The Corroboree
Foo

Anonymous Says They Will “Kill Facebook” On November 5

http://www.inquisitr.com/133489/anonymous-says-it-is-planning-to-destroy-facebook-%E2%80%9Cthe-medium-of-communication-you-all-so-dearly-adore-the-hacktivist-group-has-posted-a-warning-on-youtube-announcing-its-plan-to-kill/

Hacking group Anonymous has announced that on November 5 they will destroy Facebook, “the medium of communication you all so dearly adore.”

Posted in a YouTube video the group says they will “kill” Facebook on Nov. 5 while claiming they are doing it for “Your own privacy”, while adding, “Facebook has been selling information to government agencies and giving clandestine access to information security firms so that they can spy on people from all around the world.”

The group continues:

“Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your ‘privacy’ settings, and deleting your account is impossible,” while adding, “One day you will look back on this and realize what we have done here is right.”

Apparently the groups plans don’t sit well with at least part of their group who have begun publicly distancing themselves from the “kill Facebook” campaign.

Facebook programmers vs. Anonymous hackers? This could easily turn into a pay per view event that could rival top UFC fights.

I know Anonymous likes to think they are doing everything for the good of society, but I know my privacy is being sold and I could care less, users who don’t like Facebook can simply disconnect and if enough users take that route Facebook won’t be killed by some lines of programming code, it will be killed because the people have spoken.

Id be interested to see if they can pull it off.

• Like 2

haha I deactivated mine last week (temporarily obviously). But if its gone good luck to it!!! Doubt they can make it happen though.

• Like 1

They will no doubt take it offline for an hour or so. But who knows ive heard they are working on a replacement for the LOIC

• Like 1

goodluck anon ! i have deleted mine too ! just hope they can delete all my content that has been permanently stored !

Wish i had the know-how to join the fight !

:wave-finger: fuck you facebook !

• Like 1

wow this is too good to be true, im absolutely lovin all the disconnecting crew.....i knew this was going to happen, disconnecters of the world UNITE yeh yeh the DC crew- chink chink de-activate woomp.

hackers must be the new freedom fighters of the world.:worship:

When posts and comments start showing up from years ago on the side of the page you know that absolutely no information is deleted from FB. I would like to get rid of it, but I don't have money to buy credit for my phone so it would make contacting people very difficult.. Having said that, if they managed to kill facebook, I wouldn't really mind too much. I imagine there will be some monitors thrown from the window that day though.

I know Anonymous likes to think they are doing everything for the good of society, but I know my privacy is being sold and I could care less, users who don’t like Facebook can simply disconnect and if enough users take that route Facebook won’t be killed by some lines of programming code, it will be killed because the people have spoken.

Can't this dickhead read his own article? Anyway...

hack-the-planet.jpg

• Like 2

facebook shmacebook!!!, SAB is better :)

• Like 1

SAB, its like farmville but HD

• Like 1

wow this is too good to be true, im absolutely lovin all the disconnecting crew.....i knew this was going to happen, disconnecters of the world UNITE yeh yeh the DC crew- chink chink de-activate woomp.

hackers must be the new freedom fighters of the world.:worship:

facebook is a super effective plaguge it will never be destroyed. if i was a n oppressed Middle Eastern person facebook is a good resource, i had it for a while first year at college but people just post nonsense, but the equation is hackers which are (?) how many vs facebook which is worth ~6.9 Billion $

i dont care really if people use facebook i had it for a little while but to me having to check it was at best an obstacle to progress, stuff people post is thing si don't need to know. pictures of food. some people like it really i don't care i just dont use it doesn't mean i've got a privileged understanding about anything. but 1000:1 facebook will not go away because of this

if anonymous can ddos attack sony , citibank , visa , and government owned websites.... then FB would be a piece of cake to them.....

How many people will share this shit via facebook?

if anonymous can ddos attack sony , citibank , visa , and government owned websites.... then FB would be a piece of cake to them.....

Facebook gets more traffic then everything you mentioned combined.

DDOS is about overwelming a server with demenands. A service such as facebook is set up to take more "demands" then you would think is funny.

Also the new "weapon" is not a DDOS machine

good luck anon

killing fucking facebook

sounds thrilling!

If they want to be a lion they have to bite the neck, not the face.

pff - if past efforts are to go by (and Dr. Phil says they are), this'll just cause mild disruption for a few hours/days then everything will be back to normal. besides with google+ set to become more popular than facebook, i suppose this is fairly pointless.

I'll remember.

Forasmuch as almighty God hath in all ages showed his power and mercy in the miraculous and gracious deliverance of his church, and in the protection of religious kings and states, and that no nation of the earth hath been blessed with greater benefit than this kingdom now enjoyeth, having the same true and free profession of the gospel under our most gracious sovereign lord King James, the most great learned and religious king that ever reigned therein, enriched with a most helpful and plentiful progeny proceeding out of his royal loins promising continuance of this happiness and profession to all posterity: the which many malignant and devilish papists, Jesuits, and seminary priests much envying and fearing, conspired most horribly, when the king's most excellent majesty, the queen, the prince, and the lords spiritual and temporal, and commons, should have been assembled in the upper house of Parliament upon the fifth day of November in the year of our lord 1605 suddenly to have blown up the said house with gunpowder, an invention so inhuman, barbarous and cruel, as the like was never before heard of.

Anonymous are awesome trolls; They're hosting an event on the eve of a failed political plot, this is just my kind of irony.

Edited by Distracted

Remember remember the fifth of November

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason why gunpowder, treason

Should ever be forgot...

• Like 1

pff - if past efforts are to go by (and Dr. Phil says they are), this'll just cause mild disruption for a few hours/days then everything will be back to normal. besides with google+ set to become more popular than facebook, i suppose this is fairly pointless.

Pfft for quoting Dr. Phil!

Remember remember the fifth of November

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason why gunpowder, treason

Should ever be forgot...

Oh, duh! I didn't even click about that.

Well they do like their Guy Fawkes, even if he is idolised and remembered for the wrong things.

Oh, that's right, they're the group who protest Scientology a lot. :P I got them mixed up with another activist group who are only known for their hacking.