The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
reptyle

How to ban ethyl alcohol

The hypocrisy that exists within our current scheduling framework is obvious to most anyone with a mind pointed in the right direction...

what most people dont know is that this can be changed if you can use the english language and a computer and arent afraid of going on record to state information...

Ethyl alcohol was recently considered for rescheduling. It was proposed that due to its entheogenic uses and its obvious risk to public health and safety...(over 6000 deaths per annum...ethyl alcohol should be placed in schedule 9 as a substance with a high risk of abuse or misuse requiring control through the schedules...

the proposal of rejected because it was claimed that current federal and state legislation is considered sufficient to manage these risks...

this is obviously not the case...

ethyl alcohol is acarrier for other substances...as such...it can be used as the standard against which other substances can be compared.

a small amount of research will yield monumental amounts of data indicating the governments attempts to put in place mechanisms to control the dangerous effects of alcohol...a study was recently completly by the university of queensland for the NSW health department which showed the need to update legislation...this proves that current legislation is insufficient.

Current legislation is insufficient in its application to control the dangerous effects of ethyl alochol.

If you can prove this conclusively with supporting documents. MSDS, Govt statistical reports, and other data.then the TGA and the scheduling secretariat...MUST reschedule this substance to follow procedure.

if you would like to write one of these applications...go here...

Rescheduling application form

If you are a university quality writter...i suggest you get cracking on this one...

if you can prove that ethyl alcohol is a danger to public health and safety...is instrumental in violence against women and children and has severe negative effects on indigineous people...whilst being an entheogenic substance(!! <that bits important) then you win...

the key word u wanna use is UNIFORM...as that is specified in the title of the SUSMP...

REMEMBER:

CURRENT LEGISLATION IS INSUFFICIENT IN ITS APPLICATION TO WARRANT INCLUSION WITHIN APPENDIX B(the exempt category) AND AS SUCH ETHYL ALCOHOL REQUIRES MORE APPROPRIATE SCHEDULING> SUCH BEING SCHEDULE 9

you will need to acknowledge the many medical and industrial uses of ethyl alcohol and include a provision for these uses.

a good example to work on would be

HARMALA ALKALOIDS which are in schedule 9 unless in preparation containg less than 2mg per daily dose.

read the SUSMP which is in the legal forum for an idea of the layout of entries into the SUSMP.

who ever achieves this...win the landmark...and the entire industry will be reformatted...

any substance which is included in schedule 2-9 requires appropriate lablleing etc...

anyway...

you will find relevant info in this record of reasons...march 2011.

Good luck. get it in b4 May 31 and it will be considered maybe in june maybe in october...

blessings.

• Like 2

Hay mate thinking I might have seen you talk recently at Nimbin Mardigrass let me know if I am correct? Just have this instinctive feeling it was you, could be wrong, think its always good to ask though.

Wouldn't it be a wiser move to rally for mandatory warnings printed on all alcohol products intended for consumption, in the same way that is done for tobacco? I can walk in to a shop and buy 4L of wine (41 standard drinks) for $14 and effectively inflict acute hepatotoxicity, neurotoxicity, fetal toxicity, become addicted, or die (particularly in someone drinking for the first time or mixing with other drugs) yet this is not marked on the package. At the most, there is "Please drink responsibly".

Surely all bottles/casks etc. deserve a nice collection of various warnings from the Government Health Authority in the interest of public safety:

"Heavy drinking causes liver damage"

01-cirrhoticLiver1.jpg

As for prohibition, surely everyone here agrees that it does not work? The user of any drug deserves the facts, choice, lack of stigma, harm reduction and medical support if they need it.

Anyway, as much as I think it's criminal that they don't have them, good luck getting labels on alcohol.

Edited by Alchemica
  • Like 1

i think reptyle is more interested in changing the way that the government handles other drugs than simply getting alcohol banned. this kinda just says 'look, the hypocrisy is blinding'

respect for finding this angle of attack reptyle. perhaps you should have consulted everybody here a bit earlier in case you have overlooked something, but anyway it's done now. i'm eager to hear torsten's opinion on this.

I am cautious about anything that accepts the governments right to interfere in our personal choices, so I would prefer if this was approached a different way. Reptyle's approach is not dissimilar to the fundamentalist religious demands for alcohol control and I'd hate to be associated with them in any way. But the end result is that there is a process on record where the hypocrisy has been pointed out to the government. this may one day help in a constitutional challenge or into shaming a future government into using scienific standards for making laws [once public opinion turns].

So, while I don't think this achieves anything in the short term, I am glad it is on public record for the future - and I think that's where reptyle and I fully agree.

