The Corroboree
mr b.caapi

origin of your name!

theres a few spun out names used by people in this forum and i wouldnt mind finding out how some of them originated! :)

i use mine cause the very first order i got from the states was a prohibited import (caapi bark)

and i wanted to stir the customs up a bit.

"mr b.caapi"

it must have stirred them cause the package was intercepted. :D

sorry, no joke with mine . :)

it is just a shorter version of my first name, the way my frieds are calling me.

"Vins" instead of Vincent.

choosing to use it here and in all the forum i visit is a way for me to be honest and simple with everybody

I like my name and don't see much point in trying to stay anonymous. After all, the authorities have ways to find out about me anyway, so the only people I would be hiding from effectively would be the people I don't want to hide from.

I use Torsten in most places. It is scandinavian and is derived from "Thor" (the god of thunder and also the most powerful god in germanic mythology, equivalent to Odin and Wotan), and "Sten" which means stone. Both are symbols of strength.

I guess there is enough mythology in my name so that I don't need to make one up

In some places I use my nickname which is Tort. It was given to me by my friends in my "rave and consume" days who thought it was in line with my lifestyle at the time

Mine is pretty simple- I'm a chem freak, so half of my net handels reflect that. For ethnobotany and phytochemistry boards I wanted something relevent to chemistry and plants, Auxin fit good because you dont have to have a degree in phytochem to know its a class of plant hormones and its short enough for people to remember easy (not like gibberellin or brassinosteroid ).

Basically I have a different nick for each of my interests- it gives me a feeling of anonimity that I really like, so I have one for ethnobotany/phytochem, one for chemistry, one for gardening, and one for sex chat.

and mine is a joke based on what a tantric saint might be like,a sex and drug fiend?

t s t .

Chose mine from the very first book that started me on the ethnobotany path.....thanks Carlos!

I believe mine orginated from a party I once attended and upset the local village people after passing a few pipes around. Since then my mates that attended have called me "Chief".

Chief

i asked my inner voice,

who am i?

planthelper was the answere.

i don't like to be anonymous,

sincerely,

wolfgang pachner

My name reflects..., well, my name. When dealing with others I find it a lot simpler to remember one name over two and thought that others might feel the same, so my name is, and always has been, Michael S. Smith.

Great thing about it though is that the name in itself, even though it is my real one, offers anonymity by being so common.

As for true anonymity, well I don't give a rats ass, I probably got a nice little file with the FBI as it is and if they want me they could find me regardless of an internet nic.

~Michael~

Every time I read one of your posts M S Smith, I can here your voice in my head reading it. This is rather odd because I have meet many of the people on this board and there voices aren’t in my head. I will also never forget your face shimmering in the morning fire light at EB, like some crazed giggling being, was two cool :D

Quote from Mescalito,

"Chose mine from the very first book that started me on the ethnobotany path.....thanks Carlos!"

Was that Carlos Castenada, the teachings of Don Juan? I found that in my mother's bookshelf when I was 6, started me off to a life long interest :)

btw my nickname is from a movie i saw as a kid, turk 182

took my title from a reptile -gippsland waterdragon. this elusive creature has fascinated me from a young age, one of the few to defy capture due to its speed on land and in the water (swims better than a fish). the males can display a wealth of colour. even trying to photograph this thing is difficult. smart bastards will often play dead and then pissbolt at the last second.

auto, is shortened from auto302823, which was generated by some encrypted p2p email service I used to do some shroom orders a couple of years back. It all seems unecessarily clandestine now, but I've stuck with it here, well because it is my name. And it reminds me of that crazy 80's tv show where the electric blue guy drove around in his luminescant Lamborghini.

From a character in "On the Road - Jack Kerouac"

Ed Dunkel - A tall, affable friend of Sal and Dean's. Not too bright, he'll do anything Dean says.

(apparently....)

I had to pick a name quickly so I could get onto the site to organise plants and stuff. I had just read the book and the character was a bit of a behind the sceens guy. So I thought, "That'll do" and so stuck with it.

I used to post in another forum under the name "bad boy bubby" ,after the film, but is was a bit lame really.

My nick comes from the childrens Book and TV series "things that go bump in the night".. MrBumpy was a little Green monster that ate socks and would hang out with his pal Squishiton who lived in a toilet... truth is, I came across this when I was about 16 I think.. just like the name, so I started using it in chat and on forums.

-bumpy

mrbumpy, that show was screwed...good but screwed lol :)

when i was little, one day my uncle just started calling me gerbil, to tease and piss me off i guess, but it eventually stuck and became more of a laugh than anything.

I think he meant gerbil as in a lab rat at the start...but then the whole other side of gerbils is what made it stick,(and gave them more of a laugh) quite a bad name come to think of it hahaha

Was the only name i could think of when registering.

Mine comes from the traditional English tale about John the barleycorn having to die in order to form malt for beer brewing. At the time, I think I was trying to take a punk swipe at Amazonian rain bark sniffers, by advocating what is possibly the original entheogen. But apart from that, if I had to nominate the flora with which I have most experience, saccharomyces cerevisiae would probably be top of the list!

mr :D mojorisin.. fark all this time i didnt realize it was an anagram!! lol awsome.

my name comes from the name of a (fairly redundant) medicinal herb- ladies mantle (alchemilla /mollis, /vulgaris and /alpina). Apparently it means 'little alchemist' because the alchemists thought highly of it because its leaves collect alot of dew, which was important in their 'potions'. I thought it was good for me because I like the symbolism etc of alchemy, like experimenting with plants, and am a midget.

well, not a real midget, but i am short... :P

I am also involved in a business called alchemy herbs- which is a range of herbal teas.

narayan is another name for the hindu god Lord Vishnu who is the guardian of mankind,

its also the name of a prodigy song which has provided background music for many spiritual journies and everytime I listen to it it sends shivers down my spine.

[ 22. December 2003, 23:37: Message edited by: narayan ]

its also the name of a prodigy song

awesome song... ued to have that album and thrash it over and over...

have to get it again, plus the one before it with

"Voodoo People" on it ("Jilted generation"?)

well my name is a fusion of the names of my three younger kids:

Go-vinda

Ma-ria

Os-car

actually my full name is "Juland Gomaos"

which would consider my first 2 kids who live in germany

Jul-ia

And-rea

hehe

Mine is based on my favorite science fiction author. Jack Vance is a highly anthropological writer

who can describe the high and lows of human existence in one book.