The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

The tape is only an estimate but I think this has a fair bit to grow yet. I couldn't believe it estimated so heavy I thought about 170kg. Just gotta keep watering it now and hope it doesn't split or just stop growing.

• Like 4

yeah mildew is popping up bad, been spraying with milk but will hit it with Sulphur in the morning.

As for what to do with them when they are done! I propose a pumpkin regatta. Winner takes all! All you pumpkings, pumplords and pumpwannabes turn your pumpkins into water craft and race them down a river or across a lake!

• Like 4

Lmao. Set a record pumpkin weight, then set a record for distance travelled in the fucker! Not THAT would be cool...

• Like 2

I'm seriously thinking about it, I weigh 94 kgs and am 183cm tall so its going to have to be a big pumpkin to carry me but if it goes 300kg I think it will manage. Might do it for a charity or something? Douse lagoon would be over 200metres across maybe a bit more. Would be shit to sink in but its full of eels and turtles and gross muddy shit lol.

• Like 3

If I where growing a pumpkin it would look like yours stillman. (Though I dare say a touch larger)

• Like 3

is this a one horse race or is everyone else like me and just to embarrassed to post a picture of theirs?

Mine has gone in the ground recently, and it's only just getting warm here - so it's possible but improbable that I'm still in the comp... we shall see my precious, we shall see...

• Like 1

So that we keep everybody else interested and you all keep posting updates I will put up a prize pack for the second biggest / heaviest pumpkin.

I will let you know soon on what is in it.

Sorry Skillman but you have set such a high standard no one else wants to play any more. :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 5

Nah, I'm still in, my runners are going for it, reckon I should be into pollinate-athon in the next fortnight.

Here and now - If I get one as big as skillman's, I'm up for trying to paddle it from south perth to barrack street...

• Like 3

I'm in still, there heaps of time left.

post-13531-0-35566600-1385447292_thumb.j

post-13531-0-35566600-1385447292_thumb.jpg

post-13531-0-35566600-1385447292_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I still want to play! I just play in kiwi-time.

We just do things a bit differently around here, with the whole no sunshine for a month thing.

The growth of my plant is finally starting to gather some momentum, and its absolutely covered with buds. All in good time.

• Like 5

I'd cut the water right back on that big boy soon so it doesn't split, Stillman.

The powdery mildew shouldn't matter much at this stage, the vine naturally dies off as the pumpkin ripens anyway.

Edited by Sally

I certainly haven't counted any one out for the win especially not you WB. The Tassie boys have been known to be slow starters but when they get going................................................................................................................................... who knows what will happen. :)

I am mainly hoping to keep people interested in there own grows as it must be hard when Skillman has produced that monster in just on a month. :o

Ok the first item in the prize pack is a nice fat Len pup ( Peruvian ).

To make it fair I will also supply a custom made pumpkin trophy for the winner as well.

Cheers

Got

• Like 5

Yer I guess least I can do is offer a prize of sorts.

A trichocereus scopolicola "hulk" 20cm rooted tip cut for third place.

• Like 2

lol Got....yeah we keep on bangin on like a dirty old diesel

Holy shit custom trophy.....can we make it like the ashes/america cup ...lol...?....travels to the next years winner....

to keep the piccie flow, heres the southern division....had to take a few steps back from the last time

DSCF9036_zpsdd62a6f8.jpg

• Like 7

im still in, i dont even care if i only grow a 1kg pumpkin. Its still 1kg bigger than incognito, so im happy

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios
  • Like 8

You got a good one started, good shape and colour.

20ml molasses

50ml triple boost professional

5litres water

foliar spray 2 or 3 times a week.

• Like 2

I am mainly hoping to keep people interested in there own grows as it must be hard when Skillman has produced that monster in just on a month. :o

To make it fair I will also supply a custom made pumpkin trophy for the winner as well.

Cheers

Got

It's okay Got, I have quenched my sorrows by telling myself that Skillman is simply not human, but instead a horticultural prodigy from a distant planet of plant-loving aliens :lol:

This trophy sounds like a cool idea. Maybe someone could make a bargain with Amz to carve a little golden pumpkin out of some orangeish stone to go on the top?

• Like 2