for and of much of the experience. So anyone claiming to retrieve wisdom from 5000mics is simply not being realistic.

btw, this is directed at no one in particular. I know that one person mentioned this number recently, but this person is not the only one and my comments are meant in the most general terms possible. I have been writing and educating on this issue for many years - this example and the timing of this thread are pure coincidence. Maybe a serendipitous coincidence, because the above mechanism may well be a likely scenario and should instill some caution into us about the cocktail of drugs were are taking in the assumption that we are consuming the physically harmless LSD.

Not a lot of light will be shed onto this issue until some decent forensic analyses are done on measured doses. eg, person x takes one 5000mic sugarcube to the lab and gets it analysed. Then goes home to eat the other 5000mic cube the next day, before posting both 'analyses' on a public forum.

In the meantime i'd personally recommend to stick with papers, because while not being perfect, they at least eliminate a whole heap of dodgy shit.

I am sure LS derivatives could be identified distinctly from 5MeO-AMT by TLC. In any case, the LS cocktail will ALWAY have several alkaloids present, while the 5MeO-AMT will most likely be very pure.

It is a fact however, that the special "club" Timothy Leary gathered in the 60's used to take 10.000mic doses out in the desert. RD Laing talks about this in his late biography...so there is definitely a precedent for co-ordinated taking of such megadoses.

This is a stupid loop.

I have heard through various people in my studies that there is fantastic Acid, and Fantastic LSD. The fact that most people seem to have trouble finding it doesn't mean that there isnt a FUCKLOAD of very Good very Pure LSD getting about Australia.

Furthermore Im sick of people, who really at the end of the day dont know shit about the current situation with ACID/blotter LSD in Australia, making expert claims or statements about the quality/purity about the Blotter/Acid that is going around; when everybody knows that alot of people on these forums are not "active" in certain spheres of activity and probably havent actually eaten very much Acid in years and years.

These forums have a tendency to lean towards armchair enthusiasm and stupid speculations.

I tend to listen to the people who have actually been eating acid regularly, who have had experience with many types of acid in many different forms. There is a whole "thing" going on, where the people who are supposed to know, ie about dose quality consituents actually do know. This is how things work. If you are lucky enough to actually know the ins and outs of the product you have obtained then theoretically one should know what dosage it is... (its really like a game of chinese whispers, the quality and strength estimations goes up with each new person introduced, in contrast with the actual quality which declines over the same time to half the strength.)

quote:

Originally posted by bluemeanie:

[QB] SPOT ON! THEY ARE THE ONES I WAS TALKING ABOUT!! PHAROAHS! They aint acid!

Really dont want to patronise you there Mark, but if you think that those Pharaohs compare to any acid around before 1999 I'd have to STRONGLY disagree with you - and Im not alone there.

as i said in my post, "from what i've heard". some people like these. i havn't tried them

but the tazmanian devils i have had. two was quite good. i havnt had any acid that one was enough for me, even the original dilberts. even the hofmann 2000's i needed 2 to get to where i wanted to go.

if you are always looking for 'that acid from 1999' then forget it. i've been taking acid since 1988 and quite frankly the quality goes up and down. the weaker ones you just need more of. that could be from less acid being put on the pages, badly made acid with lots of contaminants or degridation from sunlight or any other reason that i havnt thought of. around about 1999-2000 was the hofmann period. fucking gold. before that it was fat freddys cats. but these two were hard to get unless you knew someone (hofmanns were a bit easier, they flooded the market). there was plenty of shit acid around like the dolphins or the buddahs but people went for quality. now thats run out but the low quality is still here, just as it always has been. that means that any realy good blotter is snapped up in an instant.

im hoping someone brings some down here, but with the big lsd lab busts that have happened in the lst few years, in not so sure.

besides, dragon fly is starting to make an appearance. cant wait for that

simon, I'm mildly interested in the dragonfly stuff too...not amazingly keen but if a blotter were to somehow fall into my lap from the heavens I wouldn't complain

good point MESQ

i have no doubt there probly is some strong tickets out there, i spose you could very well be right relating to the access, of strong tickets, many of the younger generation who consume these goodies are now sceptical of dudes in there late 20's to mid 30's asking for tickets.

well who does'nt feel sceptical to a new face asking questions.

fuck it, i'm getting old dammmmmmn!!!!!!!!!!!

