The Corroboree
PsillyBean

Magnificent experiences....of a friend.

Would it be something worth sharing on this forum? that is a section giving recollections of wonderful experiences/feelings/insights etc from when in altered states. Obviously only from what a friend of a friend has told. The idea comes from Bill Hicks, when he pointed out how the news only reports the bad side and not the example of " today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." I dunno, maybe it would be seen as bad form and not content for the site. What are peoples thoughts? I think it would be great hear peoples thoughts when of another space. Maybe its too much of a personal thing...

As much as people like to get messed up and tell other people about it, I dont think its a good idea.

Edited by quarterflesh

I think it would be Great to have a thread where one could throw in a sentence or two of great significance, rather then a story of any further length.

+ it gives other people reading it a nice thinker at the moment or it might just come up when the person is "messed up"

Which may lead to - I believe - very interesting responses to some contributions in the thread :P

• Like 1

This existence is but a dream, and every time a dream is over another begins, we think we wake up but this is passing over in to another dream, and when we learn to control the dreams, we stop being an innocent bystander, then the dreams can take any form we choose. Eternal love.

• Like 1

Time is but a preconception of this dream to give it limits, so that we can pass on to the next dream and continue dreaming for an infinite time.

• Like 1

As much as people like to get messed up and tell other people about it, I dont think its a good idea.

Why not? I'm genuinly interested why you think its not a good idea.

I think the main issue is self incrimination...pm one of the mods to check ur limitations if ur not sure.

I like ur thinking man. :wink:

Exactly what space cadet said, self incrimination. The rules on this site are pretty tight when it comes to this subject. For the better no less. I can only imagine a new member logging in and not reading the rules and saying "cool a trip report thread, type type type man last night i got so fucked on eckys and coke and nailed some random bitches " u get the picture

Edited by quarterflesh
  • Like 1

As much as i enjoy doing coke from the barrell of an unregistered shotgun whilst fondling filthy whores,

I completely agree with these guys about the whole self incrimination thing.

I recommend to those that are eager to share their experience reports, Get an erowid account.

Caus if i see the worm 'swim' one more damn time i'm likely to kill that hooker.

(anyone that mistakes the top sentance or above to be anything but pure sarcasm is gravely mistaken and will suffer at the cold, radioactive fate of my weapons grade plutonium.)

Edited by The_Crack_Fox
  • Like 4

I love the insights people have and the perspectives that i have heard in the past. Its a shame fear/incrimination is whats stopping story telling, possible learning and perspective shifts. On one hand you may not understand someones story or perspective but on the other, it could flick a switch in your soul. Maybe if substance was ommited? And only experience was relayed? Erowid seems to be more of a what to expect from x amount of y substance. Personally Im only interested in the experience.

I suppose i should start and see how the moderators deem it.

Setting:Sunny day with a cooling breeze.

Experience:Exhausted from climbing to the top of a nearby hill with my crazy dog, i sat on a large rock overlooking the city. Moments later multi-coloured light started to gradually expand from nearby tree's. My mind calmed and i felt a warming of the point between my eyes on my forehead. I looked to my dog who was also gazing at me with a silly grin. No light came from him which puzzled me. I looked to the nearest tree, a white gum i think. Its bark had become translucent and i watched as what i could only describe as energy or blood flowed under its bark up through the trunk into its limbs. Casting my gaze back to the city i noticed a tree that had recently been burnt and looked completely dead, it also had no light expanding from it. Then i noticed a part of the white gum had a dead branch which had become a snake infinitely spiraling. As all this was happening, i hate to use the term, but i had an overwhelming sense of gulp. Oneness!

as i looked over the city, I had thoughts of everything being my kingdom. But not in a "im the king of the castle" way, more-so being part of the planet and universe.

I hope this story does no break any rules or cause any animosity. I also hope other people are able to recall experiences and share them.

much love, Bean

Edited by PsillyBean
  • Like 2

hooray for experiences. i've left a few brash tales behind, the search engine won't find them but those trawling old threads might.

one time i felt very breif "flashes" of energy seeming to rise into my perception from my lower chakras or from my lower abdomen. "you dont want to miss this party" they seemed to say "but you didn't bring enough fuel, so the party shall remain a tantalising, unrealised glimpse of what may be the reconciliation of your overly plump mental energies with the neglected primal furnace in your belly". then the same thing kept happening despite bringing more fuel, and that's where i'm at now with all of this fun business.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

magnificent experiences are what we are all about.

jump into the hidey-hole.

it's the whole point.

Trumbling through ancient forests trod;

just don't fuck anything up!

Edited by Thelema
  • Like 4

There are many ways too NOW

When you tell the story, it becomes then and not NOW.

How do you describe something that is by it's very nature a non intellectual experience.

The sharing of presence IS opening to an energetic exchange, language is the crudest form of this. In that it is still an intellectual process.

How to we convey our LOVE, with action. We Real-ise love

i guess i'll put this here, couldn't call it "magnificent" but,

when you're attempting to sleep, does anyone else get those "rushes", like a zooming rush of energy almost as if your taking off in a plane or something.

• Like 1

when you're attempting to sleep, does anyone else get those "rushes", like a zooming rush of energy almost as if your taking off in a plane or something.

yep!

