The Corroboree
ballzac

wandjina

Just noticed "today's birthdays", and can't help feeling a little sad. She was one of the members I most admired when I first came here and while I never got the opportunity to meet her in person, I always thought there was something special about her. It hasn't been that long, but I'm hoping those that knew her can take this opportunity to think of her and celebrate her life.

• Like 11

i saw this this morning. while i didn't know her personally i thought of her and the people here.

happy birthday wandjina, you are remembered.

from her post's that i read it seemed she had a heart of gold and wouldnt hurt a soul.

I feel for her family, Her poor daughter.

Yeah I saw that too, shame.

I only met her once in person at a meet, and though I couldn't say I knew her well, she seemed like a really cool chick.

Happy Birthday Penny.

She was a beautiful soul.

She filled so many lives, and left an enormous hole when she parted.

I still can't grasp that she's gone.

I met Penny at the 2009 EGA and thought she was awesome, she had such a warm friendly vibe. I have the 2011 EGA journal on my desk at work and occasionally read through Penny's essay on coming to terms with dying. People of her caliber deserve so much more time on this earth.

• Like 1

Pretty much fucked with my day when i saw that its her birthday. Dont think i need to say more.

Happy Birthday, Penny! Take good care!

I want to be sad about this, but Penny was such a damn positive person it just doesn't seem right, so instead...

Cheers Penny! A birthday toast to you and your incredible awesomeness! Thankyou for sharing it with us!

• Like 1

we never met but your certainly missed

Penny was someone I felt immediately at ease with. She was warm, friendly, as well as really intelligent and insightful. I can only imagine how aggreived those who knew her well would be about her loss, she's sorely missed even by acquaintences.

she was extreemly smart, and a very good cook, and had a lot of other, above average skills.

she told me a lot of her life, and a lot of it was very sad, if a person would deserve, to have a long and wonderfull life than it would have to be her.

We disagreed a bit, we probably would have more only we recognised that in each other and chose to respect the other's position. I liked her anyway.

You don't need to agree with people to be aware of the positive contributions they make and to respect their input. I'm glad she made her mark where she did, it was well put

I hope wherever she is, she is happy and peaceful. Vale, cobber

PS, does anyone have a copy of her 2011 EGA talk or essay? I don't recall if I caught it but I know I hoped to. I hear it was excellent

Edited by Darklight
  • Like 2

Love u Penny, will never forget your beautiful smile. Always in my heart.

here is wanjinas beautifull smile, i thought long about if i should post this photo, but it seems wanjina loves me to post it.post-70-0-34665500-1348715707_thumb.jpg

penny_wanjina30.07.05.JPG

penny_wanjina30.07.05.JPG

• Like 2

We disagreed a bit, we probably would have more only we recognised that in each other and chose to respect the other's position. I liked her anyway.

You don't need to agree with people to be aware of the positive contributions they make and to respect their input. I'm glad she made her mark where she did, it was well put

I hope wherever she is, she is happy and peaceful. Vale, cobber

PS, does anyone have a copy of her 2011 EGA talk or essay? I don't recall if I caught it but I know I hoped to. I hear it was excellent

She wasn't able to make it to EGA '11 in the end to talk due to her health, but there is a very personal article in the journal from that year that she wrote on the topic of entheogens and death.

I contacted her about it a month after EGA and it saddened me to find out that I had been the only person at that stage to contact her to congratulate her on the emotionally moving piece of writing. I'm sure you can purchase the journal on the EGA page if you can't find your own...

Miss you Penny.

I so regret being in a silly selfish place last year when my life was really busy and I didnt stop to think. And i knew you were ill, but i trusted that you would beat it and get better.

I miss our online conversations, and those time we met was like catching up with an old friend who id always known.

Cheers, Ob.

I really didn't know penny that well, the last and only time I met her was with cs. We had a huge 1.

She seemed lovely and charged!

I never knew at all she was sick until bacchant informed me at ega 11. Out of loops am I. Rest in peace penny.

Love u Penny, will never forget your beautiful smile. Always in my heart.

http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=12500

I simply couldn't believe my eyes when i looked at her art in this thread you linked.

I saved these pictures to my computer from erowid about three years ago and i loved them so much.

I had the cockatoo as my background on my computer for close to a year.

I never had anything to do with Penny, but her stunning artwork made an impact on my life when i was very lost.

So thank you Penny for sharing the bright side of life with the world :)

• Like 1