The Corroboree
Torsten

DMT & Schoolies

60 Minutes is in a waaay different category to TT and ACA lol

trash journalism is trash journalism imo.

• Like 2

yeah, just saw the add a few minutes ago. who even watches this shit? i'll admit to watching TT and ACA once in a while for the lolz, but to be informed?... it worries me.

I'll be watching it. It is worrying that people base their knowledge of drugs on programs like this and government literature.

It's a shame that because of prohibition reasonably safe drugs like MDMA are illegal and legal drugs that are available to the masses are unresearched and could be far more harmful.

Edited by OPP

That 60 minutes ep suggested that shop was in Australia, I suggest it was in nz...

dont get me wrong , but i think schoolies and dmt would go well together...

there going to be too busy having the experience of there lives... be peaceful and loving and in the wow factor.

poor cops wont have any arrests to make due to no fights and arguments.

seriously , i never heard of anyone dying from dmt.

and even if someone did freak out and went a lil too far... its over before a ambulance would even arrive.

ugh , isnt that why you have your mates there ? to help you through the mind blowing journey ? make sure your ok , and there y are there for when you want to talk about your experience , go for a walk etc.

this is just journalism at its best exaggeration so far up there asses its not funny and they couldn't even tell you what dmt is.

i mean seriously.. the guys 3000 years ago couldn't have been wrong....

man i say good on em , go for it and be smart and be safe.

Edited by 7baz

So by sacred, do you mean elite psychedelic users should only use the substance? That just sounds like a more open-minded form of prohibition & discrimination to me.

See, I would take sacred to mean that it is something for those that look for it. People who take DMT and have done no research, have done no preparation, and are largely just doing it for recreation will not get anything out of the experience and are just wasting a sacred resource. This of course is not to say that these people shouldn't be allowed it, just that they need to have the desire to experience it, and the knowledge of what that experience might do, first.

• Like 2

Matt is in NZ so the shop shots were filmed there.

can anyone extract the High Stakes video from the 60 minutes website? My downloader can't seem to grab it and I'd be very keen to have this in my archives.

this all sounds interesting... thing is, if DMT is circulating all around and the schoolies are getting into it en masse as the new reports say, which is likely very much overstated, some of them are going to be profoundly effected by the experience and it may well alter their perspective of the world... however, many or maybe even most, are just not going to "get it". It has always been this way... actually.

A young girl told me recently DMT allowed her to release her fear of death... that's powerful stuff right there. But for many, it is just going to be another recreational high. I don't think anyone says that "sacred" literature should not be available to everyone, that only the elect should read it, but many have a different attitude when it comes to plants interestingly!

I personally don't think just because a person doesn't 'get it', that it's somehow immoral for them to use the substance for what value they see in it. I think it is kind of elitist to think that ones own interpretation of a substance is the 'right' one, and anyone who's using it for other purposes is wasting a resource. That's basically saying "If they don't use it for what I use it for, they should stop using it so people who are like me have access to more of it." So what if people use if for shits and giggles? As long as everyone is staying safe, and more importantly that whenever this particular substance is passed onto another person, whether it be for a cash exchange of for free, that the person receiving it is given adequate information to give them the best chance to know what they're getting themselves into.

• Like 1

I don't quite see how people can call DMT recreational... or certainly salvia for that matter.

So there's a streaming video online? I may have to watch it. And if there's a streaming video there should be a program out there that can download it :)

I've tried grabbing it with jdownloader, orbit and IDM with no success yet :( only other thing I can think of is maybe a greasemonkey video downloading script but I don't think that'll be to successful either :(

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/high-stakes/xetjwck

Edited by Jonstn

playing it and recording using a video recording program may be the way to go. It's not lossless, but it may be the only way.

just watched it, very interesting, the subjective language used was pretty annoying (modern day drug lord), and it was funny at the end, the bald dude was like "total bans dont work, but what's the alternative i ask?" well what's the alternative? who knows? it seems like there's absolutely no other alternative, certainly not legalisation...

i liked that matt guy's answer to if he'd be ok with his children using those RCs.

the chief of the d.squad says it all..... "HUMAN NATURE' would dictate that demand will always be there for illicit substances"

So basically he would seemingly agree that it is only human to want to explore your consciousness... Unless I got it all wrong and he's just talking about that dodgy boy-band

• Like 3

60 Minutes is in a waaay different category to TT and ACA lol

see i think that was once true, however watching 60 minz a few weeks ago i was appalled to see it had degraded to be VERY nearly as bad as tt and aca. like 90% as bad. but still there is no defeating tt in terms of badness..

as for who watches this tripe; my mum :( . fucking lives off it. watches one whilst taping the other. makes me very depressed actually.

watching video now:

"the only way to get a legal high"

the ONLY way, guys!

what about holding your breath and spinning in circles??

but like far out i want to go to that shop. anyone know it?

at 11:45 - isn't that chris lilley?

Edited by frank
  • Like 1

I personally think shrooms are fairly mild compared to LSD, there just seems to be a limit to the intensity of the effects before they just start making you nauseated.

I agree. Some say they have more chance of a 'bad trip' on shrooms than lsd, but I think lsd has an intensity that is much more likely to bring on a panic attack. Also there is a huge difference in duration. I have heard that cubes can have a longer lasting 'glow' than subs, but the profound effects of both are all but gone at T+4 hrs. LSD has been known to still be going strong at T+12hrs or more depending on dosage.

A tab of acid can have anywhere between 0 to 100's of micrograms of LSD, whereas to take the equivalent of an LSD overdose in psilocybin would mean eating a small bucket full of fungus. Mushrooms are certainly not mild, they just require more fore-thought/courage/stupidity to overdose.

Edited by kalika

The problem is TT, ACA, 60 minutes and all the rest of them get extremely good ratings because of the poor quality of there journalism. As soon as they start being informative there ratings completely plummet.

Fact is, at 6.30 at night when these propaganda shows are on, both ABC 24 and SBS news are providing people with informative and high quality journalism. Yet only a very small portion of the population actually watches them.

In other words, society isn’t a product of these shows, but rather these shows are a product of our feebleminded society.

Although, that “High Stakes” report was done rather intelligently I must admit. In that if you are for the cause, it seemed to kind of support it. But if you were against it, well, it kind of supported that too. Which is probably as close as an Australian mainstream TV channel is going to come to good quality and non-biased journalism any time soon.

Peace

• Like 3

At the end of 60 minutes(i think it was 60 minutes) last night they actually suggested that maybe legalising drugs and informing the youth and general public about safety would be the best option, rather than letting us build newer stronger more dangerous alternatives. I nearly fell over backwards and had a heart attack, these were words i never expected to hear from the mainstream media. (the big guy at the end who sums up thoughts on thing said it)

At the end of 60 minutes(i think it was 60 minutes) last night they actually suggested that maybe legalising drugs and informing the youth and general public about safety would be the best option, rather than letting us build newer stronger more dangerous alternatives. I nearly fell over backwards and had a heart attack, these were words i never expected to hear from the mainstream media. (the big guy at the end who sums up thoughts on thing said it)

Now that is a video I'd like to see on Youtube!

the old guy who reads the letters?? he is cool. i think we should all write in to 60 mins to let them know we appreciate good journalism...maybe it will become a worthwhile show again.

edit: watching it now. on the top right of main page. http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/

edit again: here is the link to the mailbag submission http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx?sectionid=5562&sectionname=contactus&formid=2363

i think it might have been more helpful if it was a week ago but whatever...

Edited by frank
  • Like 1

just watched that vid.

awesome.