The Corroboree
Ambient

Huge bucket of ebay lophs

LOL

price is rather steep...

I liked the imagery of a bucket of lophs though

Yeah, way too steep. He has another nice one as well (or he did a few days ago anyways), which is a very nice specimen but also overpriced.

I wonder how deep that pot is it looks huge

I bet they end up been sold to some hella rich dude going for a quick start to a passing hobby (or snack), who will eventually end up killing them by overwatering (or consumption)........ ok.. maybe I'm a bit jealous their not in my collection...

Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't even know what to do with that many lophs... maybe go crazy with shamanic power. wizard.gif

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Ambient Forest
  • Like 2

fuckin hell hahahaha thats definately not gonna sell

he has a couple more on there to

is this guy trying to hide wat they are or is he totally clueless elegant mother cactus hollywood cactus hahhaha

ok so heres a reason for one name

"quote"

-This wonderful cactus has 5 heads and its the best i have ever grown...no faults or blemishes....that is why i called her "Hollywood"...she is perfect and so beautiful...like a classic movie star....if you could feel her silken skin you'd know!

http://www.ebay.com....=item4161c06cdf

http://www.ebay.com....=item4161c090e6

Edited by myco

no way there's 300 heads in that pot

and that's about the same price i paid for my car. come on.

no way there's 300 heads in that pot

and that's about the same price i paid for my car. come on.

i thought the same doesnt look like anywhere near 300 in there

and my car cost $1 more than that hahaha :)

• Like 1

Price is ridiculous. I always wonder what goes on in the head of people who think their cacti are worth so much. Remember that auction with the lady who sold buckets of lophs out of her garden for a lot less than this?

• Like 1

yeh im still kicking myself i missed that auction. this ones a bit of a giggle.. theres an interesting spirally one in the bucket but other than that they dont really strike me as amazing specimens.

Tell him he's dreaming

• Like 8

Tell him he's dreaming

Probably already knows it, but is hoping someone rich, foolish or enthusiastic enough notices the sale & commits to buy on a spur of the moment.

Heres another overprized cactus on ebay germany. And the text is so full of bullshit and mistakes its already funny. And its not even a cactus btw. Seller is a future-teller who offers to read over the phone. Crazy Hag.

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item20be0fe6b7

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Heres another overprized cactus on ebay germany. And the text is so full of bullshit and mistakes its already funny. And its not even a cactus btw. Seller is a future-teller who offers to read over the phone. Crazy Hag.

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item20be0fe6b7

someone a few streets from me has one of those in his front yard.. it's about 4 times as big.

$_$

wtf? wtf? wtf?

300 heads :blink: naaar? really? naaah :huh:

I counted roughly and I got about 100 probably a few more no way there is 300 unless they are tiny

That's so ridiculous. I paid 65 euro for a 60 year old peyote-cluster. It's bigger than my head :D

• Like 1

Yup quite crazy, designer cacti prices, armani, and versace yotes!Will be the topic of many dinner party conversations in a pretty windowsill......for the winning bidder! 300 smiling heads of caespitosa dollars signs! I can see them now on a nice Italian marble coffee table, soaking up the exquisite conversation to a sparkling glass of Perrier Jouet or Dom Perignon!

50 members pitching in $50 each will end up with 6 lophs each whos going to start

Bags not getting the teeny tiny ones... (that will more than likely die if separated from the roots) caus thats the only way there could possibly be anywhere near 300 in the pot.

Evil Genius, if you are interested, I invite you to join me to the European cactus convention in Belgium in September, if you don't live to far from the border might be interesting. Tons and tons and tons and tons of exclusive cacti at ridiculous cheap prices.

Sounds great, Amanito. Not sure if i can make it though as i am always short on money. When will it take place? Will check it out the society later. Are you a member? Im not travelling that much but i´ll see if i can make it happen.

Im member of the german society too. Best decision in regard to cacti that i´ve ever made. You get in contact with so many great people.