The Corroboree
migraineur

WTB: Blue + Red corn seeds.

Hi.

Does anyone have any red or blue varieties of corn? I am looking for seeds such as blue hopi and bloody butcher but other varieties also interest me.

i have aztec red which did not germ and i have hopi blue which i put in too late but did manage to get some small cobs just dont know how viable they'll be so send me your addy and i'll post you out some.

There was a guy i met at EGA who grows Blue corn. He was going on and on about it :P

He said he was going to join the forums. I wonder if he is here? He said his name would have corn in it

cant remember who else was talking to him, maybe distracted, eth or amz? They might remember more

Im pretty sure someone exchanged details with him

^ Yeah, he joined SAB.. he calls himself ...cornelius (i will need to double check that name spelling), and he made a few posts, but i haven't seen him for a while?!.

EDIT:.... cornilius maximus.

:)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Incognito and myself grew some Hopi blue last season, I only saved enough seed for myself. But it might be worth hitting Incog up.

I have some popcorn maize growing out the back with ears forming nicely, I intend to dry a heap out, if you remind me in a month or so I can give you a handful of these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maize

I'd love some if you got a few seeds left.

A Pm to you is now on my list for the evening....

migraineur i have Japanese stripes corn with dark red to the black piston and Oaxacan green with green piston.

I am from europe.

Edited by pan

I kinda feel bad jumping in on the blue corn seeds... If migraineur (

PMing addy now. Thanks el presidente Hillbillios

migraineur i have Japanese stripes corn with dark red to the black piston and Oaxacan green with green piston.

I am from europe.

Thanks for the offer, man. I can source some other ones locally at the moment. Your kindness is appreciated though. What do you think of those varieties?

Yes please El.P - I spent last night looking up heirloom corn - sounds fantastic!

I received the blue corn seeds today :) . Thanks Hillbilly.

When i have excess ears of corn growing..., i am going to make blue popcorn. Heck, i might even thread some on a string, and give blue popcorn necklaces away at plant meets...Edible necklaces !!

Thanks again Hillbilly.

• Like 1

Yes m8! Thanks so much. I meant to send thank you pm your way yesterday. Cheers :worship:

my blue corn has germinated so the kernels i have are still viable if anyone missed out on Hillbillys give away pm me.

has anyone seen this variety before ?

post-9715-0-08933400-1349494780_thumb.jp

post-9715-0-08933400-1349494780_thumb.jpg

post-9715-0-08933400-1349494780_thumb.jpg

• Like 1