'Furthermore Im sick of people, who really at the end of the day dont know shit about the current situation with ACID/blotter LSD in Australia, making expert claims or statements about the quality/purity about the Blotter/Acid that is going around; when everybody knows that alot of people on these forums are not "active" in certain spheres of activity and probably havent actually eaten very much Acid in years and years. '

Your joking yeah?

So I (assuming you mean me because i am guilty of pretty much all you have paid out) am not allowed to express my view, because in your opinion you have access to exclusive knowledge on this topic - and I or we dont.

When you get over yourself and judging by your tone this might take a while, you might realise that since you dont know me or anything about me, its probably a pretty game assumption you've made there. That i dont know the first thing about the current situation of acid in Australia (whereas you obviously believe that you do), and that I am not active in 'circles' of people who have taken acid in many years.

I'm glad you think you know me well enough to judge, but you dont.

Generally, in my experience people who have to make statements that tend towards bolstering their prowess, connections or experience do so because they feel the need to impress.

Mark - TO say it will never happen again is ludicrous. Even the crappest stuff around in 2000 was acid in the traditional sense. All it would take would be quality or the real product.

perhaps it is out there and people like Mesq are running around dropping it every five minutes - good on them - that wasnt my point.

My point was that in my opinion - and the opinions of people i respect and who havent been around five minutes the acid around melbourne now days isnt just shit, it isnt acid.

Like simon sed wiht al these acid lab busts its only going to decline untill someone else steps up. I think the further down the cahin u r in regards of dealers then the worse acid ull get, i doubt that some one who didnt have good connenctions could get really good acid, if you knew someone who imported it then you would be set you could get the best stuff in oz probably but not necesarily. I think the solution is for sum1 in Aus to take a stand and make Oz's acid.

bluemeanie - don't stress about those comments. From my experience mesq will be the one complaining about the crap quality of acid in 2 or 3 years time. These cycles just repeat over and over.

As for dosage, the main issue I have about the supposed thousands of mics is that everytime one of these people who claim that their blotters contain 500mics gets busted the forensic analysis come sup with values around 50mics. This has been going on for well over a decade and yet we get the same story year after year whenever some spring chicken discovers acid. (again, this is no direct reference to any one individual, because seriously, this happens every single year).

So personally I just let them babble most of the time. The overwhelming evidence personally, and as published by microgram, Sasha, and erowid is that these guys are full of shit.

churchmouse - if you double your dose of acid each consecutive day, then you will never get much of an effect because of the rapid tolerance build up. You can easily get to hundreds of mics within a few days and trip no more than on a single blotter. I've done that. Leary treated LSD as one of the major foodgroups and hence there is little point in comparing his doses with anyone else unless the other person also takes acid on such a regular basis.

bluemeanie:

Mark - TO say it will never happen again is ludicrous. Even the crappest stuff around in 2000 was acid in the traditional sense. All it would take would be quality or the real product.

perhaps it is out there and people like Mesq are running around dropping it every five minutes - good on them - that wasnt my point.

My point was that in my opinion - and the opinions of people i respect and who havent been around five minutes the acid around melbourne now days isnt just shit, it isnt acid.

there will still be good acid getting about, but what i was trying to say, is that it will be rare. people are on the lookout for it. i know when i find a good acid, i buy a few of them to last me. until someone steps up to fill the void of the busted labs, its going to be hard to find.

im sure that there are a few 5meo-amt blotters getting around, just as in america br-dragonfly is on blotters, hell some lucky bastards had DOB on blotter (http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100122&highlight=DOB%2A+paper). but i am positive that most of this 'acid' getting around is infact acid, just not much of it is on the blotter. ever had a low dose of mdma? not quite the same as a full dose, is it? :)

yeah whatever I never directed my statements to anybody now did I. I said this was a stupid loop of a conversation, which seems to provoke armchair enthusiasm. And one that I hear ALL the time in my travels. I have had this discussion/debate about clean acid/dirty acid with somebody almost every week, and have heard every single type of explanation as to why Blotters dont feel like LSD, I dont think many of the explanations that people are coming out with are very new or relevant. Im just pretty tired of seeing the same stuff get put to the winds when there are alot of factors that many people who live on the outskirts of this lifestyle probably don't consider.

quote:

From my experience mesq will be the one complaining about the crap quality of acid in 2 or 3 years time. These cycles just repeat over and over.

pfft. Probably not. I generally dont complain too much when im tripping and I would not have any reason to complain cos Im not under this delusion that there is Subjective Qualitative Difference. And yeah Bluemeanie, im not trying to make any outrageous claims, but I would guess that 85% of the people on these forums are Armchair enthusiasts, Instant Forum Experts, Google Droids who constantly regurgitate misinformation regarding these Drugs. All Im saying is most of the time it really looks or sounds like most of the people who are saying stuff about this particular Subject have no idea what they are talking about, im quite happy to talk to people in private if they think they know something better or more plausible... about stuff.