If you learn to work with it, you can have some pretty awesome and bizarre experiences.. when this first started happening to me, I was reading into lucid dreaming quite a bit and was trying out a few different approaches, in particular; falling straight into lucid dreaming without having to wait for REM/ set alarms, etc (I read somewhere of someone who could successfully fall straight into lucid dreaming).. so I would lay in bed and doa 61 point relaxation exercise, and try to get into a meditative kind of state... every now and then i'd get this massive rush, and feel as if my mind was trying to separate itself from by body. but every time it happened i'd focus on it too much and shock myself back awake.. I used to get a bit of sleep paralysis every now and again too, but learnt if I could go with the sleep paralysis, and also the "blasting into out of space" feeling.. I could too, fall straight into a lucid dream... But not without some amazing geometric patterns and out of body experiences first! some awesome stuff!

Edited by fydesvindico
  • Like 3

I get that sometimes too. Have managed to hold onto it only a few times. Its a great feeling. I would relate it to the feeling you get when driving fast over a ridge, similar to falling even. Never had the geometric patterns fydesvindico mentioned though. that sound cool.

got that exact feeling ^^ when working with mugwort tincture, scared me off using it much for a while.

came to the conclusion i was catching myself slip into a dream state. the more i experimented with mugwort the more i noticed the dreamy effects before sleep also

I sincerely wish we could reframe the self incrimination,

mongering of fear.

Plants and their message share a sort productive freedom, and interconnected harmony.

Yet we can't speak openly of our dialogue.

There's nothing more important.

And so many ways to share the profundity.. without appearing illegal.

got that exact feeling ^^ when working with mugwort tincture, scared me off using it much for a while.

came to the conclusion i was catching myself slip into a dream state. the more i experimented with mugwort the more i noticed the dreamy effects before sleep also

That sounds interesting, will have to give it a go. Was your dream state any more vivid/different?

I sincerely wish we could reframe the self incrimination,

mongering of fear.

Plants and their message share a sort productive freedom, and interconnected harmony.

Yet we can't speak openly of our dialogue.

There's nothing more important.

And so many ways to share the profundity.. without appearing illegal.

Agreed mud, maybe all that is important is the experience and setting. Completely omit the use of substance. ?

interesting, seems it's quite common. even though i've been told numerous times in the past how to induce lucid dreams still i don't practice. even though i have managed to induce some lucid states in the past few months.

Agreed mud, maybe all that is important is the experience and setting. Completely omit the use of substance. ?

a magnificent experience should be able to stand on it's own merits, regardless of any substances.

• Like 2

"..regardless of any substances.."

as we discount water, oxygen and light..

or derivations of these,

as less

than those abstractions that the governers use

to keep their cupboards full,

and our understanding bare.

Yet you're right. And that is key.. that the difference between an illegal activity,

and a meditation

or dream

isn't as important as the fact that event was that was experienced.. and that

for the discerning mind, there is hardly a difference at all.

This is why I think the 'creativity' section

is the best place to write anything that may faintly resemble a trip report.

---

This week I dreamed that I swang from a tree like a monkey.

While thinking about cactus, the simple geometry of nature became a self revealing language

that stimulated my 'genetic mind'. Through vivid imagery,

I was able to hear like a wallaby.. sway like the plants.. climb like a Goanna,

and die like the sunset. I learned that a story is in the telling..

and that all stories are lies.

This was quite a magnificent experience : )

Edited by mud
  • Like 2

I had the dream jolts last night! I think what's happening, in my case anyway, is that I'm awake as my body goes into REM paralysis. I'm so amazingly relaxed when it happens, and awake but dreaming/hallucinating (naturally with no additives) - then my body tingles and kind of feels like it's disappearing and jerking back again. I coughed in the middle unfortunately, and it made my chest solid again so I couldn't let it go and see what happened. This is the 3rd time I've had this feeling, the first time was quite terrifying, the second time I let it go till I chickened out and woke myself up - last night I let it go but the cough stopped it. I think if you let it go, you won't be able to feel your body anymore. I've read in dream books that this is your dream body pulling away from your physical body and that once it's done with the jolting, you can get up (in your dream body) and wander around...

Pretty fun experience once you get past the 'oh my god I'm going to die feeling'

• Like 1

i dreamt i was a cat.

i licked my body clean, tongued my arsehole, kissed my owners(i say owners that way they keep feeding me sardines...)

and then i allowed my no1 memeber of staff to organisese my weekend with the boys and girls and trianythingonces and we lived like a lifetime together in three days.....beaudiful

i saw a gecko i thank" wow, that looked like mud...........nah that wasn't mud

enjoyed eating some frogs and flies, tastes like chicken tortillas

eventually we ally hugged, wiped ourselves clean and went to work

• Like 4

Here's a whimsical sunday poem. In simplest terms, i just went for a walk and found my head swirling with words by the time i came back.

On empty days, such as these, the river calls and indigo melodies seep through the trees.

Hearing this call, one creature emerges,

it is the moss-pocketed riverwalker.

Ascending the river in a mind thick with worry,

Mosspockets stretches, ducks and hops.

After the storm, travelling these ancient trails demands careful judgement, agility and grace.

Slowly,

very slowly,

the smells and sounds of the river penetrate the senses and peace sprouts from the soul.

Onwards and upwards, as the river roars,

until she finds the rock that has been waiting,

a seat of silence and thunder.

The mind falls still and the river rushes through it,

cleansing all doubt and pain.

This mind leaps to join the cascade,

and the river begins to sing.

'All of this is you, dear Mosspockets.

You and I, we know not bounds.

We are both timeless and formless,

without beginning or end.'

Thirst becomes quenched and eyes spring open,

the crisp green of the forest hums a deep and familiar tune.

Joy pulsates through the lifeblood of the system,

connections are renewed.

And so,

once again,

the moss-pocketed riverwalker descends,

arms outstretched,

pockets full of moss and hands full of stones.

post-8023-0-80029000-1357511918_thumb.jp

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 3