The Corroboree
synchromesh

'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn Dies In Car Crash

I'm going to be pissed off as hell if the whole thing is a stunt pulled for a movie Ryan's supposed to be in, about a dude dying then haunting his mate.

RIP if it's true :(

Everyone seems to care about the "Jackass" but what about the poor bastard that he killed sitting beside him, no one seems to give a rats about him.

It seems like grief is in proportion to your Hollywood status.

• Like 1

No, SallyD, grief is in proportion to how well you know the character. The Jackass star is widely known, people have seen and humanised him, and attributed a personality etc. People don't care about faceless masses, numbers on Death's tally board, they care for people.

If I were to tell you that 3000 innocents died over the last month of nameless conflict in a war-torn area of the world, how much grief would you feel? Compare that with the grief you'd feel if you were told that a good friend of yours had passed away.

You don't know the innocents, their deaths are relatively unimportant in your life, the grief is minor in comparison.

taken from his wiki page:

"

On June 20, 2011, at around 3:30 a.m. EDT, Dunn and Zachary Hartwell, a production assistant on Jackass Number Two,[9] died when Dunn's Porsche 911 GT3 came off the road and hit a tree in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania.[10][11]

Police stated that speed may have been a factor in the accident,[12] and preliminary investigations suggested that the car had been traveling between 132 and 140 mph (212 and 230 km/h) in a 55 mph (89 km/h) zone.[13][14] A toxicology report showed Dunn had a blood alcohol level of 0.196% — more than twice the legal limit of 0.08%.[15]"

this makes me think about something bill hicks used to say..

Everyone seems to care about the "Jackass" but what about the poor bastard that he killed sitting beside him, no one seems to give a rats about him.

It seems like grief is in proportion to your Hollywood status.

How is it all of Ryan's fault that Zachary died? If Zachary didn't want to die, then he shouldn't have traveled with a drunk driver. Simple.

How is it all of Ryan's fault that Zachary died?

No one said it was.

porche gt3, my dream car...

sorry heard the news a day or so ago, sad news, but its good to see he went out on his terms. and the co-pilot, thats devastating.

i don't think people realise road accidents until they are sliding down the street from being hit off a motorbike. it shows and teaches you another level ontop of just driving

Edited by C_T
  • Like 1

or flying through the air.

yes, it gives you an actual memory of the extreme forces involved directly affecting oneself.

Yeah I saw this on the news, showed the crash site and spoke of how the car took flight through the air.

"Police stated that speed may have been a factor in the accident"

You reckon? :rolleyes:

How is it all of Ryan's fault that Zachary died? If Zachary didn't want to die, then he shouldn't have traveled with a drunk driver. Simple.

I have personally known people who have been in accidents with drunk drivers (I have also known the drivers) and every time people demonise the driver and the driver receives no sympathy what so ever. I just find it very intriguing that when it comes to a "Hollywood star" the normal social rules don't apply.

Just watch the news the next time a drunk driver (without a Hollywood profile) kills someone you will see how everyone is angry and demonises the driver.

Maybe I am a bit detached from it because I not seen his movies, but the whole situation seems bizarre, especially the emotional attachment people have to someone they would never have met or did not know personally.

Very sad, he was one of my favorite jackass members. But i really condemn drunk driving and i think everyone who drives that fast in an intoxicacted state of mind is living pretty much on the Edge anyway. But its always easy to point the finger at people AFTER something happened. What really gets to me is to see how hard Bam Margera is taking it. Just take a look at this interview he gave right after the crash.

People even sell parts of the car on ebay...thats pretty fucked up.

Edited by Evil Genius

I have personally known people who have been in accidents with drunk drivers (I have also known the drivers) and every time people demonise the driver and the driver receives no sympathy what so ever. I just find it very intriguing that when it comes to a "Hollywood star" the normal social rules don't apply.

Sheather summed it up pretty well I thought...

Just watch the news the next time a drunk driver (without a Hollywood profile) kills someone you will see how everyone is angry and demonises the driver.

Dunn had a Hollywood profile? Anyway, I see your point. What else should we expect from this society though?

Maybe I am a bit detached from it because I not seen his movies, but the whole situation seems bizarre, especially the emotional attachment people have to someone they would never have met or did not know personally.

What's wrong with saying something as simple as "R.I.P." for somebody who has brought you hours of enjoyment?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with saying RIP.

I just think the emotion everyone is showing for him is out of proportion.

No one except his family and close friends really knew him, everyone else only knew the characters he played.

He didn't play any characters, he just played himself in jackass style situations. His personality and humour did shine through, none of us knew him personally that does not mean he did not affect us personally, like the loss of any one you like, whether you know them or not. I don't think everyone is overstating the significance of his death, so there is no need to downplay it. I could not give a crap about most celebrity news but having watched jackass, ryan dunn was a champ, it is sad that he killed himself and his friend by doing something stupid, such is life.

Edited by The Dude

I didn't say there was anything wrong with saying RIP.

I just think the emotion everyone is showing for him is out of proportion.

No one except his family and close friends really knew him, everyone else only knew the characters he played.

What emotion? Besides the short "R.I.P." messages, what have you seen that I haven't?

I have had my facebook page filled with crap about the guy for the last few days and all the people think they knew him.

Well, no offense, but Facebook sucks donkey nuts! I could care less what goes on in there. :innocent_n:

big surprise anyone?? those guys do rediculously crazy, life threatening things all the time. it a shame he was that stupid to get behind te wheel of a car pissed.

im glad that no other innocentpeople where killed. what a dick.

• Like 2

If you drink drive, crash, and die, you're a Jackass

• Like 4

Natural selection.

Now, if he's done it when he had the toy car up his arse for the "butt x-ray" skit, it would have qualified him for a Darwin Award...

As it is, I wouldn't be surprised if he got an honourable mention.

• Like 3

Hah, I got a +1 for a bad pun. I was just glad it hadn't already been dunn :P

• Like 3

sdfsdsfd

Edited by Teljkon
  • Like 2