The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

cool TV shows

Happy tree friends and friends SBS thursday 10pm

Childrens World ABC, thursdays 8:30pm

Did anyone catch the columbine high re-drama? Notice the bit about Zoloft and Luvox?

or the titan landing on catalyst? i missed that...does anyone know if they found water, or was it just indirect evidence?

thelema!!!! sure i remember you posting about the insidiously 'evil' nature ov television.

those are 2 good shows, --did you catch "the office"?

the star/writer/producer deserves all the accolades he's getting, it was brilliant; so well observed it made me cringe.

"shameless" sbs mondays 10:00pm--only seen 1 episode, but it looks promising

"the cutting edge" sbs tuesdays 8:30pm--bleeding heart pinko documentaries

"little britain" abc wednesday 9:00pm--new comedy series--not to everyones taste--kills me though.

You've only seen one episode of Shameless, because it was the only episode so far! :P

The Monday night 10pm slot on SBS is always good.

First it was Oz, which was awesome.

Then Queer as Folk, equally awesome.

Now Shameless, which I don't like as much as its predecessors, but it wasn't bad.

Other good shows:

Malcom in the Middle (Ch9)

Everybody Loves Raymond (Ch10)

Mediawatch (not on atm, but when it is it's 9:15 Monday night, ABC)

I don't really watch much tv, but I usually try and watch the above lot.

EDIT:

Secret Life of Us, unashamedly good, Channel 10, 10:30 most weeknights. I don't care what anyone says, the writers manage to raise some philosophical and social issues, and still have time to show the characters smoking a billy or taking MDMA. This is a show worth watching imo.

[ 18. February 2005, 07:55: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Ok I've been holding of on this all week but how good was "Battle Star Gallactica" on friday night , dam sucked me in glued to the set all Friday night !! Problem was i was at a party on Saturday night and missed part 2 ! So who watched it ? Did Starbuck make an appearence ? Come surely I'm not alone in being suprised at this show ? :D

CAN you still get the old battlestar galactica?

that was my fav show when I was a kid, I liked it better than star wars.

If you've missed tv shows like carnivale lately you can download them from www.tvtorrents.ws In fact Im half way through watching the second series of carnivale. Four hours after its live in the US Im watching it....heheheh!!

This show is on abc in the afternoon, last time a checked... Boobah is a childrens television show where small fluffy creatures run around completing missions, so talk only strange sounds are made. Then at the end of the day the sun which is a giant babies head calls them home. On some of the episodes the intro was some groovin psy-trance, the whole thing is in bright psychedelic patterned technicolour, with strange sounds and concepts abound, this is truly a great television show. The website is actually pretty cool too!

www.boohbah.com

salvidor--that poohbah thing is also sometimes on sunday morning, right after RAGE. i caught it once after very "heady" night out.

On some of the episodes the intro was some groovin psy-trance, the whole thing is in bright psychedelic patterned technicolour,

it's soo trippy i couldn't believe i wasn't actually hallucinating it.

checked it again another 'normal' weekend---yep, it's trippy as :)

That's cool I can find season 2 of carnivale without any problem. But season 1 on the other hand...

It's just that I missed all but one episode of season 1 and I want to see that before season 2 starts.

season 2? i knew there had to be more, i wasn't too stoked with the first ending, believing that to be the finish of it.

..friends and friends .. interesting show

little britain..not bad..loved it for a while..bit formulaic tho..but i guess that's kind of the appeal..to see where they can take the same gag each week. new series (based on first ep) seems a fair bit edgier & obscene

everyone loves raymond??? pleease [ imho ]

watch out for the trojans off tvtorrents.com

[ 20. February 2005, 20:10: Message edited by: coin ]

I'll back Apothecary on The Secret Life of Us ...what a mixed bag of goodies :cool:

Maca's teev piks:

Anything with motors,skateboards,ramps,stacks,tats,tits,music and how-to-cook-****.Besides that nature doco's are my fave.

I somehow miss the soothing sound of David Attenborough's voice these days :rolleyes: .

not sure whether its on regular tv but I can't get enough of a cartoon called family guy. Its like the simpsons but with way more twisted humor.

This is probably going to sound stupid but has anyone watched static on a TV when there really stoned? Better than winamp AVS plugins IMHO :D

Come on people! I can't believe no one's mentioned 'Joey'- Channel 9, Monday's at 7.30pm.

