The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

vegan parents starve baby to death

I'm all for the concept of Veganism and completely against cruelty to animals, but that story is just ridiculous! There is no excuse for a baby to die in a country like the US from starvation.

The whole vegan angle is media bullshit. This is old news, and I've kinda followed it as it develops. They neglected the child and didn't get it medical help when it clearly needed it. The father tried to play the media in his defence, too. He kept trying to make it out to be some sort of attack against vegans and stating, to the court: "I'm a vegan. I don't like cruelty to animals. Therefore, how can I be cruel to my own child." Stupid argument, and it just gives vegans a bad name. Even the judge behind the ruling stated again and again that it has nothing to do with being vegan. It's simply a matter of parental criminal negligence. And there are plenty of examples of terrible parenting in all walks of life.

Let's see the headline: "Parent's of child who was given only formula face murder charges."

Edited by Marcel
  • Like 1

thanks for clarifying sexy one.

You're lucky you posted this in the Chill Space, or Psylo might have torn you a new one. :wink:

There was an episode of "House' that had this as a central theme a few years back.

Usual plot. Baby comes in sick, test for dissease, realise it's something completely obscure, treatment begins, no imporvement, House looks troubled and retreats to his special place and emerges witht he epiphany that the child's parents were vegan and killing the child. The baby lived. House got wasted on Vicodin. The end.

always up for a new one.

You made a grave mistake posting it here then.

my bad.

Well, at least you'll know for next time. Nothing like a new one, after all!

dont hate the player, hate the game

Hard to separate the two when the game is pushed by the player.

ive got nothin'

marcel : "Parent's of child who was given only formula face murder charges."

so the chid wasnt just bottle fed soy milk and apple juice? u know he was given formula?

not tha it matters, the reason i posted in chill was that i knew nine msn doesnt supply the most factual news ;)

thought it was good seeing some vegans (whom i respect to no end, so much more than the fence sitting vegetarians who often drip with hypocrisy)

copping some guff instead of we meateaters copping all the hoo-haa!

again, I sincerely, and solomnly respect true Vegans, and will gladly cop a new one from an authentic ture vegan. I bow down to you guys.

but if i have to have the finger pointed at me by some sushi eating, leather wearing """"""vegetarian"""""""""""""" for sucking the marrow out of my succulent t-bone im just gonna wedgie that fucker to the moon and back.

restapa, true vegans, restepa :worship:

I think you misunderstood Marcel's point. It was more that vegan is a line played by the media to grab attention, and you wouldn't hear about a baby's death if it were fed only formula and its parents were non-vegan or vegetarian.

You took the quote out of context - the most important part of that line was

Let's see the headline:

As in that headline isn't seen...

• Like 1

thats what the media does though, right?

I'm a vegetarian, so I do respect and understand the concept of being a vegan.

But honestly, if a person wants to look unhealthy and have no real muscle mass from having no decent source of

protein, then that's just fine. But imo, not allowing your children a decent protein source by forcing them to be full

on vegan (little kids can't have protein powder) is far worse than feeding them mcdonalds and KFC everyday, imo.

btw, I'm refering to vegan parent's in general, not this case.

peace

Edited by jabez

Yeah, what Sheather said. The above headline is the same sort of thing as that you see in all types of news media.

Consider the following headline, and its slightly altered copy:

Man Arrested at Airport vs Muslim Man Arrested at Airport

The headline has given you a head start with what to think, and how to approach the meta-issues of the article (what it means, rather than what it says). The setting the sub-editors have set is this: Muslims in Airports = Terrorist. In actual fact, the article was about a political protest staged by a nutty Syrian man in an airport in some African country (forget exactly where). The protest and the nature of the arrest had nothing to do with Islam. The addition of the word "Mulism" to the headline was there just to gather additional clicks.

By the way, Incog: you have no idea how much I love it when you call me the "sexy one" :blush:

jabez: Vegans can and do give their children human breastmilk, which is a better source of nutrients than formula/cereals/cow's milk/etc. The World Health Organisation (among others) recommends it as the only food source for the first 6 months. In fact, too much protein in an infant's diet (as in cow's milk or chicken soup puree) is difficult for an undeveloped body to process effectively and can even be damaging to the kidney and liver. After 6-9 months, a vegan family can add cereals and vegetables to the diet and this is absolutely healthy and sufficient. This is the norm for infants around the world and throughout human history.

thought it was good seeing some vegans (whom i respect to no end, so much more than the fence sitting vegetarians who often drip with hypocrisy!

restapa, true vegans, restepa :worship:

Between the desert, ice and jungle lies the temperate open woodland. The fence is a human political construct.

You're lucky you posted this in the Chill Space, or Psylo might have torn you a new one. :wink:

Please direct your baiting games towards someone else, lettuce breath. :angry:

jabez: Vegans can and do give their children human breastmilk, which is a better source of nutrients than formula/cereals/cow's milk/etc. The World Health Organisation (among others) recommends it as the only food source for the first 6 months. In fact, too much protein in an infant's diet (as in cow's milk or chicken soup puree) is difficult for an undeveloped body to process effectively and can even be damaging to the kidney and liver. After 6-9 months, a vegan family can add cereals and vegetables to the diet and this is absolutely healthy and sufficient. This is the norm for infants around the world and throughout human history.

Yeah, lot's of vegetables and some cereals are very healthy in any human diet, When combined with a good source of protein.

Most vegetables are a good source of carbs and vitamins and are also good for the digestive system, but there low in protein and don't usually contain all 9 nine amino acids. Also, most cereals are only good for you when eaten in small quanities, so there not all that useful as your main source of protein either.

imo, becoming a vegetarian is the healthiest thing I could have done for my body, but if I cut cows milk out of my diet and don't compensate it with protein powder, in a weeks time I'll have no energy, dark rings under my eyes and a fucked up digestive system from eating to much cereals.

I'm all for being a naturalist's, but the fact remains that the human body has learnt to rely on cows milk (dairy products) or meat as the main source of protein. So imo, all these vegan extremists up here in the yarra valley where I live who raise there kids on fucking lentils and soya beans and won't let them near sugar are doing long term damage to there kids health. It's also plain cruel (morally) to force such extreme beliefs on a kid, Know matter what age they are, whether it's religion, diet or just perfection.

peace

Please direct your baiting games towards someone else, lettuce breath. :angry:

You misunderstood me. I wasn't talking to you, I was talking about you. Please keep in mind, that in future you're more than welcome to bite your abusive tongue, darling. :rolleyes:

I'm all for being a naturalist's, but the fact remains that the human body has learnt to rely on cows milk (dairy products) or meat as the main source of protein. So imo, all these vegan extremists up here in the yarra valley where I live who raise there kids on fucking lentils and soya beans and won't let them near sugar are doing long term damage to there kids health. It's also plain cruel (morally) to force such extreme beliefs on a kid, Know matter what age they are, whether it's religion, diet or just perfection.

maybe i'm misreading you here but are you implying that parent who don't let their children eat sugar are somehow neglecting their kids? i would say quite the opposite. kind of contradicts your whole "humans and their natural diets" theory. also, legumes are some of the healthiest foods you can get, much, much healthier than red meat. also, there's plenty of calcium sources other than dairy: soy, cabbage, kale etc. finally, who are you to say veganism is morally cruel and extreme? because it's not mainstream and looked down upon by a populous brainwashed by the meat and dairy industry? as long as the children are getting an adequate diet, i'm sure vegan parents are treating their kids to a life of health far in advance of those parents who let their kids run wild with junk food.

• Like 1