The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dozer

Stolen Cacti, Again....

All good Miss Meander, that made me smile :)

I'm just not into violence so to speak, so my animals can do it for me.

Like BOS said, guns don't kill people, it takes someone to actually pull the trigger. I have thought about a gun licence in the past but due to my nature I think it would be a bad idea for me and my family (and cactus fuckers)

• Like 1

Derk, I think I will have to make it almost like a space ship!

Like I said, could have stolen something worse.

Definitely agree guns dont kill people, people do but i still just dont like them for some reason - just me :) quite influenced possibly by being female perhaps...

I have a rusty tap pole for intruders personally..not that ive ever needed to use it :) for i fear if i weilded a firearm i would probably end up accidentally shooting myself lol

Good luck with it all dozer :) id send you my attack cat sign but it seems to be bolted in :)

• Like 1

Look, why resort to weapons for home defence? Befriend your neighbours, look out for each other. And if your neighbours are dicks then there's always cats with lazors.

• Like 5

Look, why resort to weapons for home defence? Befriend your neighbours, look out for each other. And if your neighbours are dicks then there's always cats with lazors.

Well... having a good relationship with the neighbors is a given if you ask me. But not everyone has neighbors close enough to them to be of much help. Also, neighbors likely asleep the same times as you would be. Neighbors usually have jobs, and aren't at home all day. Basically you can't depend on just your neighbors...

Not that a weapon is anymore dependable, though.

Edited by Derkshaman

Sorry to hear Dozer. I can send you a small cutting to get ya collection going again if you like? PM me and we can make it happen.

• Like 1

That's three people bending over backwards and offering me some cacti/seed, I almost feel ashamed if I say yes :blush:

I think I might stay here at SAB for a while LONG time.

Slightly off topic anecdote alert: A few years ago some smackheads tried a home invasion on my elderly dad, who was silly enough to open the front door at 3am. They hit him over the head with a bar of some kind, but they chose the wrong ex sawmiller to play with. He picked one of them up and threw him headfirst down a flight of stairs, the other one ran for his life. When the cops came it was pretty much high fives all round, there was no suggestion that my dad might be in any trouble resulting from his actions, but I guess they were "country cops".

Now my dad's neighbours stand well back after knocking on the door!

• Like 10

I hope you don't mind Glaukus, but that cracked me up!

Sounds like something my mother would do. (mum and dad got divorced while mum was pregnant with me)

I have seen her clean up a bunch of different things :worship:

• Like 1

This thread has made me laugh and smile, so bring on the joking bullshit :)

• Like 2

my whole point besides being slightly drunk

and doing my usual anti-american "jokes"

was that the gun thing was too drastic

but I guess I live in a low-violence and low-crime place

thus the idea of owning a gun is so alien...

who knows what I would be like if I had be born, say in Texas?

• Like 2

Totally off topic, but is that a videodrome picture as your display pic sagi?

• Like 1

i think i read somewhere Europe has higher crime and violence than america but lower cases ending in death? weird. not that it matters. ^^^ most certainly appears to be videodrome :).

• Like 1

I believe Colombia and some other central American countries have the highest murder rates, but personally I'd prolly rather be in central America than the middle east.

my whole point besides being slightly drunk

and doing my usual anti-american "jokes"

was that the gun thing was too drastic

but I guess I live in a low-violence and low-crime place

thus the idea of owning a gun is so alien...

who knows what I would be like if I had be born, say in Texas?

Sagi, I grew up with guns in my bedroom and I'm probably one of the strongest anti-guns people you'd meet. But I was taught about how to respect guns, and the first lesson I ever learned was that you never ever point a gun at anyone.

My dad's side of the family preferred their hands for setting disputes.

• Like 2

I was born in Texas it's not so bad... But the, those guys have guns so I better buy a gun logic is why Americans are killing each other in bulk almost weekly. The logic that guns don't kill people , people kill people is true...people kill people really quickly and efficiently when they can grab an ar15 out of the cupboard and 100 rounds of ammo. Australia's gun laws are sane and if I still want to go hunting with a rifle, which I do sometimes I can. It's a whole lot harder to commit mass murder with a bolt action 308. How many more school kids need there brain blasted out just for going to school before some sense is seen in the states.

• Like 2

Sorry to high jack your thread bro, that fuckin sucks. I posted a thread on cacti theft a few months back. Makes my blood run cold the thought of that shit happening. I rather deal with that up close with my bare hands than a fire arm. A 3ft long piece of Cuzco would make a pretty sweet beating device me thinks!

• Like 3

I read up a bit on the matter..

Yeah the sense of safety, crime rate, murder rate, gun-related death rate differs from european country to another and even from town to town of the same country, and of course from neighbourhood to neighmourhood, especially for big cities.

So in Greece with 10-11 mil population, and half of them living in the capital, Athens, you cant really compare crime rate of the capital to some smaller town.. the smaller the town, the more dangerous the capital seems in the comparison.

This having being said, I walked alone at high hours a lot when I was living in Berlin, capital of Germany, and was not afraid. Even after we were mugged at gunpoint (no idea if the gun was even real) at some remote east berlin area once..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Especially characteristic, in relation with guns, is the example of Canada.. A big country with huge hunting tradition where you have guns almost in every home. But the guns related cases and murders are very low...

• Like 1

PS: Being a fan of crime/drama films and crime TV shows, I have seen lots of them the last couple years...

just compare the top crime-drama TV series from USA (f.e. The Wire, The Shield, Homicide) with UK TV-series of the same genre "Life on Mars", and Danish TV-series of the same genre "The Killing" .

different types of policing systems, different types of attitudes to crime, different types of cops and attitudes to guns and killing someone.

That's a cool image , I want one on a shirt where did that come from?

• Like 2

Slightly off topic anecdote alert: A few years ago some smackheads tried a home invasion on my elderly dad, who was silly enough to open the front door at 3am. They hit him over the head with a bar of some kind, but they chose the wrong ex sawmiller to play with. He picked one of them up and threw him headfirst down a flight of stairs, the other one ran for his life. When the cops came it was pretty much high fives all round, there was no suggestion that my dad might be in any trouble resulting from his actions, but I guess they were "country cops".

Now my dad's neighbours stand well back after knocking on the door!

nice. yeah, people that steal and cause trouble here tend to get treated the same way. serious injury's if you ask me. but then to get me to that point, theyd have to be serious r-soles. had a few almost die here. doubt anyone would steal my plants.. I also, can send you some cactus if you wish.

• Like 1

I think it's an old image from "Digimon" , nut.

• Like 2

That's a cool image , I want one on a shirt where did that come from?

I got it from a Pokemon cactus Google search but my son thinks it's a digimon as Dozer said.

• Like 1

Togemon!

post-11556-0-80372000-1447974608_thumb.j

(yea for google!)

post-11556-0-80372000-1447974608_thumb.jpg

post-11556-0-80372000-1447974608_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kykeion
  • Like 2