Just a note on parting,

The most intense and intellectual and well informed conversations about LSD quality, Purity and Dosage I have ever had have been with Teenagers from mullumbimby. now i wonder why that is.

quote:

Originally posted by bluemeanie:

[QB]

Generally, in my experience people who have to make statements that tend towards bolstering their prowess, connections or experience do so because they feel the need to impress.

No i feel the need to say something because many people don't know shit and rely on what they think are expert opinions which eventually breed misinformation. I dont give a fuck about my prowess or my status or my connections. Im quite comfortable in my place of existence within the frameworks thanks.

quote:

I fully agree that the Acid you get in Melbourne is shit :D and Probably isnt LSD25. Melbourne Doesnt = Australia. Your inability to get connected doesn't mean it isnt out there waiting for you. Are u implying somehow that I have been around for only "5 minutes" as you say? Yeah right, i guess my respected friends are also now written off as being 5 minute scenesters.

My main irritation was people like you who continue to whinge and complain on forums how there is no REAL LSD going around. This immediately implies that you are out of touch.

Anyways the proof is in the pudding. If anybody can show me what they think Real LSD is Id love to taste it

ajna:

cid.png

homer simspons

i haven't got the years experience to comment on how these compare to the old days, but probably the best tabs i've got in the last two years.

These tabs are most probably (as in definitely) Not LSD25. Dosage has been Estimated as Comparative to an LSD25 trip at 185ug Strength.

Rumours from insiders have labelled it some form of Organically Extracted (HBWR) Hallucinogenic Ergo-Alkaloid, while others claim it to be ALD52 or TMA-2.

I would lean much towards the Organically derived Ergo Alkaloids. The hallucinations from the homers and the general feel is a warmer more bodily energetic feeling, with sharpish, crystalline geometry feeling, much more lower echelon vibration not overly analytical, not overly clear, very visual, very tangible, grounded and natural. Lending itself to a more nature based experience. Much better for the Dancefloor space than LSD25. I enjoy this type of "acid" the most.

LSD25 the clean stuff everyone goes on about, for me is very analytical, not much body effects, liquid flowing visuals, intellectual clarity and Upper Echelon vibrations, Throat Third Eye and Crown. It lends itself to analytical thinking, clear rationalism, conspiracy theories and pursuits of the mind. I really dont like this anaylitcal grade, stuff... Just feels man-made and completely synthetic.... the experience itself feels synthetic and made of man.

Anyway feel free to flame me or whatever.

Most Acid isnt LSD live with it.

With the availability of Marquis reagent for Meth, MDMA , etc... and sites that test pills for content , why has LSD been excluded ?

It seems their is a product that tests for presence of LSD as seen here but I've not seen any science yet to put the argument to bed.

So maybe there is demand for a site that posts results of blotter tests ?

Whatever, the case, many people in Australia seem to take acid to get 'fucked up' at parties....and seem to still take only 1 tab in order to be socially functional...

When in the 60's/70's, LSD was more designed to be a total, 'spiritual' experience onto itself....and if it isn't, then you may not be taking enough!

No party required! The party may in fact be a distraction to the total and possible 'spiritual' experience!

In those days, doses would often be 250 mics +...

But if one is really going to trip, with 4-10 tabs of really good, clear matierial, in a safe environment, then there is a real journey!

That's what people were talking about in the 60's!

At the end of the day, the microgram amount doesn't matter that much....4-10 tabs of good clear material should satisfy most souls!

Julian.

mesq - "These tabs are most probably (as in definitely) Not LSD25. Dosage has been Estimated as Comparative to an LSD25 trip at 185ug Strength.

Rumours from insiders have labelled it some form of Organically Extracted (HBWR) Hallucinogenic Ergo-Alkaloid, while others claim it to be ALD52 or TMA-2.

