The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tipz

German seed vendor

was looking at making a few large purchases from this czech online store to purchase five thousand seeds of my favourite cacti.

Has anyone here had any dealings with this company ? They seem pretty legit to me and the prices are sooooo good.

Anyone ?

(edit) here is a link to the store : http://www.koehres-kaktus.de/shop/index.php

Edited by tipz

Definitely reputable.

Haben Sie vielen Dank! ze ordah az been prozessed

I was going to buy there once, but i didnt want to chance customs with such a large order

I got some stuff from them. I got some san pedro and bridgesii seeds. I also got some caespitosa seeds but I got a lot less ceaspitosa seeds than I ordered which kinda pissed me off. I didn't lose that much money but it was annoying because I didn't get what I paid for. I am sure I could have contacted them and sorted it out but I didn't end up doing it and I didn't want to take the risk of getting more stuff from overseas.

suppose im a natural risk-taker. I know it will catch up with me one day but i just cant help myself

But it was only 5000 cereus seeds anyway - that should be fine shouldn't it ? and even if i did order l'w seeds or similar - to an address unlinked to me with a credit card unlinked to me - i have heard the general procedure is a caution notice ? not that i would do as such, i have a clean record and wish to keep it so !

Sounds like your caesposita seeds came through no worries migraineur :P

So many Astrophytum seeds...........

:drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

they are very good and nice people. they can get paperwork if you need it, at a good price. Sometimes their seeds are not great quality, but often are. hard to beat their selection AND service. I have bought many seeds from them in the past, some are great, others are basically soil amendments. But this is bound to change batch to batch.

i totally agree with kada

however, i should add that all the species that didnt germinate, i reported to them and they told me that i can order seeds for the price of all the seeds that didnt germinate. A year later i did the order and everything went as they promised.

Just to give you some information.

Their T. Peruvianus turned out to be T. Cuzcoenisis.

Non of their T. Valdis, T. Wendermeister and another species i cant remember did germinate.

Good luck.

As everyone else said a quality vendor and you should have no probs getting them home, just don't order 10s of thousands of seeds.

@tipz can you please edit your original post and change the title to "German seed vendor" as EG said this vendor is German and there is already a heap of miss information going around.

HN

sorry bout that everyone - my bad. I went to try and edit but could not find how to change the title of the thread :(

I could only edit the containing text ? any "tips' ?

Use "Full Editor".

yes, the more uncommon trichocereus species i had very por results from! the common ones were ok, same story with some of the Lophophor and various other genera. I never emailed them though as generally if seeds dont grow your shit out of luck cause there is never any guarantee with seeds, so that is amazing they did that!

And for some things they are the only source, or at least one of the first sources. i got my l. alberto-vos----- from them.

hope my peru's arnt cuzco :blink: should be able to find out at the end of this year.

lovely service, ask them anything and they will try to help out.

Also check icon as some tricho's you cant import, one friend had a package opened and some species seeds removed

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp

Also reckon quarantine likes small amounts think there is something about nursery stock amounts.