The Corroboree
niggles

EntheonGaia Nov 2-4 Northern QLD

--edited for update--

Greetings everyone,

The EntheonGaia website is now up and running. www.entheongaia.com.au

The team from EntheonGaia would like to take this moment to thank you all for your support during our pre event process. The support has been overwhelming to say the least and with this in mind, we have increased the length of the conference by 1 day and we have changed the venue location. This now means that our program will be finishing @ 12pm on Monday the 5th of November, 2012, instead of Sunday the 4th. We will be announcing our new venue details in October 2012.

The time has now come for the EntheonGaia online application process to begin. Please follow this link www.entheongaia.com.au/online_applications to make your submission.

Online Applications make the process of selecting and communicating with performers, volunteers and market stalls much easier, and allow participants of the event to provide us with up to date information to be used in the selection process and promotion of the event. If you are submitting an application for performance or for a market stall, the information relating to your act may be used in the website, so make sure that what you submit is current and accurate.

You will need to upload some images during your application. The image specifications are outlined near the upload tool. The easiest way to upload an image is take an image already on the web .. perhaps from your facebook or myspace.. as these images will be a reasonable size and quick to upload. If you are uploading an image taken from a camera, be mindful of the image size - hi-res images can get quite large and take a while to upload.

If you are applying as a dj / live act / band, you will need to provide some sound samples. One of the best ways to do this is to set up a Sound Cloud account - which lets you host your music for free. Please make sure that the music samples/mixes that you upload are downloadable so we can check them out.

The Online Applications System should work in any web browser, but we do recommend using FireFox as it is the best browser in terms of standards compliance.

We hope that this message has you all safe and well,

warm regards,

EntheonGaia.

Edited by niggles

Any links that aren't Facebook? It sounds pretty interesting.

I dont think they have a website online yet... Im waiting for them to post it and I will update it here.

looks like im going to need to be in QLD for around 2 months at the end of this year, from this until the end of mayan calender/summer solstice doof. fun times ahead, northerners!

Any links that aren't Facebook? It sounds pretty interesting.

True that, it does sound interesting...

And i am also facebookless, so i will keep my eye out here, thanks niggles.

We should all go?

:)

• Like 1

I need to start booking holiday time. Sounds like the end of the year is when it's at, North Queensland is where it's at. We're going to need a calendar too, so we can travel from event to event.

somebody here must know who is organising entheon gaia!!! surely? at the very least i'm guessing an EGA patron thought "hmmm i could do one of these"

I need to start booking holiday time. Sounds like the end of the year is when it's at, North Queensland is where it's at. We're going to need a calendar too, so we can travel from event to event.

i've taken the liberty of putting this in the SAB calender which you can find beside the forum and members buttons at the top.

• Like 1

All I know is that one of the speakers from the last EGA (and an occasional patron of this forum) is coming out again for this as a speaker.

I'm bummed that I won't be able to make it. Too far for me...

Hey Thunder I heard Ray from HHH was behind it. Dont quote me though.

Just got this update from the EntheonGaia crew -

We are currently working on our website which looks to be launched in about 4wks time, just before the Solstice.

We will have an area for you where you will be able to submit your details, similar to what you did when you volunteered for EGA.

I will let you know when we go live!

I hope that this message has found you safe & well!

warm regards,

Warwick. aka Waz - EGA Vols coordinator 2011

(Im a volunteer! :) )

• Like 1

EntheonGaia is sounding like it will be very good, very worthy of our support. It's being run by a well organized group that work on EGA in 2011 and they were very much inspired by that event and format, it's supported and aligned with EGA but not an EGA in the official sense. But definetely part of the growing plant community and just in time as EGA break for a year or two from its full scale events. I believe Ray & HHH are planing an event for 2013 and EGA will be back in 2014 for a large scale event. So the plant head events calendar seem to be growing and events diversifying so good news is tn the wind for our community.

As you can see, EGA/Lost Tribes is still running an interesting but smaller indoor fundrazer tour this year with Graham Hancock, Dennis McKenna and Mitch Schultz extending from Melbourne to Sydney & Brisbane, and I'II start a EGA thread soon but we're still working on the flyer art so I'm holding off till then before we start our advertisement push.

Hancock & McKenna: 2012 Origins of Consciousness Tour

In 2002 Ethnobotanica blow my mind, good to see EGA do the same for others ;-) and now EntheonGaia will i am sure.

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 5

Ronny! You just made my day, week, month and year!

Now, to find some sort of diversion to help the time pass until 2014 :blink:

• Like 1

I'm sure I remember a post on SAB about a similar event later this year at the Tablelands. That one was crazyballs expensive to get into, tickets were like $200 last time I checked. I wonder what the cost for this one is?

Edited by Belching

I'm sure I remember a post on SAB about a similar event later this year at the Tablelands. That one was crazyballs expensive to get into, tickets were like $200 last time I checked. I wonder what the cost for this one is?

Do you have any of the details for it?

I am interested to investigate.

EGA in 2014 !!? ....That's for ever away !. I hope its going to be a huge outdoor one that runs for like a minimum of a week :)

Well at least all us SABers have plenty of time to save for flights, and book for holidays, etc..., I expect everyone to attend the 2014 EGA. :)

(PS. EGA organizers do such an outstanding job (no words really to describe how great), and they do deserve a break.)

:)

• Like 1

Im still excited.

Anyone wanna pick me up from sunshine coast airport on the 30th? I wanna go early and help setup and be in the bush.

Heck yeah this has given me something to be excited about now :)

Theorganisers for entheogengaia are busy with another event right now, so I presume once that settles down they will get busy with the end of year event and put up a website etc. This event is the weekend before eclipse, so make sure you take enough time off to make it a big one.

$200 is diddlysquat for such an event. when we organised EB with just two international guests the $120 didn't even cover half the cost. You get what you pay for.

Yep, costing looks good and I agree with Torsten completely, events cost load to create and pull together. Time, energy and $ are a lot to ask of people and an event to this scale requires dedicated and long-term attention from the organizers to hit the spot. Time have changed, the cost to run an event 10 years ago would almost have doubled, a lot has changed and getting permits and working with local government is a must for a sustainability model. Qld would not be as costly or as regimented as Vic but it in no easy task non the less.

:worship:

Also seems these guys have there harts and head in a good space, still not 100% but sure are hoping to make this myself.

• Like 1