I would lean much towards the Organically derived Ergo Alkaloids. The hallucinations from the homers and the general feel is a warmer more bodily energetic feeling, with sharpish, crystalline geometry feeling, much more lower echelon vibration not overly analytical, not overly clear, very visual, very tangible, grounded and natural. Lending itself to a more nature based experience. Much better for the Dancefloor space than LSD25. I enjoy this type of "acid" the most.

LSD25 the clean stuff everyone goes on about, for me is very analytical, not much body effects, liquid flowing visuals, intellectual clarity and Upper Echelon vibrations, Throat Third Eye and Crown. It lends itself to analytical thinking, clear rationalism, conspiracy theories and pursuits of the mind. I really dont like this anaylitcal grade, stuff... Just feels man-made and completely synthetic.... the experience itself feels synthetic and made of man.

Anyway feel free to flame me or whatever.

Most Acid isnt LSD live with it. "

what you've described is very similar to my own (short) experience with these and other tabs. i enjoyed these more, and i guess they had re-established my faith in what (i thought was) LSD25.

[ 08. July 2005, 07:13: Message edited by: ajna ]

mesq:

These tabs are most probably (as in definitely) Not LSD25. Dosage has been  Estimated as Comparative to an LSD25 trip  at 185ug  Strength.

erm. ALD562 decomposes to LSD-25 in sunlight. it is highly unstable, the chances of it being on blotter are quite slim, as you have to go past LSD to get to ALD, why bother?

TMA-2 has an active dose from 50mgs so its definatly not that.

if you got one, put it under black light. LSD will glow under blacklight. you will also destroy the trip, so only do it on one of them.

Originally posted by mesq:

Most Acid isnt LSD live with it.

That's just plain wrong. Virtually all blotters contain LSD as the major active constituent.

These tabs are most probably (as in definitely) Not LSD25. Dosage has been Estimated as Comparative to an LSD25 trip at 185ug Strength.

Statements like this show that you are merely guessing (poorly) and that your sources of information (those mullum teenagers?) might not be the most reliable source of information. In fact, I have yet to meet someone locally who had even the slightest grasp on the realities of LSD as the whole community here is saturated with myths and the general lack of scientific understanding simply helps to propagate these myths. Some people even release books and CD's here with that sort of misinformation on it.

As Simon pointed out, why would anyone go past LSD to make ALD52?? And TMA2 is certainly not potent enough to be put on normal blotter paper. Let alone the overwhelming taste sensation you would get if it was indeed TMA2. It is also unlikely to be HBWR alkaloids because the dosage required would be too high and they would be too unstable. It may well be a derivative of HBWR, but if you are going to make an amide out of this alkaloid mix then you might as well make the diethylamide, because the restricted chemicals for the process would be the same. So essentially it would just be some very impure LSD with lots of other analogs thrown in.

The forensic research certainly points to most acid being LSD. What it doesn't show is just what else is in there. However most forensic analysts state frequently that LSD is very impure. Whether this relates to just iso-LSD or a whole range of other alkaloids is unclear.

It really should not be difficult to trace the starting material by analysing a blotter. In fact I could bet that the DEA is already doing that in order to clamp down on ingredient diversion. Pity they won't share their information though. A GC/MS lab willing to analyse the samples would go a long way to getting to the bottom of all this. In the meantime maybe we can use TLC to at least weed out the worst offenders.

[ 08. July 2005, 09:22: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Mesq: I think it was directed at me although its of little consequence to me either way. The tone was fucked in my opinion. Just seemed unreasonably angry and patronising.

Your content in some degrees was correct - When i moved towards mushrooms in 2001 I lost touch with the acid side of things and unfortunately the people I knew back then who I could rely on eventually move on as well and are either married or dead.

But that doesnt mean that my opinion on LSD isnt any more valid than yours, since I know that my opinion is based on experience and reality. I dont know this about you - but since your only contribution was negativity it is hard for me judge.

And, sure melbourne isnt Australia, but when every man and his dog travels down to Earthcore and sells papers willy nilly and the quality is all pretty similar to the stuff floating around melbourne I made an assumption (heaven forbid) that the situation may be the same. Perhaps it is perhaps it isnt.

