The Corroboree
Rabelais

NSW joins synthetic cannabis ban

Hah, beat me to it by 4 min.

Gotta love the pic....... Oh wait , that was me!

r789090_6853383.jpg

Iran has imposed a ban on necklaces and wearing shorts for men.

Our own politians are just as pathetic.

• Like 1

Iran has imposed a ban on necklaces and wearing shorts for men.Our own politians are just as pathetic.

yeah we will end up like Russia & when cunts are banging up krokodil they will be happy.

They were happy to take their $3.50 GST from the Karma that we tried :angry:

Iran has imposed a ban on necklaces and wearing shorts for men.

Our own politians are just as pathetic.

post-8419-0-94400100-1309259842_thumb.gi

post-8419-0-94400100-1309259842_thumb.gif

post-8419-0-94400100-1309259842_thumb.gif

its amazing how they use scare tatics in order to create a agenda.

the amount of bullshit being dribbled here is unreal.

they can not keep up with the stats of casualties from kronic ??? o-0 lol

Do they really think people won't just turn back to MJ and/or amphets which clear the system faster?

i'm trying to punch through a brick wall, i've broken my hand 28 times now and the wall hasn't degraded.

i'm pretty sure i'll punch through any second now....

• Like 1

I know how I will get rid of mine......I am going to burn it :bong: It will be difficult but much better than having DEA pigz flashbanging my crib.

I wonder if this extends to individuals possessing jwh-018 for use in bonafide research activities (of a non-humanoid nature of course)

There are so many laws it gets confusing. At least they don't handle your cock and ballz at Australian airports..........yet?

At least they don't handle your cock and ballz at Australian airports..........yet?

Are you sure ;)

I ams trugglign to find the legal basis for the NSW ban. I've been keeping an eye on all legislation passed and have read the last 3 weeks of gazettes, including todays. No mention anywhere.

I am also at a loss to understand who the differentiation between sale and possession is made because there is no such differentiation in the existing schedules. I very much doubt they would have written a new section of legislation for these compounds.

I presume that the compounds will eb listed in next week's gazette and will indeed then be as illegal as any other scheduled drug. But what about these 7 days where it is suppsoedly legal to possess, but illegal to sell? what legislation or other enforcement are they using to achieve this?

It'd be the bulshit law that they made up out of thin air and doesn'ty hold any ground to me T. Just like they're all like... lets tell them this, the majority will believe us and the minority we don't care about.

Thats just how I read it anyways.

Since it's only sceduled as s6 poison in WA, I doubt penalties would be too high if even enforcable. Sales restricted yes, but possesssion, I don't 100% believe is illegal.

Can't they make it against the law to create new laws? That would be nice.

I am also at a loss to understand who the differentiation between sale and possession is made because there is no such differentiation in the existing schedules. I very much doubt they would have written a new section of legislation for these compounds.

I presume that the compounds will eb listed in next week's gazette and will indeed then be as illegal as any other scheduled drug. But what about these 7 days where it is suppsoedly legal to possess, but illegal to sell? what legislation or other enforcement are they using to achieve this?

Can a state government make a public statement about the immediate legal status of an item if there isn't the legislation passed to back it up? Or is this one big deception that won't be in place for some time?

A more streamlined approach to the restriction of these synthetics should have been on a Federal basis similar to the very clever revocation of Kava-Kava from the market by banning commercial sale of the product without a TGA tick of approval, the requirement of an importation licence for commercial quantities (a licence which the DHA is unlikely to approve for applicants outside of the scientific research community). I suppose for the synthetic cannabis there would also need to be controls on personal importation on one's person.

Torsten, you appear to be up to speed on how legislation works with various substance status. Why isn't there a single, Federal model for everything the government wishes to restrict? It's clear that none of the State governments are keen on the status of Kronic etc, so surely it would be easier to pass a motion and say "Right, these ten synthetics now require a licence to import and sell". Without granting application approval, the nett result is the same, and the products are revoked from sale.

This will definitly get the general public concerned at the effectiveness of dangerous drug regulation.

Never fear I'm sure the government will bring this up in the next federal drug model schedule consultation to ensure this adhoc approach dosen't fail the people of Australia in future. Let's hope it replaces and not overshadows the previously proposed plant schedule.

Why isn't there a single, Federal model for everything the government wishes to restrict?

Drug law is the domain of the states. well, it used to be. Slowly but surely the feds are usurping it. There certainly is a federal model. Both the model schedules of the criminal code act and the schedules of the TGA are non binding federal recommendations. The former hasn't caught on too well, but the latter is now fully implemented in all states. There is federal legislation on the way for JWH, but it takes a little longer than state based legislation.

A federal model is bad news because the feds have the most comprehensive analogs clause which leaves many currently legal mild recreationals in limbo.

that's terrible news.

will there ever be a change in the right direction?

thinking about this stuff keeps me up at night, often.