Short doco about neurosoup girl

havn't seen this discussed here before

what do you think?

• Like 1

Is this the underground LSD parties one

It's pretty messed up wat happened to her that dude was insane

• Like 1

lol mental

I watched it a few weeks ago (I was intrigued by the YT thumbnail :P ). It was pretty fuckin' nuts - but I must say, that never before have I seen an example of so much entheogen usage resulting in so much self-delusion. I think the self-delusion is actually rather common - that entheogen usage does not preclude it by any means.

• Like 1

.. yep fun and games until someone invites you to a motel and forces intravenous DMT into your mans-business for 6 days while strangling and screaming at you ..

I really didnt like her book, i mean really didnt like the book.

but it was nice to see this video, certainly not quite the image i had gotten of her from the book or neurosoup vids. the book comes across as pretty delusional, but she seems a bit more down to earth in this (maybe from not taking so many entheogens anymore).

The end story is pretty screwed up ey!

Book comes across as delusional in what way?

I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

I cant stand this bitch. Not only is she boring to listen to, but she spouts SO MUCH bullshit. There was a video of a guy ranting about her, but I can't find it. She makes me pretty angry, when I bother to think about her.

• Like 2

I retract my comment. i want to bang the old her. she looks like a washed up mung bean now

• Like 5

i was just reading the other day about people who use excessive vocal fry in their voice, and how it may damage ones professional image,

and then this video appears,

huh

Yea, let's totally judge her based on her looks and inability

To maintain a youthful look and reverse the ageing process.

I will admit though, she is so blase and laughs about screwed up experiences

At times which is a tad worrying. Maybe that's just a coping mechanism, nervousness,

Or an ability to overcome and laugh in hindsight.. I'm not sure.

i for one think having dmt injected into your mr. man and being threatened with death could be an interesting way to overcome ones attachment to this mortal coil,

like a psychonaughts take on the sudden enlightenment school of southern chinese chan

• Like 1

.. i'll stick to the coil thanks :wink:

what i was wondering about more was what this says about 'the medicine' .. does this make any of you wonder about the 'link' between psychedelics and spirituality ?

• Like 1

i should put my friends journey on utube :blink: its way worse or good?? :o

Edited by bullit

.. yep fun and games until someone invites you to a motel and forces intravenous DMT into your mans-business for 6 days while strangling and screaming at you ..

fun yeah!?!?!?!

How is her book "lysergic", delusional? I found the book hard to read, given the decadent lifestyle to which she was exposed, and seemed to brag about all the time, and i personally found the spirituality that she tries to express through the descriptions of experiences very disjointed. I just couldnt gel with it, and would never recommend it, it rings to me as the type of book that should be read by those already experienced, certainly not as a book that must be read, and i would be concerned that the uninitiated would totally get the wrong idea on a few substances.

I have also experienced delusional psychedelic journeys through periods of abuse in my own life, and i dont think it is uncommon at all. That the experinces can unground us and can be hard to come to terms with. I just feel that this book is the result of one of those journeys, and should have instead been written after a lot of afterthought.

Re: sudden enlightenment school of southern chinese chan, never heard it referred to as that, but love the philosophy.

lol, It all starts going wrong when you decide to become a stripper. She should have listened more to her mother's advice.

• Like 2

I was never a fan of her videos, permafried units like her do nothing for the cause.

• Like 2

cheers for the link, signal to noise ratio seems to be a bit better there

thanks for your input obtus

.. things like this that exemplify why i get frustrated by any alignment of psychedelics with spiritual ideas. when i first became interested in ethnobotany i went with the idea that psychedelics afforded a privileged space for realisation, but i think this is naive, and i have no faith in this link. i think altered states in general are closer to being a just a beautifully degenerate form of ordinary awareness rather than an expansion of a person's ability to act in the world. ime drugs offer no greater chance for growth than any other activity, provided it's approached in a fitting way.

Why is it more palatable to people to frame ethnobotany in a Ram Dass, Tim Leary or Terrence McKenna way, rather than the Hunter S. Thompson spirit of pure delirium ?

• Like 3

I think there is room for both the fear and loathing experince, and the deeply spiritual couterpoint, its really a matter of experince and how well you are able to maneuvour through the space.

I definitely feel that entheogens can provide a heightened state of awareness that can provide an exquisite spiritual experience. interesting point about "degenerate" as you put it, but understand what you mean as the potential is there. I have encountered many people who do have that degenerate experience, and for them the experience becomes meaningless and referred to jokingly as a stupid thing they did once, and never went back. As i am getting older i am learning to catch those moments to express my surprise, and confide with my own experiences as a counterpoint.

cheers, Ob.

• Like 1

I found the Doco maker dude much more annoying than her.

cheers for the link, signal to noise ratio seems to be a bit better there

thanks for your input obtus

.. things like this that exemplify why i get frustrated by any alignment of psychedelics with spiritual ideas. when i first became interested in ethnobotany i went with the idea that psychedelics afforded a privileged space for realisation, but i think this is naive, and i have no faith in this link. i think altered states in general are closer to being a just a beautifully degenerate form of ordinary awareness rather than an expansion of a person's ability to act in the world. ime drugs offer no greater chance for growth than any other activity, provided it's approached in a fitting way.

Why is it more palatable to people to frame ethnobotany in a Ram Dass, Tim Leary or Terrence McKenna way, rather than the Hunter S. Thompson spirit of pure delirium ?

such sane words...I can hear angels singing.

these are some of the reasons why the word "entheogen" makes me cringe a little. as if it's a quality that's built-in to these substances, or a reliable effect. but so does the word "spiritual" - because that is much more poorly defined, or inherently vague.

I have nothing to add about Krystal, but I do like her low-nonsense/bias harm minimisation efforts.

• Like 2