The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psylo

Should Psylo be banned from SAB?

Should Psylo be banned from SAB?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Poll idea:

"What's your impression of people who start threads entirely about themselves?"

Psylo I think your a top bloke but your part of the SAB family now, so love it or hate it your

here for life. ( unless they ban you )

On another note we need more people with mycological ideals and to see you go would

see the forum loose a asset .But if you go we can still catch up and chat at sexaholics anonymous

you should of had a undecided option in the vote

psylo.jpg

Is there a way to delete your SAB account?

Obviously psylo wanted to be deleted because he not only drew admin attention to this thread by reporting it [go figure], but also by deleting thread titles and content in many other threads, which he knows is a terminal offence. 'suicide by cop', ie 'suicide by admin' it seems.

Yeah Guys, pointless deletion of Content is absolutely not acceptable around here. Have been moderating Psylo for a long time and as long as he was willing to play within some rules, i didnt have a problem with his provocative character but thats a no go. I guess thats it for good.

psylo, just what's going on in your psyche? this just comes across as self obsessed, or is this just one big joke to you??

either way i couldn't really give a shit

Obviously psylo wanted to be deleted because he not only drew admin attention to this thread by reporting it [go figure],

but also by deleting thread titles and content in many other threads, which he knows is a terminal offence. 'suicide by cop', ie 'suicide by admin' it seems.

Is it official?, has Psylo been banned ?

*goes to check 'The Random Thread' still has a title.. ..

I think we should pin 'The Random Thread' in memory of Psylo,lol, cause it is a good thread to just plonk any odd thing in, without the need to start a new thread that may not get any replies?!

Says Permanently Banned above his avatar, so I guess he's gone for good, unless he tries to re-invent himself.

What a strange way to go, a complete narcissist and so disruptive with it.

Don't worry Amz, he can't delete anything anymore. Random Thread is safe.

ok folks,

carry on now

nothing to see here

Is it official?, has Psylo been banned ?

*goes to check 'The Random Thread' still has a title.. ..

I think we should pin 'The Random Thread' in memory of Psylo,lol, cause it is a good thread to just plonk any odd thing in, without the need to start a new thread that may not get any replies?!

I did what I could to rebuild the thread. I.e. I rewrote the title and his first post to try to minimise the damage done.

^ So he had a crack at that thread huh?!. . When I read ^ this, I felt responsible as I mention that I liked 'The RandomThread' and thought he had done it out of spite, but I just looked and the first deleted post in that thread was done by Psylo at 6.17pm..about an hour and a half before I made my post here ...(post #20). Phew! It wasn't my fault. But I bet the bugger was laughing when I made that post and thanked him for creating The Random Thread. LOL.

Edit:...technically it was the second post in that thread he deleted. But it's all the same... I wish people wouldn't delete content when they are on their way out. Why can't people leave gracefully and quietly?

There are no martyr's on the internet. No matter how much he wanted it.

Goodluck with the next "cult of psylo". May they be as gulable as the last

RIP

If Psylo reads this - and he will - let him know that I think he's a smart chap, and he will be missed for his second-to-none comedic commentary. But immaturity soured the cream.

There is only one way to settle this ETHNODOME

its weird when psylo started acting funny(changed his name) then a new member joined (not saying it is him ) as that member made remarks

that sounded exactly like psylo. So maybe psylo is still with us or his alter ego is.its not hard to make a new account

bigred = pyslo

I really dont see psylos deletion of post as an issue, he wrote the words, he should be able to delete them. I know many will disagree but i am allowed my view, while accepting others. My view is an ambiguous one tho, in that partially agree with the other view, but anyway...

^ hmmm, I find it ruins the flow of a thread when there are chunks missing :)

This forum is not just for the moment of the discussion, but also a reference. We have 10 years worth of stuff here and it it very annoying when you do a search and end up with trashed threads that don't make sense anymore. That is why we have always had a copyright notice that transfers all copyright of posted content to the forums. It has always been limited copyright [ie we can't reproduce it anywhere other than the forums]. We have had this copyright since a few months after the first incarnation of this forum, so anyone not happy with it doesn't have to post here.

Yes as i said Torsten, i am ambiguous about it, if it is ur right to keep someones words maybe you should lock the posts as made?? As i said i have an ambiguous view.

Ultimately its ur website T, and yes you may have limited copyright, but how do you copyright edits that are not quoted??? They are gone unless u are aware, behave like a dictator and lock the posts, or do you have another way? I wouldn't mind if psylo deleted all his posts as he was rarely helpful in creating a harmonic atmosphere.

we've had l;ong discussions about this before and in general people prefer to have some option of editing in case there is a pressing need to do so in certain circumstances. Editing usually means just that, rather than deleting. I prefer to think that the majority of members have the respect for each other and future memebrs to adhere to this honour code rather than locking it down tight light a kindergarden.