There's belly laughs a plenty on this show. Matt LeBlanc is a great actor and it's quality entertainment!

:rolleyes:

But I'd add Mythbusters to the list, they do some cool stuff. The "Danny Deckchair" episode was excellent and last weeks "Penny drops" was good too. I really thought that a coin dropped from a tall building would hurt someone but nup, nada!

And "YAY!YAY!, Special Ed on Crank Yankers cracks me up. YAY!YAY!"

RE:Secret Life of Us.

Does anyone else think it's strange that 2 blokey, beer swilling, supposedly straight guys live in such a kitchy, retro-cool apartment? They'd have to spend all their time dusting and shopping for knick-knacks surely?

anyone see "The Wire" when it was on?

awesome series.

really really REALLY good.

it was a cop show only it wasnt some NYPD bullshit with "theres a killer in the city we gotta find him" and by the end of the show they have got their man.

"The Wire" followed a police surveilance unit slowly moving in on this cocaine gang. had all the politics on both sides and all the stratergies used by both. no goodies or badies.

some of the best TV i have ever seen.

it follows this operation over a few months and at the end of it there isnt a whole "we won" kinda thing going - its much more realistic.

i definately recommend checking this out if its ever on again. TV at its best.

i also recommend checking out any movie on SBS.

[ 22. February 2005, 01:36: Message edited by: Hagakure ]

mythbusters is good stuff - though their conclusions can be dodgy on some stuff

theres been a lot of good stuff on lately it seems

docos, nature and history stuff

and the usual days tuff like landline etc..been doing organic farming topcs lately

watched and interesting lost worlds thing on the english language, and this arvo there was a doco on Easter island (Rap nui) and environmental/social history and catastrophe there

im sure its not always this good

only thing that shits me is gardening autsralia

usually i like it

but i have a suspicion they are setting up josh to be cundalls protoge

cundal is a quaint yet irritating old pom (lol which old poms arent??)

but josh is just a tool - period

Did someone catch the spanish film about ayahuasca smugglers and a several clearvoyants. I caught half of it on Saturday on SBS (I think it was SBS or Saturday).

most docus with anthropological stuff facinate me.

survival programs are cool too.

nature programs of course.

extreme sports - specially surfing.

'Happy tree friends'is a classic , the 'Simpsons' is the only reality TV i can watch .I have to agree that 'Shameless' is pretty crap :rolleyes: , that Monday night slot has big boots to fill , "Oz" was quite possibly my favorite show of last year :) , "Queer as folk" is starting to get a bit weiry and old but had me going for a few seasons :o .I love 'Dateline' but i am an info-maniac and there is never enough of that sort of stuff to keep me happy :confused: .Friday night footy just makes me feel great (sorta gives me a legitimate reason to drink beer in front of the TV )

There is a show called little brittian on abc t 9 pm on Wendsdays , it is a funny and twisted sketch comedy show :P

Battle Star Gallactica , 9.30 tonight

quote:

I'm exiceted ! - big kev.

only thing that shits me is gardening autsralia

usually i like it

but i have a suspicion they are setting up josh to be cundalls protoge

cundal is a quaint yet irritating old pom (lol which old poms arent??)

but josh is just a tool - period

Yeah Josh is a turnip, and about as charismatic as one too.

But I wouldn't worry about him taking over the whole show.

He'd have trouble carrying his own lunch-box, let alone a whole TV show!

I thought after he'd set up his permaculture garden, we'd be lucky and see the back of him but no such luck as yet.

PS. I remember watching an episode with my old-man and he was sure Josh was a woman! :D

Oh yeah , what about "Da Boosh" it's now on SBS in the early afternoon , this show cracks me up although I wonder if the kids who have just got home from school get it !

quote:

Yeah Josh is a turnip, and about as charismatic as one too.

But I wouldn't worry about him taking over the whole show.

He'd have trouble carrying his own lunch-box, let alone a whole TV show!

I thought after he'd set up his permaculture garden, we'd be lucky and see the back of him but no such luck as yet.

PS. I remember watching an episode with my old-man and he was sure Josh was a woman!

lol...

peter cundell makes gardening australia, i love him is and adorable man, would hate to see him retire.

Just watched ep 1 & 2 of Darknet.

Wtf!!!! Very freaky tv series.

Think i might give my brain a rest before watching any more.

• Like 1