The Corroboree
chnt

copters

so it's just after 1am here in perth, and again i hear a copter in the sky, 5 minutes later and i hear it for the second time, what is it doing?

to me copters just seem to be the embodiment of a police state, they carry many negative connotations and they make me paranoid, not that i need to be personally worried about them, i get an archetypal collective unconscious feeling from them, and i dislike it.

they've been in the sky a lot lately, i've been in perth for 4 and a half years, and in that time i'd seen or heard maybe one or 2, but in the last 2 months or so i've seen or heard possible up to 10, day and night, what the fuck is going on?

can someone please thaw out a cryogenically frozen sylvester stallone?

yeah thanks.

what are they doing close to the ground and picking straight lines..maybe energex?

I've seen 5 this week hovering over my small country town in Qld the weirdest one was 2 about 100 metres apart hovering over a little hill in bushland not moving just sitting there? Wtf

There are a few helicopters in Newcastle. We have a major RAAF base nearby so I have become conditioned to them.

If your in or near a fire ant area Carl, the QDPI has been aerial photo mapping the nests.

Apparently their new software can recognise & pinpoint nests from the gazillion photos collected so that ground teams to go out to bait exact locations.

Well that's whats its sposed to do, whether or not it actually works is another thing entirely.

There are a few helicopters in Newcastle. We have a major RAAF base nearby so I have become conditioned to them.

I find that 9 out of 10 times it's that rescue helicopter that's parked behind the stadium, unless you're right on the edges of Newcastle. It was out last night too. I think they do a lot of training flights, as I can't imagine people needing a chopper to rescue them in the middle of Newcastle. I've seen some crazy manouvers from that thing, one Friday arvo about 6 weeks it was flying NW fast, then banked hard and lent what appeared to be about 60 degrees as it turned sharp to head back the other way. No shit I thought is was going to hit the ground, crazy.

They also use them for inspecting power lines etc,

Tony Abbott........on his campaign trail to increase carbon emissions???

There is speculation that choppers use Infra red detection equipment to pick up heat signatures of hydroponic set-ups in suburban adelaide ! I have not seen or heard evidence of this - but it seems theoretically possible ?

I find that 9 out of 10 times it's that rescue helicopter that's parked behind the stadium, unless you're right on the edges of Newcastle. It was out last night too. I think they do a lot of training flights, as I can't imagine people needing a chopper to rescue them in the middle of Newcastle. I've seen some crazy manouvers from that thing, one Friday arvo about 6 weeks it was flying NW fast, then banked hard and lent what appeared to be about 60 degrees as it turned sharp to head back the other way. No shit I thought is was going to hit the ground, crazy.

They have a simulator there too. Supposed to be pretty high tech. From time to time there are some larger military choppers getting around as well...

I suppose you get a lot of fighter jets often, Slybacon? Every time Im up that way

there's guaranteed to be a formation that's rocketing over me. Pretty cool in a way, but would drive me batty if I lived there.

Year ago when i was going for a jog one night a copter came out of no where and shone its light on me following me along for a block before i gave it the bird. It really gave me the shits because it was totally over the top.

that's so fucked up man

I had a few large plants in my garden a block away and I was somewhat concerned in my rather paranoid state that they were looking for them. turns out it was an escapee. But I doubt an escapee would be wearing jogging shoes, shorts and have a dog runnign with them on a leish.

A more fucked up story. An abductee from melbourne (as in an alien abductee) once reported that she saw helicopters hovering over her house, rather than UFOs.

i get the bacon birds over my house everynight! i think its because im on there route back to the hanger. Yes they do search houses/ sheds with infrared. I remember reading about a guy in perth who got his workshop raided because the bacon birds seen heat coming from his workshop. it turns out they were big furnaces. You know when they got there infrared on because they have all other lights off. Last night the copter was hovering over my house with no lights on. probly looking at me in the shed with the heater on watching TV. They use there infrared going back to the hanger. Dont know if they are allowed to though?

just saw another copter as i was driving home tonight...

Not sure about the ones you guys have seen, but this one was trying to spot 2 guys with a shotgun according to the police - taken from my back yard about a week ago.

post-7360-0-64147400-1311871972_thumb.pn

post-7360-0-64147400-1311871972_thumb.png

post-7360-0-64147400-1311871972_thumb.png

You guys sure it wasn't one of these?

http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/robotics-software/quadcopter-hexacopter-octocopter-uavs

They are plugging them with the thermal imaging & highres packages on board to orchidists & graziers for disease & stock monitoring.

Edited by shortly

Copperchopper has been around here heaps lately, training up for the 6 month trial on the G.C.

The G.C used to be such a good place, no wire taps, no choppers, fuck all speed cameras, cheap petrol.. alllll gone in 6yrs.

A more fucked up story. An abductee from melbourne (as in an alien abductee) once reported that she saw helicopters hovering over her house, rather than UFOs.

There's a few stories like that. The men in black...

There has been a Bacon Chopper doing rounds of Newcastle the last 3 nights. Spotlight action and all.... Haven't seen him this busy before.

You think this is bad? Have you guys ever spent much time living in or around Nimbin NSW?

Chopper raids began to become a frequent thing there.