'LSD25 the clean stuff everyone goes on about, for me is very analytical, not much body effects, liquid flowing visuals, intellectual clarity and Upper Echelon vibrations, Throat Third Eye and Crown. It lends itself to analytical thinking, clear rationalism, conspiracy theories and pursuits of the mind. I really dont like this anaylitcal grade, stuff... Just feels man-made and completely synthetic.... the experience itself feels synthetic and made of man'

You see, that doesn't sound like what I would expect from the acid that I knew - The Hoffman 2000s/getafixes/microdots/liquid that I was lucky enough to partake in throughout the late 90s didnt offer much in the way of intellectual clarity of self-analysis - rather it was ego splitting, mind-shattering chaos, an opening to a spiritual perception that was unbelievablly profound, a body buzz that gave me an eight-hour hard-on. Your forgot who you are - your perception on body and self werent just diminised they were disolved. Familiar things were alien, colours were so bright they were like high-res television, EVERYTHING was swamped into a bombardment of ideas, perceptions, images, symbols, random numbers and whackyness that there was no way to sit around thinking - no way to contemplate the experience because it was so profound.

SO maybe the concept of what clean acid itself has changed - the goal posts themselves...

mmm.... getafix....

'No i feel the need to say something because many people don't know shit and rely on what they think are expert opinions which eventually breed misinformation.'

Yeah, I assumed that was why you werent a member of the shroomery - and assuming your not trying to say that is the case for me although I think you were - i whole heartedly agree.

But to assume that your opinion is based on better knowledge than other people here is again a pretty big assumption.

And i will take u up on your offer - if my endevours do provide me with some of the old Getafixes ill pm you immediately.

I'd also agree there are a LOT of acid illusions, myths, fallacies which are just coming out of thin air.... but I also don't think that anyone really knows what is going on or how it is really working except the individuals who are actuallky making it, who I doubt really communicate with each other.

I wouldn't trust the LSD seized by the DEA (for many reasons ;-) to be a fair representative of what is out there in the WORLD.

Also, there is weird stuff coming up like LSD-27 over the years...what was that?

Reports were that it was amazing and very different to anything anyone had done before.

It wasn't LSD and it wasn't LSA (as we know it) ...shulgin has no idea what it is.

And this is not the only analogue I have heard of existing...certainly this ald-52 thing is overhyped. It all really is just a manifold mystery involving many different black market manufacturers as far as I can determine.

Julian.

folias:

And this is not the only analogue I have heard of existing...certainly this ald-52 thing is overhyped. It all really is just a manifold mystery involving many different black market manufacturers as far as I can determine.  

other analogues:

6-Nor-6-allyl-d-lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide d-tartrate (DALL)

6-Nor-6-cyclopropyl-d-lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide d-tartrate (CPL)

6-Nor-6-ethyl-d-lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide d-tartrate (DETH)

6-Nor-6-propyl-d-lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide tartrate (PAL)

6-Nor-d-lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide (norLSD)

mmmm gimme some DETH man! or some PAL for the dog :D

no two numbers can have the same acronym. Hence LSD27 doesn't exist. I don't know what compound he made as #27, but it can't have been LSD as that was #25.

I fully agree that none of us know what is really going on. However, we know a lot about what is NOT going on. For example we can eliminate anything that has a full dose over 15mg because it won't fit on a blotter. We can eliminate anything that goes past LSD in the synthesis unless the effect is so much more worthwhile or so much more potent than LSD. We can eliminate by logic any compound that uses the same ingredients but delivers an inferior or weaker product.

We can also safely assume that most cooks will not clean the product up to 99% grade (or even close).

I disagree with you on one major point though. The LSD analysed by the DEA in various countries is a random sample taken from users as well as importers and even manufacturers. There might be a slight skew towards dumbasses who get busted more frequently and hence are more likely to possess crap product, but nevertheless by the time you take all sources (incl customs) into account I think you get a pretty good picture. It may not show every batch of acid and it may especially not show small batches maintained in small underground communities, but that is also not what we are really talking about. No one disputes that there is some good acid around. The discussion is really about the bulk commercial releases.

If we can start by getting rid of the obvious myths, then we are already a long way towards getting the real story. Just like most in this community are aware that strychnine content in LSD is a myth, we should ensure that ideas like TMA2 and ALD562 are put to bed the same way.

When I heard about this LSD-27, I looked on the web and all I could see was that Shulgin said that there was no such thing... so it is just a designer drug name apparently.