The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psylo

x x

Are you saying that crowd-surffing is a social outrage and should be banned ? C'mon, he's young, let him have some fun at the gig.

Sure, it just looks like he's half-way to alcoholism and beating his wife, that's all.

What annoys me, is the fact that it's okay to advertise, glorify, a drug which leads to so much aggression and bad judgement, whereas it's a prison sentence to partake in a drug which tends to lead to the complete opposite.

Alchoholic & wife-basher ? You see all that from a still image of a guy crowd-surfing ? It may well be that your post is seen as an advertisement for promoting drug delusions, more than the beer ad is an example is for booze dependence & spousal abuse.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Okay, I exaggerate a little. But I see a legal drug which, when abused, can and frequently does have seriuos consequences. Yet it is perfectly legal, and promoted.

There are other drugs out there which are no-where near as bad, but they are illegal. This makes no sense. Furthermore, when people are poorly educated about drugs, they see alcohol as the legal example - and therefore all the other, illegal ones, must be far far worse. Which isn't the truth.

I see a great hypocrisy in allowing an image of a drug fucked youth, promoting beer over just about everything else - destiny - when all other mind altering substances are so strongly controlled.

It makes me angry, and yes, I do see in that young lad's face the potential for serious abuse. It is not a benign image, however much your tolerance wants to believe it so.

all drugs, when abused, can lead to damaging consequences, not just alcohol.

actually alcohol in moderation is quite tame.

so..... back to facebook :P

Someone was telling me that if you have facebook, that while you are logged in AND after you have logged off that the site/program ( excuse my ignorance) can log and track every single website that you visit ????

I could not be arsed investigating this ! So can someone make it easy for me and tell me if it is true or not ?

BTW here is an interesting artice on fuckbook :

A new study by the Mediterranean Council for Intelligence Studies’ (MCIS) 2012 Intelligence Studies Yearbook points to the use of social media as “the new cutting edge in open-source tactical intelligence collection”. IntelNews.org's Joseph Fitsanakis, who co-authored the study, reports:

We explain that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and a host of other social networking platforms are increasingly viewed by intelligence agencies as invaluable channels of information acquisition. We base our findings on three recent case studies, which we believe highlight the intelligence function of social networking. (Joseph Fitsanakis, Research: Spies increasingly using Facebook, Twitter to gather data, intelNews.org, February 13, 2012)

(edit) - and a link to another relevant video http://tv.globalrese...et-social-media

What the study fails to mention, however, is the use of social media by intelligence agencies for other purposes. The study leads us to believe that social media is solely an intelligence gathering tool, when in fact, a number of reports have shown that it is used for propaganda including the creation of fake identities in support of covert operations. Those practices are discussed in Army of Fake Social Media Friends to Promote Propaganda, Social Media: Air Force ordered software to manage army of Fake Virtual People and Pentagon Seeks to Manipulate Social Media for Propaganda Purposes, published on Global Research in 2011.

The MCIS study is partly based on the “Arab Spring” framework which allegedly “prompted the US government to begin developing guidelines for culling intelligence from social media networks”. (Ibid.)

Again, this leaves out the fact that the U.S. Government provides “activist training” to foreign nationals to destabilize their country of origin. This tactic is detailed in Tony Cartalucci’s latest article, Egypt: US-funded Agitators on Trial: US "Democracy Promotion" = Foreign-funded Sedition.

“Cyber dissidence” is sponsored among others by CIA-linked Freedom House. The First of The Bush Institute’s Human Freedom Events, Co-Sponsored by Freedom House was titled “The Conference on Cyber Dissidents: Global Successes and Challenges”.

The Conference on Cyber Dissidents highlighted the work, methods, courage and achievements of its eight dissident guest speakers, from seven nations. Five of these nations are places where freedom has been extinguished (all rated “not free” by Freedom House): China, Cuba, Iran, Syria, and Russia. Two others are places where freedom is in peril (both rated “partly free” by Freedom House) because of an authoritarian government accumulating more power, as in Venezuela, or because of the threat of internal terrorist groups, as in Colombia. (The Conference on Cyber Dissidents: Global Successes and Challenges, The George W. Bush Presidential Center)

Countries where “freedom has been extinguished” and which are U.S. allies, such as Bahrain or Saudi Arabia, are not listed above. The only U.S. ally listed is Colombia and its freedom is said to be threatened by terrorist groups, rather than by its governement. It is worth noting that the Colombian government has been accused of spying on its journalists and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) says freedom of expression 'barely exists' in Colombia.

The goal of “activist training” by U.S. NGOs is to destabilize America’s political enemies in the name of freedom. “Cyber dissidence” is in turn used by intelligence agencies for covert operations.

here is an interesting related video too http://tv.globalresearch.ca/2012/02/fbi-latest-government-agency-target-social-media

all drugs, when abused, can lead to damaging consequences, not just alcohol.

actually alcohol in moderation is quite tame.

Yeah I'm really cranky tonight. Sorry. I'm going well over the top with this anti-alcohol tirade. Next thing I'll be promoting the

"Every alcoholic drink is doing you damage" line and asking for pictures of beaten women to be placed on all beer ads.

Psylo,

This is getting ridiculous. I have no idea what you think I am trying to say. Yes, I am a victim of alcohol induced rage - or have been a number of times, and I dislike it intensely. But I will allow anyone the right to have a drink, even my alcoholic brother. That is not what I am saying. I am suggesting that the ad is trying to glorify abuse of alcohol, judging by the look on the lad's face. I know what I am looking at, and it isn't someone having a good time on alcohol it's the look of someone who's had way too much and does it regularly. This is far too prevalent in our society, and I for one would prefer to see an ad of some stoned guy lying back and chilling out. But, of course, that isn't an option so alcohol it is.

I hate advertising, and I dislike the glorification of abuse.

i think he was making a joke there, about how ridiculous anti-drugs campaigns are.

Oh

I think I need to sleep

love you whitey

love you whitey

racist

khat thief

oy that was my favorite off sesame street, used to run around house singing it grooving my little arse off.

hey psylo im diggin the facebook thing man, i been clean a year of that horrible place. dont get me wrong i think the internet and social media has a lot to offer but that place is just lame with a capital L. wish i could elaborate more but im down the library now only using free internet for an hour or so here and there, but ill leave you too it im off to lend some tolstoy.

I am anti lame book/ gheybook, I've had the same mobile nbr since 99, you'd have it, if you were meant to. I don't need some douche from year 9 or some job i quit, wanting to invite me to friggen baby showers and crap. Good lord.

Face to face, or on the phone, txt format for me is limited in the transpositon of emotion, you read things how you want to, not necessarily how they were intended to be delivered.

36fihm.jpg

If I remember rightly chilli was facebooks biggest ever queen.

As I read this thread and laugh maniacally, I'd just like to say... nothing really... except you're a bunch of funny facebooking fuckers.

And Chilli, that pic makes me moist. That is all.

If I remember rightly chilli was facebooks biggest ever queen.

I doubt you can barely remember your way to the toilet incognito.

VM turned on me for no reason. He was the little drama queen: leaving the forums in a tizzy and then pouring out his anger by abusing my friends on fb and vying for my attention on my wall with his delusional rants multiple times a day.

When I eventually stuck up for my mate and politely asked him to give it a rest he spat some of the nastiest shit anyone has ever said to me and then blocked me (like the weak cunt he is) and started slandering me to you, like you are now doing around here.

Like attracts like!