The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dosileflynn

Murmuration

be amazed! watch the video! its a very rare phenomenon in nature known as a " murmuration " caught on tape.

Edited by dosileflynn
  • Like 3

Incredible, awesome, amazing. Imagine the awe of that happening around you. Thanks dosileflynn

That is fucking awesome! Imagine experiencing that.

Fuck. This made me cry with joy.

Still tearing up.

Fuck.

So beautiful.

• Like 3

Beautiful.

And what an amazing job they did of capturing that moment. Perfect choice of music, what a ride!

I have to watch that again.

:lol:

also guys, if you sign up to the vimeo website, then go back to the original video, scroll down and on the right side there will be a small rectangular box that says something like " this video " or something, and there will be a download button, 10.44mb. it's available for free download so you can view it as many times as you want, or even transfer it onto your phone or HDTV :) . although when i tried to click the link it said it had been downloaded too many times today, but i would just check back in a few days and try to download it again if your keen.

Remember those SBS advertisements with the slogan "The World is an Amazing Place"? I love that phrase, and it's certainly apt here.

Thanks for sharing, dosileflynn!

:o Dam :o Dam :o To witness that........ Dam

Do the starlings have an extraordinary awareness of what is happening around them or is it something else that enables them to fly in such tight formations?

Cheers

Got

FUCKIN' AYE!

That shit is brilliant!

cool vid but nothing unusual about it, put a basketball bouncing to music and it can sound amazing too. editing is really what makes people feel most emotion. its also about perspective, notice when the birds flew close they just became a few thousand birds, but when the distance increased so the pattern became more intricate. we live in it now...the milky way, doesnt seem very beautiful here but move out a few thousand light years and move in a few thousand too and view a snowflake. yes it is beautiful but in no way is it groundbreaking or from a perspective of which already isnt there all the time.

post-5986-0-14386100-1320416752_thumb.jp

post-5986-0-14386100-1320416752_thumb.jpg

post-5986-0-14386100-1320416752_thumb.jpg

Edited by santiago

i agree with santiago

it's fairly stunning footage, pretty similar to locusts or baitballs, but all of nature is a comparable marvel, just not always as striking.

what i like is that it mimics an effect of visuals i'm in love with, which happens when they stick to just three dimensions. transparent layers moving around or being viewed from a moving perspective, and how many different images they can create in this way. it would be great if a visual artist could create a medium exploring it. the album cover for ten thousand days is one example but it was a very simple medium trying to illustrate something rather than creating something visually astounding out of near endless possible arrangements.

• Like 1

pretty similar to locusts or baitballs

Fish also. I have seen similar in the Blue Planet series. Also seen this to a much lesser extent (ie barely noticeable unless you have witnessed before) when swimming with fishes (snorkeling)

riba0160.jpg

Your image has a 403 Forbidden error Psylo.

This is a pretty amazing phenomena. Would love to see it in person. I don't think it would matter if fish or birds, the awe would be there.

Holy shit. I saw it on mute, but still, amazing.

It's really amazing how they're so synchronized with each other, and how presumably none of the birds have awareness of more than a dozen or so birds, yet the entire group can function as a whole, with a small propagation delay. :)

The audio isn't much to miss out on Bluntmuffin. Just the girls in the canoes going "Oh wow! Oh wow!" and some light background music.

Awesome :)

I think it's pretty amazing how they can do that but i'm amazed everyday at how co-ordinated humans are in their big cars zooming past everyone but seemingly sticking in their little lanes and not colliding/

Ha ha! Distracted: I think this everyday! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

because the half that know how to drive see the half that don't coming and swerve away.

LOL i would laugh if it was the same for birds. "raaark, learn to fly ya farrkken"