The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

help Torsten on Rove Live

a friend of mine (no, not me) has started an informal campaign amongst interested people to innundate Rove to become interested and educated enough to get Torsten a spot on Rove Live.

I started to think, hey, hang on, does Torsten even KNOW about this?

Would Torsten even say yes if Rove contacted him?

This is f**kin crazy.

No, I have no interest and would refuse ANY interview. I have been asked by various big newpapers for comments on certain products and legislation changes over the years and have always declined. Knowing how the newspaper industry works means I wouldn't even give a good and trusted journo friend an interview as once I have said my piece the words and their context are entirely out of my control (and usually out of the control of the journo too!!!!).

Possibly the only publications I would give an interview for would be a dedicated harm reduction rag, student union newpapers, or any media organisation that will sign a contract that my full statement will appear unaltered.

Experience shows us that no matter how well-meaning, people like Siebert and Sean Shayan will almost always do more damage than good because that is what the media generally want to achive.

So whoever is entertaining that idea, please stop.

Someone much more entertaining and TV presentable would be Ray from HHH. I am sure he'd love the opportunity!

Hi Torsten Do u listen to Triple J? because Steve Cannane Has a half hour show called HACK which tackles many polictical, social and world wide issuse and other strange stuff but i believe that They would give u a far go or agree to a contract?? anyway just and idea but i'd love to hear Torsten or similar ppl speaking out to the community :)

yep, I love Hack. But still, I would prefer if someone who does not have a commercial interest (or someone who is happy to combine his commercial interest with publicity) was to do this.

I would like to one day promote Wandjina Gardens and AECA in this way, but I don't think the time is right. Maybe in a couple of years.

There are plenty of people who like to get themselves in the media. Ray just loves it. Darpan and Dean Jefferies are also made for it. Even Mulga had a stint on JJJ a few years ago I believe.

It's just not me.....

An interview didn't help Strike , and why Rove ? Isn't there a Fatwah out against him ? Oh i get it .I can't stand Rove , never watch his show and don't intend to start. I agree take a small target approach , there harder to hit. :P

IMO Andrew Denton is 10x the interviewer that Rove is... not bashing Rove, i still think his show is entertaining.

hav you ever been to a denton show live?

well, it killed it for me. Every bit of laughter is pre rehearsed, every smile is practised, every joke is done over and over until its delivery is perfect.

I've only been to a few studio recordings, but that was by far the worst. never been to Rove, but I presume it's not much different.

That is really f***ked. I always had an intuative dislike for Denton, and Im glad to see it vindicated. In my opinion he really is a manipulative svengali..and I suspect the self serving chooks will start to roost. Narcissim is a self destructive vortex. Makes me think twice about attending a live audience..even with the last bastion of critical review ...SBS.

hhmmm, now i may be new here,but iv been reading for a while n this post made me think....why the FUNK would anyone want a crazy tripper like torsten on their tv show!??! rove would never bother putting his watchers in the pain of watchin torsten for the whole 5 min hell be on.

Qoute

"hhmmm, now i may be new here,but iv been reading for a while n this post made me think....why the FUNK would anyone want a crazy tripper like torsten on their tv show!??!"

I think this a STUPID REPLY pritty childish calling Torsten a "crazy tripper".Torsten is a well respected ethnobotical mind and a great help around here and i think u should think before you "JOP" make such remarks about anyone

Jesus - I think the people who are trying to do this probably have the best intentions. But from rove's perspective it would be a novelty/freak act and would be exploited that way.

I doubt rove would be interested, but figured I'd make my statement against media anyway in case anyone considers any opther media outlet.

Torsten is absolutely correct. The last thing ethnobotanics needs is a freak show that the conservatives can use to lynch the lot of us :)

The law and public perception are fickle things.

I've had my little share of interviews with the media here and there and can only say one thing: Please, please, please, avoid media at all costs!

What do they call it in the business? 'Getting an angle on the subject? You know, when they twist everything around, take it out of context etc?

I will refrain from stating any more obvious reasons for this. even uttering a few words on this subject (ethnobotanicals etc) on tripple J can easily get out of hand(or out of the box...). there's absolutelly NOTHING to be gained from any more exposure(in my humble opinion of course).

Originally posted by devils_cactus:

"I'm short" - rove

LOL!! Imagine Rove standing next to me.... I am 6'5" :)

quote:

rove's perspective

the definition of true horror

[ 18. February 2005, 06:47: Message edited by: delysid ]

I don't know if anyone saw Rove this week, but Peter Hellier was dressed in a giant koala costume, and after ripping into Amanda Vanstone, he pulled a bong out, live on air.

Crowd went *gasp*. I was cacking myself.

Maybe it is time to get Torsten on Rove?

Personally I have a lot of respect for Torsten both personally and for taking on such a 'grey area' and creating a business and great community from his skills and experience.

If anyone wants to know about ethnobotanicals then they only need to log-on.

Fuck the media....there's more truth in fairy tales :P

Keep all of this sacred and special. People who need to know about this will find it. The mainstream (hate using that word) will only work to destroy something like this.

devils_cactus:

How profound.

You belong on the (I hate using this word) karate kid

(love using this word) .. GOLD .. :P