• Like 1

I was thinking more along the lines of i shoulda kept my mouth shut for longer and just done it myself...that way nooone can mess it up but me...which isnt going to happen.

i do want your opinions though. and i wanted to make sure that if i get brain deadnened by a crew of government sponsored bikies that the information lives on without me...haha

nice little dose of paranoid. and some harmaline and i'll be one my way to shaman aus for a chatter...:)

i said the word consiracy to a Fed. Aus. Ombudsmans office investigator...haha...consiracy. what a joke they are...

For clarities sake...i do not want ethyl alcohol to be banned...i would like the govt to change the way it handles substances of a psychoactive nature with entheogenic value...

however...the impetus to move must come from somewhere...

i am doing things, thats what i am doing...for you...fellow forum goers...

this is what you could do to help the process along (if you are competant). comprende?

• Like 3

i thought about getting those religious folks onside Torsten...but not for very long.

• Like 1

For clarities sake...i do not want ethyl alcohol to be banned...i would like the govt to change the way it handles substances of a psychoactive nature with entheogenic value...

however...the impetus to move must come from somewhere...

i am doing things, thats what i am doing...for you...fellow forum goers...

this is what you could do to help the process along (if you are competant). comprende?

Don't convince yourself you're doing anything for me, trying to get my drug of choice restricted.

Wouldn't be the first kid who thought he'd get his ball back by pointing at the kid at the back of the class with a ball.

We all know what happens, everyone loses their ball. Most people grow out of this stage by age 6 :BANGHEAD2::ana:

• Like 1

similia similibus curentur

rather i am holding the balls and trying to work out the best way to share them evenly with the kids in my class.

as for everyone ending up with no balls...the only investment i have in the outcome is the righteous activity it took to arrive at it...

blessings.

• Like 1

Nothing righteous about trying to take something off someone else just cause you don't have it.

I do not give you permission to risk me losing my ball. Don't claim to be acting on my behalf, you are acting against me. Get your warm and fuzzys elsewhere.

And as a matter of fact the cure for methanol poising is ethanol, so yes, like does cure like.

In some ways I agree that getting one thing restricted will not necessarily cause another safer thing to become less restricted (I said as much in the Cancer Council alcohol thread).

I think a lot of people share your views punkin. But that's excatly why what reptyle has done/is doing is very unlikely to result in the TGA doing anything that changes the access to alcohol that the average punter has.

Pointing out the inconsistency in scheduling catches them in a dilemma.

They will not risk having he bulk of the population (and their paymasters in Canberra) turn on them.

So they have to accept the other choice, which is to come to a decision that they know could be interpreted by many as a cop-out at best (by passing the buck to the states) and massively hypocritical at worst.

The point of the exercise isn't to ban alcohol. It is to show the authorities up as hypocrites.

Of course if the TGA or any state body did try to really restrict booze, the public backlash and consequential ministerial rage would no doubt have interesting and unpredictable outcomes.

But I do not see that happening.

In order to maximise the exposure of hypocrisy, it would be best to repeat the exercise with the TGA (but not to the point of being branded vexatious) as well as have a tilt via state authorities. Collate all the resulting hypocritical responses in one place to make the attempted buck passing more obvious. Make a fuss via social media in an election year.

This would work better with some political or NGO allies. But no standing politician wants to risk their job by being involved in this. Nor would bodies such as the Cancer Council or Salvation Army advocate a position that helps ethnogens/entheogens become less restricted.

Remember, almost all organisations that are anti-alcohol are, at their cores anti-libertarian , and do not hold that people are responsible enough to make their own decisions.

For that reason, it is better to do without such organisations and to use viral techniques (or a PR firm if you can scrape together some cash)to highlight the inconsistency via the web - whilst all the time making it clear that the aim is not to ban alcohol.

• Like 4

Oh, i get the aim and the point, don't worry about that.

The problem is that it wouldn't be the first time (hence my simple example) that empirical evidence used to support a branch argument has forced someones hand.

We see it all the time from the parents saying well neither of you have it, to bosses saying the same thing, to sporting organisations saying well it's too hard to enforce an influence or impairment test so we'll have a total ban on traces (ala drug tests using blood).

If you dare em with it there's always the possibility that they'll accept the dare. There's crazy right and loony left everywhere and it only takes a couple of people off sick that day and it's passed.

I see it with marine parks and national parks destroying my outdoor pursuits all the time.

The thing that most rankles me though is the claim by the OP that he's acting on behalf of all at the forums.

It just ain't so.

