The Corroboree

Guerilla mycology

fyzygy

On 22/03/2023 at 12:43 PM, saguaro said:

surely shooting spores from a water gun is pointless - if the environment is correct in that area, they will already be growing (and sporulating)

Possibly, but they need to compete with other fungi which can be much more aggressive. The benefit is you can get to fresh chips and start sub spawn before other species have a chance to dominate. Every bit helps. 

• Like 1

shroom gun virtue signalling < established bulk methods which are only marginally more effort

edit: not trying to be negative towards people's good intentions, but I honestly don't believe this would do very much. Kinda like the 'pick n flick' myth

Edited by saguaro

This doesn't make sense to me:

"The reason why people are out “spreading this mycelium around is because we all feel the corporate thing coming and we don't like it,” he adds. Steve claims to have single-handedly created hundreds of magic mushroom patches in the US: “This is a way that I can make the experience more available. But there are a lot of people doing bigger and more elaborate things.”

not defending 'the corporate thing' by any means, but I don't think commercial interests in magic mush will make it any harder to go out picking than it already isn't

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...