The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

1-4-b?

Just wondering if this excellent cd cleaner is available anywhere in oz at the moment.

No, but seriously, for me this is the best antidepressant there is.

The other day, I was feeling low down and worn out and crappy, tyrosine and tryptophane just made me tired but didn't change my mood until I had some of my last 1-4-b...

10 minutes later the lousy feeling disappeared and I could happily proceed with what I was doing.

It's got so many uses, admittedly it can also be abused easily, but I've never done that, never felt the need to.

I know the government wants to make it illegal, but as far as I not that hasn't happened yet.

Does anyone know where to get some?

hy Gomaos,

is it a chemical products ?

i ask you because euphoria and mood is the more difficult efffect to have with plants.

Guest electro

it is a chemical vins..

and i also think it IS illegal here frown.gif

like gbl, i think it is legal fo some uses, but not others... eiher way it is not supposed to be accessable by the public (ie u can buy from chem supply places) but u need a damned good reason and maybe even approval from the government ?

I say this coz gbl is supposed to be flat out illegal, yet ericsson australia still uses it by the truckload as a cleaning solvent for their circuitboards (good thing it's a greenish solvent smile.gif

... why not give making ghb a go ... rhodium is a good place to lok if you want to start from things that arent controlled/as controlled)

Guest si
Originally posted by gomaos:

Just wondering if this excellent cd cleaner is available anywhere in oz at the moment.

Does anyone know where to get some?

How much do you need ???

Not much...just for personal use.

And I may be mistaken, but officially it's not illegal yet.

I would have emailed you but that doesn't seem possible.

You could email me...

see below

R

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 02 December 2002).]

Guest reville

If its not illegal why not just buy from Aldrich?

Its very widely used in industry for all sorts of applications, cleaning, as an ingredient in making plastics etc...

1,4-butanediol 99% 1L 40.20

Just order through Sigma pool chemicals

and if it does become illegal just return whats left to sigma, couldnt be any easier.

As long as you arent intending to sell it as a drug i dont see how it could cause any hassle, it has its legitimate uses.

Any other opinions on that?

R

"If its not illegal why not just buy from Aldrich?"

Sure, you can buy from Aldrich. That is if you dont mind being given the runaround in hopes that youll give up, and then being treated like a rabid crackhead criminal when you dont, and then be reported to the authorities if you succedd (its a precursor to a illegal drug y' know.)

I successfully got some plant hormones from them, and the gal on the phone didnt seem to happy about it.

When i bought some i just rang through to the pool chemical division , ordered it, they said it'd take a week, it did.

I went and picked it up, they asked me what for and i said cleaning.They handed it over, no more Q's , no ID needed.

that was year ago

Is it really a precursor?

I thought only GBL was.

(reville channelling through Darklight)

R

Thanks for the great information.

I'll try that.

Rev, how much do you dilute it since it's 99%?

"Is it really a precursor?

I thought only GBL was."

Yup, its a precursor. Lots of things are: GBL, tetrahydrofuran, 1,4-dihydroxybutane, 4-bromobutanoic acid, 4-bromobutanal, etc, etc, etc... Given some time I could figure out a method that uses green apples as the precursor. The histeria over precursors has gotten so severe over here that if you buy more than the 'usual' quantity of ice the cops follow you home!

I believe 125ml 99% into 1L distilled water would give the desired concentration - this is what i was told by a currently absent forum member.

This stock solution is then used in batches of 15 to 30mls.

If thinking of using for purposes other than cleaning i recommend you always find out what the other 1% is. As far as the information i found indicated the product i had listed the other 1% as being H2O - a much more insidious precursor, as Auxin points out, for the production of early every illicit material in existence, and highly addictive in its own right

My gnomes would like to hear from anyone who can hook them up with a discrete supplier of this high quality product as supplies are getting hard to come by locally and we're worried the TGA might add it to the schedule list anyday now

(rev channelling through DL... transmission ends)

R

Auxin, why did you list 1,4-dihydroxybutane as an additional (correct me if I am wrong) precursor to 1,4,-butanediol... surely they are exactly the same compound?

I was talking about gamma-hydroxybutyric acid precursors.

my mistake frown.gif

if anyone does manage to source some of this in bulk, and wants to... redistribute some of it to their fellows who also have dirty, filthy CDs to clean, then please email me at [email protected]

Guest si

There is availability for this product.

If you are interested, post your e-mail address and a gnome will be in contact shortly.

sI

whats that bitch?!!! what has gemot@hushmail got to do with anything?

hey psy wink.gif

edit: naughty naughty loaded should not be investing his time and money in such things

Edited by loaded