I've got no interest at all any longer in the chemicals, plants and fungus that a lot of the people here are discussing. But the last thing i'd do is point a finger and help draw attention to it, specially in the stirring to get it banned (whether it seemed likely or not).

That's pretty much all i have to say on it without repeating myself ad naseum.

To clarify...

maybe a more accurate ay of reading the statement i made would be...

"however...the impetus to move must come from somewhere...

i am doing things, thats what i am doing...for you, however...fellow forum goers, this is what you could do to help the process along (if you are competant). comprende?

so...dont act like i am doing it for you if you dont want...it doesnt matter...when i first started doing my work with this issue, it was because of an investigation by the Austrlaian Crime Commission....and at that stage it was for the "people"....now...i've lost track of who i am working for... i can only remember my objective...if you fall on the upper side of the line, together we stand...if you dont wanna "tow the company line" hahah then thats your choice.

i am just making sure that my drugs are attatched formaly to the company and any line it wishes to be towed by.

i am addicted to "..." and use it innaptyl at time...u understand.

find peace in correct apprehension of true nature.

bless.

• Like 1

first and foremost i am a yogi seeking liberation from material existence...

this is like a side project which fits perfectly in line with my topics of study.

you are data.

thanks.

• Like 1

What a person chooses to ingest should be their choice.

To tell a person not to do something is to invite them to do it.

Restrictive measures don't stop problems they create an ever increasing problem that is compounded by harsher and harsher restrictive measures.

alcohol isn't a problem, people are the problem, without people it is just a benign substance.

• Like 3

To illustrate double standards, the approach is quite sound. I wouldn't worry too much Punkin, the government would NEVER, EVER give up the cash cow of alcohol tax, which Im led to believe is around $6000 million, when you consider the excise (around $12 per carton of beer, and $20 per bottle of spirits), GST, and customs duty (on imports).

What a person chooses to ingest should be their choice.

To tell a person not to do something is to invite them to do it.

Restrictive measures don't stop problems they create an ever increasing problem that is compounded by harsher and harsher restrictive measures.

alcohol isn't a problem, people are the problem, without people it is just a benign substance.

Very well said. Couldn't agree more.

Of course if the TGA or any state body did try to really restrict booze, the public backlash and consequential ministerial rage would no doubt have interesting and unpredictable outcomes.

But I do not see that happening.

In order to maximise the exposure of hypocrisy, it would be best to repeat the exercise with the TGA (but not to the point of being branded vexatious) as well as have a tilt via state authorities. Collate all the resulting hypocritical responses in one place to make the attempted buck passing more obvious. Make a fuss via social media in an election year.

We did this during the prohibition, the result being chaos, crime on a massive scale and corruption, just as we have with our present war on drugs. You'd think that we would have learnt that the whole idea just doesn't work.

As such the whole situation is one worthy of legal challenge.

Edited by Mycot

You'd think that we would have learnt that the whole idea just doesn't work.

It works for some people... that is corrupt law makers.

I see it with marine parks and national parks destroying my outdoor pursuits all the time.

Good. Glad to hear they're at least somewhat effective.

• Like 1

To attempt to fully grasp the realm through which one must pass to attain the elixer's of eternal life is an effort kindred philosophers who have mapped the spheres of heaven would understand.

To salute and prostrate with appropriate care at the entrances to such fields of non-existence...such worlds are filled with ghosts of information long out of date...non-human habituations trained into those who serve its life force...

it must control to exist...that is its form and purpose...

to allow such a thing to control whilst maintaining ones own essential life is the harmony found in all symbiotic relationships...

the mechanisms by which thoughts may be created in an observer and the path along which one travels relative to those thoughts, finally arriving at a state of self similarity to the source of the informaiton is vital when organising people according to an accepted mode of logic...or dataset leading one to a rational conclusion...

the packet that is sent, when removed from its context may appear meaningless...when it is united with its interdependences the truth of a situation may be wholy apprehended.

to bring one other into alignment with a certain pattern of perception of reality involves the organisation of information into meaningful types which are suitable for being processed by the system through which it will pass.

to pass through the gateway and become one of the members of an interactive community of beings whose main objective is to maintain a stable and reliable platform for implementing services, requires compassion and compromise.

it is a learning process. for both parties.

once the gates have been opened, and the initial familiarisation with characteristics has been completed, the work platform is much clearer in its expression according to rules.

do not fear the entry into such a realm, however dangerous it may appear, you will be welcomed...and the effort to improve our culture and world through testing of its limitation shall continue.

to respectfully and humbly submit the truth is the only way to heal that which within you is sickened...

i intend to build unity and wholeness within my being.

• Like 1